~This side of the 'glass'~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Ponder these words carefully, for they convey a completeness of an essential
ingredient of living life here in the NOW."
'Praise God'

CROSS - Copy (2).jpg animated-dove-gif-8 - Copy - Copy.gif

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
unapplightgod - Copy (4) - Copy - Copy.jpg
"For many people today, a Christian testimony means recounting the story of how they came to accept Jesus as their Savior. Their testimony stops there. Typically, some time later they get some assurance that they are saved. But the breakthrough of moving from theory to experience, of real victory over the bad aspects of their character, seems to elude most. This struggle is not normally a part of their testimony. They stop at their initial encounter with acceptance of the Savior, not with an account of deliverance over sin."
~Thought for today~

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Let us ponder these words carefully. For most, it is by ones own 'worldly account' of proclaiming
God. And to be vacant of the Holy Spirit, it shall be unlikely that one can truly exalt Christ our Lord
in the spiritual realm of ones own testimony. And ,God's words make it evident of the significance
of 'in Spirit and Truth'. Being self centered, is to attempt to justify ones attitude and behavior
concerning God, but vacant of the spiritual means to truly glorify Christ our Lord God."
~Thought for the time it is~
611667-bigthumbnail.jpg

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
We must accept, repent, become circumcized of the heart and have faith in the grace that was so generously given so long ago. We are no longer required to perform grain wine or blood offerings to cleanse us from sins but the blood of Jesus covers all sins if we submit ourselves to Jesus. He is God, we are not!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"And, the significance of these words are not to be taken lightly.
But then our humanness tends to ignore the meaning and purpose
of God's inspiration of thoughts, 'to be'."
'Praise God'
enact - Copy - Copy (15) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy...jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Those of us that have witnessed the time that was..( 50's & 60's ) and the time
now, have in a sense, had an oportunity to adjust over the years, to the
continuous changes in technology, among other things."

( Technology is the sum of techniques, skills, methods, and processes used in the production of goods

or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation. Technology can be
the knowledge of techniques, processes, and the like, or it can be embedded in machines to allow for
operation without detailed knowledge of their workings. Systems applying technology by taking an
input, changing it according to the system's use, and then producing an outcome are referred to as

technology systems or technological systems. )
"Let us consider the rapid advances of technology just in the last twenty years or less.
Those in age bracket of twenty five and under have been bombarded with unheard of
high tech gadgets plus the world of technology. And, in this general age group, it is
being witnessed a trend of disturbing events, not compatible to normal human behavior,
as was seen back in the day. I believe these young minds have not had adequate time
to adjust to the changes, but any age is subject to the inability to the necessary changes
needed to lead a life of some normalcy.
And, sharing these thoughts from 'this side of the glass' are at times, inspired by a
'Higher Power' I believe 'to be'. And, I choose God to be just that. And, I believe
the purpose of mankind has been so polluted, that self-inflicted wrath is just that,
as we all of a sound mind have inherited the one flaw that shall be the undoing...free will.
And, like our Creator, we have free will. We can to some extent, determine in part,
our future.
We are encouraged to 'choose life, by not only listening to God's 'voice',
but to apply and obey His inspiration of life 'principles' put forth. And, without free will,
this would be meaningless. ~Spiritually Inspired~

"Free will, there is nothing we can do about it." ( For the children being not yet born, neither having

done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of
him that calleth. .. For He saith to One, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy. )
~Spiritually Inspired~

'Praise God'
5a06fc6c74167_enact-Copy-Copy(16)-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-...jpg

Attachments

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"And, years now gone by...with tears I put my life before God,
and each day I am grateful of God's love, wisdom and the Holy Spirit...
believe it."
'Praise God'

enact - Copy - Copy (24) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy...jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
( @Mike83...former backslider post )
"Don't be discouraged by judgmental or negative remarks by those with hard hearts,
they exist everywhere, and acceptance of such is often necessary.
Family 'scars' can last a life time, and the effects often bring cause of a never ending
emotional dilemma. Not here to judge, only to share some bold and stern thoughts.
No matter our 'upbringing', we are destined to live with what we have been 'dealt'.
Adversity for some makes some more determined and the ability to persevere in making
a better life, and there are others that have not the fortitude to succeed in overcoming
the adversity. We can call this an individual's inherited character DNA.
Alcoholism is in my family DNA, and oh boy, I became living proof!
Make no mistake, I have experienced the good, the bad, and the ugly! Over four decades
of running amuck and living on my terms, and eventually I hit bottom, physically and mentally,
and it is a fearful place to be...believe it! Now over two decades ago, by the grace of God,
my life has become more orderly and manageable...'Praise God'.
My bad choices in life, I have paid dearly, with lose of respect, loved ones, material things
and my freedom while in DOC , and I was blessed and fortunate, my wife, now of forty six
years, stuck by me and we have prevailed in a lasting bond...Thank God.
I learned feeling sorry for myself was a waste of my resources. I had to 'man up' and
accept the fact I had to pay for my wrongs, it's life. Turning my life over to God's care,
I have learned to accept my past as a severe learning experience, as I had to deal with
my wrongs and move on to a better life, and feeling sorry for myself was nothing but
a selfish waste of time and energy, and I learned I could and would persevere, so long
as I worked at it, and now with God's 'presence' in my life, I am grateful.
I hope perhaps these thoughts will give some 'light', to the fact that adversity has to be
dealt with in a positive attitude, and that you can and will persevere, so long as an
earnest effort is applied."
( Thoughts to ponder )

