This Roughsoul has a question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roughsoul
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Roughsoul

Guest
Okay so I am a young man with a family and amazing 7 month old son. We are just building our life together and cant be happier. We have been living in a rough house with many problems with the house. I have been failing at being the spiritual leader for my family. My wife tells me all the time I am a great husband and even better father to my son. But I hate my job and only staying to get my wife threw school. I lately only been going to church once a month and seem to struggle with remembering to pray. On the other hand I work a hard labor job with long hours and huge amounts of stress. I feel this is all my mind soaks in sometimes or I m too tired to think. So I fail at being a good leader. Nothing to blame but me I get that. Now my question. Recently God opened a door for my family that lead to a new home. It was only on the market for 3 days! A great deal for an amazing home. They had 3 people wanting the same house but the owner chose us. Then the next day at work my supervisor told me he was moving me to a different shop. Which is what I have been praying for, for a long time. I was in a wreck a few years ago that left me with back pain that pinches nerves and moving me to this shop will be a lot more easier on me and my back.
So my question is: Why would God bless me in this way when I let the crap of this world fade my eyes from God. Is it is way of bringing me back? Or has the last 3 years been a trial and I passed with a C? Maybe I am being too hard on my self but I doubt not when it could lead to leading my family closer to God and saving my soul too.
 
Thank you for sharing! There are always blessings for which to say “Thank you, Lord.” And we live in an abundant universe. Yes, your spiritual life took a hit, but our good Lord has created reminders of his grace and unconditional love. You have probably received more blessings since you posted this article, again, given the opportunity to say "Thank you, Lord."

When things are going well, it's easy to forget who is back of all things. And now you have been reminded. And you can share this story with friends, coworkers, and children one day. I am happy for you and your family. Let this be the time you get back in the church, get back on your knees, and get back in the word :)
 
kthespis- Thank you its just so hard to realize how much our God loves us :)