This is so discouraging

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tamtampamela

I've been posting videos on YouTube recently. For some reason people aren't taking me seriously. They're calling me a troll and saying things like "great satire! i laughed so hard!"

I'm being super honest in all of my videos! I just posted another one a few hours ago and it's the same story. :( What should I do?

S

socperkins

It's very hard to avoid negativity on the internet. If making videos makes you happy then I say keep doing it, just turn off the ability for people to comment on it.

J

Jason83

Anytime you post a video on youtube people will always have something stupid to say no matter what type of topic you discuss. However, you should expect to get lots of negative comments when you says things such as "I received a message from an angel" like you did in one of your videos--those types of statements are trolls favorite. As to what you should do, you can either disable comments if it bothers you that much or just ignore them.

J

Jason83

I watched a few more of your videos and to be honest you do come off, somewhat, as if your not actually being serious but just trying to be funny...I think it has to do with your personally being very light and bubbly which can be misconstrued as "trying to be funny". Personally, I wouldn't care less what they think-- if you feel that God wants you to make these videos then don't let them stand in your way.

People on youtube are really going after you though there are even video responses from atheist attacking. I would take all this as an achieve because you know your doing something right when the atheist come out in groups to attack you.

T

tamtampamela

Thanks Jason. That's really encouraging.

I can't help but be bubbly and happy all the time! God has blessed me so much over the years, I can't help but be joyful!

I just wish people would take me seriously. I can't help that my personality is the way it is.

J

jimmydiggs

They're trolls. It will only continue, you just have to fight onward.

J

Jason83

Thanks Jason. That's really encouraging.

I can't help but be bubbly and happy all the time! God has blessed me so much over the years, I can't help but be joyful!

I just wish people would take me seriously. I can't help that my personality is the way it is.

[FONT=&quot]One thing you should remember is that most of the people that comment on youtube are there just to be annoying. Also, there might be many people that take you seriously and enjoy your videos but they simply don't comment. If that isn't good enough, I'll watch your videos and take you seriously :D.[/FONT]

B

beta7

hi,
what are your videos about?

J

jimmydiggs

[FONT=&quot]One thing you should remember is that most of the people that comment on youtube are there just to be annoying. Also, there might be many people that take you seriously and enjoy your videos but they simply don't comment. If that isn't good enough, I'll watch your videos and take you seriously :D.[/FONT]
I actually enjoyed it. I do think the hellfire and brimstone approach may not always be the best, but sometimes people need to hear it.

T

tamtampamela

Thanks you guys. =) I really do appreciate it. <3

J

jimmydiggs

After further viewing your videos, I do not know, but it does appear to be a satire.

So I definitely can see where the confusion would come from.

J

Jordan9

Disable comments or ignore 'em.

Also, in the meantime, perhaps get some more constructive criticism from fellow Christians. See if you can make your apologetics more effective, ask people what they think works, what doesn't. If you have any atheist friends who can be civil about this stuff, try talking to them and getting their viewpoints.

Best of luck! You've got more guts than I :D

L

lil-rush

I'm thinking people call you troll because they just can't believe what your are saying is something someone would honestly believe. It seems to them like you are going to an extreme in order to make fun of Christians.

Like when you said that thing about people are going to go to hell if they don't vote for that one Republican candidate, that whole video seriously seems like it could be a joke. It just comes across as ridiculous to anyone who doesn't understand where you are coming from. Personally, if I stumbled across your videos on youtube without reading this thread first, I would have thought you were a troll too. Your beliefs are really radical, and not even most Christians are liable to agree with everything you say.

I'm not trying to slam you or anything. You obviously have a heart for God, and only care to see the world saved. Regardless, you have to realize your videos are rather extreme.

T

Tisha

I agree with lil-rush that you are extreme. I would have to say I have watched some of your videos and there are things that I disagree with. Like saying people are going to burn in hell if they didn't vote for the person you told them to. I'm sorry to tell you that God is not going to let you burn in hell because you didn't vote for someone. Also to say someone is not a part of the elected if they can't understand your videos is completly wrong. Just because someone can't understand what your saying or understand your video does not mean that they are not saved. I think you need to stop and think about some of the things you say before you say them. Because dear some of the things you say are quite frankly wrong.

B

Brianaj

Always remember it's not you that people dislike it's GOD in your. So don't worry about what they say, after all it's not you they have beef with :)

Aug 2, 2009
People who make comments on youtube are usually rude and dumb. Just be glad that intelligent folks who see ur vids know which comments to ignore and which ones have some intelligence to them.

B

bobie

I've been posting videos on YouTube recently. For some reason people aren't taking me seriously. They're calling me a troll and saying things like "great satire! i laughed so hard!"

I'm being super honest in all of my videos! I just posted another one a few hours ago and it's the same story. :( What should I do?
can post a link of the vids that youve been posting?

Y

yay

I have watched your videos, and am a Christian. In your most recent, you sound like a crazy person. In it you say you and all the other Christians prayed for God to show atheists that there is a God, and you thank him for the earthquake in Japan. I hope you realize that more than 10, 000 are expected to have faced an unfortunate demise. And the aftershocks have not only created more destruction, but also set off nuclear reactors. This only brings back terrible reminders of the past, if you are not a history person, which I am considering you aren't seeing as you were so joyous and smiles and bubbly about this destruction that Japan unfortunately encountered. I am a Christian, and the what you said, would make me look down upon Christians, giving us a bad name is not the way to make atheists believe in what we stand for. I suggest if you don't want to become discouraged become politically correct in what you say, and how you say it. Maybe you should have thrown in a prayer for those who are facing a very difficult time in their lives.

Jul 24, 2010
Okay, just checked your channel out and here's why people think you are a troll and I'm going to be painfully honest:

1. You are impossible to take seriously in any of your videos. You come across more as a satire character than an actual person. You take joy in the Japan's suffering, claiming it's the swift hand of God, you scream that video games are demonic and "designed by Satan himself," you even sing about liars going to hell and burning, you basically pull off every cliche in the book, and you seem like more like someone from Westboro Baptist. Seriously, Chris Crocker is easier to take seriously than you.

2. You are way too happy about what's happening in Japan and it's easier to picture you as a troll than it is to actually think you really are happy about what's happening there. Just because you think you see a positive in the situation does not give you the right to make light of the loss of possibly 10,000 lives. That's as offensive to them as Muslims claiming 9/11 was a step in the right direction.

3. You are impossible to take seriously.

And no, it's not the God in her that people are disliking, it's her. Someone who takes joy in the damnation of others is not someone to encourage.