0e2634_281b587cd5844b7799f02241532330ce~mv2 - Copy (4).jpg :)

Nov 12, 2019
Thank you for the words of wisdom. I should have been more tolerant of the severe lashing I was given last week. I was right on the edge of suicide when I reached out for help and understanding from my Christian brethren and received the abuse that almost sent me over the edge. I know I need to completely turn the weight of guilt and hating myself over to God but it hasn't been easy. I will write more later in the forum under your thread so the idiots that were judging me won't see.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Thank you for the words of wisdom. I should have been more tolerant of the severe lashing I was given last week. I was right on the edge of suicide when I reached out for help and understanding from my Christian brethren and received the abuse that almost sent me over the edge. I know I need to completely turn the weight of guilt and hating myself over to God but it hasn't been easy. I will write more later in the forum under your thread so the idiots that were judging me won't see.
"Thanks for the response. In any social media site, as this one and many others, there will
be a variety of 'personalities' venting and sharing opinions and thoughts. It seems many are
simply lost souls searching for attention, as I have learned over the past several years from
other sites similar to this one. I find this one to be the most lucrative with the forum choices,
and also some sincere God loving 'personalities'.
Sound advise, without some experience in a specified topic, shall often be impractical."
( Just a thought )

0e2634_281b587cd5844b7799f02241532330ce~mv2 - Copy (4).jpg Friendly.png

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"And, over time, I have contemplated certain things that perhaps may appear to
be somewhat insignificant, but in reality carry profound implications in my life,
your life and all of humanism. Rest assured, by no means do I make claim of being
a Bible scholar or fully comprehending the entirety of such, I Am only one of my ways,
and spiritually inspired. Two things...
'the meek shall inherit the earth, and we are
to become childlike'..........
( Scripture Inspired )
And, these may be described as innocence, humility, gentleness, kindness, goodness,
self-control, pure of heart, etc. etc. most all of things relating to 'meekness' and 'childlike'.
Myself and those of intellectual soundness, in all honesty, fail in these two characteristics
as a whole. And, this is just a truth of reality in the now, no more, no less.
From personal experience and observation, it is concluded that not all, but those adults born
with intellectual mental impairment have not realities of the normal, and anyone is free
to 'goggle' the definition of intellectual mental impairment. And, 'meekness' and 'childlike'
have been attributed to those afflicted.
And, not to judge nor offend, but I Am, as well as others, must undergo a serious inventory
of precisely where we are in any pretense of 'thinking' we have the right or ability to place
ourselves in God's Kingdom, 'to be'. It is easy to fool ones own self to 'think' we are qualified
and predestined to enter unto a Divine Kingdom. And, I Am, a Spiritual realm of all things, 'to be',
by the Grace of God...I Am You...You Are I."
~Thought to ponder~ 5a06fc6c74167_enact-Copy-Copy(16)-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-...jpg

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
We did a word study on the meaning of the term meek as in the beatitudes and it appears the original term that it was derived from in the original Greek meant something like fearless obedience not passive or shy.

(CO; http://biblestudyresources.org/blessed-are-the-meek.html)>
Blessed are the meek
(Mat 5:5 NIV) Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

What is the meaning of the word “meek”?

There is no one word that can capture the full meaning of the Greek word praus, which is translated meek. This word carries several meanings.

It has the meaning of humility. In the following verse, Jesus, the King, comes to us riding on an ass. He did not come in a mighty horse. He was not born in a mighty palace but in a stable.

(Mat 21:5-7 KJV) Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. {6} And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, {7} And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.

Meekness also has the meaning of gentleness.

(1 Pet 3:4 KJV) But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

The meek in KJV has been translated as gentle in NIV.

(1 Pet 3:4 NIV) Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Meekness does not mean weakness.

Matt 5:5 says that the meek will inherit the land. In Josh 1:6, God told Joshua to be strong so that he will inherit the land. Therefore meekness does not equate to weakness.

Jesus was a meek Man. Yet we would not describe Him as weak.

(Josh 1:6 NIV) "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Got a happy house full here. My son lives a mile away with his son and step daughter visiting. My Grand son is here on leave from the navy and his fiancée lives here locally. My son in laws mother, (Blanca) is visiting from Las Vegas too. We already have a household of 6. We're having two woodfire smoked turkeys (about 35 lbs together) and possibly Blanca will make sweet raisin tamales (one of her specialties) and goodies galore.

We are very thankful to be alive, well and together in the USA this week. Happy thanksgiving to all!