~This side of the 'glass'~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Now of eight decades, I am a witness to the end of the time that was, disturbing...absolutely!
The factors that have contributed to this drastic change, are endless. For years, changes have been
of a subtle nature, thereby, allowing society to absorb and to adjust in managing and accepting the changes."

Cause and effect of three things that have changed the core of America...( and the world )
( Communication.......Substance abuse......Free Will )

Communication,... being critical for human survival in society. Technology has and is the great life changer.
Society has gained much, yet lost much. Society has collided into conflict and opposition, this... we are all witness to.
It is foolish to put the blame anywhere, we are all a part of this abomination.

~Prince of the Power of the Air~......A profound declaration put forth...proclaiming grave consequences.

Substance abuse ...has wrecked havoc on the family scene, and has become an abomination upon society as a whole.
One of our greatest assets, our children, are dying and in a state of disarray. Families torn apart, and no place is immune.
This has become a culture tragedy, and worsening.
~Be alert and of sober mind. and not to defile the temple of God~....this too, a declaration with grave consequences.

Free will: the ability to choose how to act....and, a most prolific gift of endless enactments of conduct.
According to the Bible, our purpose, the reason we are here, is for God's glory. In other words, our purpose is to praise God,
worship him, to proclaim his greatness, and to accomplish his will. This is what glorifies him. Therefore, in this we find that
God has given us a reason for our existence, a meaning for our existence. And, this being mocked by rebellious conduct.

God's people, now being more focused and busy making money, accumulating things, and practicing their religion. But
The vast majority of Americans have become so far removed from God that they lack the eyes to see and the ears to hear
the
warnings He has sent. Rebellious attitudes and behavior mocks the very warnings put forth.
In God's care, and God is in charge, in reality being a paradox...with free will, God is in our care, and we are in charge of
our own conduct...having the allowed ability to choose how we apply and act upon God's principles of life, in our own life.

Disobedience, we are ALL guilty.
“I make known the end from the beginning” .....is a declaration of His Omnipotence...no more...no less.

Spiritual disciplines are biblical practices that a believer does to grow spiritually in Christ. When we discipline ourselves not only does our character grow and we bear more fruit, but we will also build our relationship with Christ. Spiritual discipline allows you to dive deeper into the heart and mind of God. Your desires begin to change because your love and your yearning for more of Him grows. All that you want is Him and you begin to seek Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and God begins to reveal more of Himself to you.
And, this I believe to be truth.
'Praise God'..........
I Am You...You Are I...... “I AM THAT I AM”

2350_4e13802c_full - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy.jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Pertaining to...what it takes to make a good marriage.
My wife and I have been together fifty years, married forty eight. ( Praise God )
( just a reminder: Wife born/raised Long Island, NY...by her parents......
I was born/raised on farm in Midwest by my grandmother....
two of opposite backgrounds. We met by chance. )

Wife raised Catholic, I was raised Protestant. And, we ACCEPTED this without question, and it has never
been an issue. We were, have been, and are WILLING TO CHANGE, and HONEST with one another, no matter what.
And, during these years, except the last twenty plus years....God was not much of our life...I will leave it at that.

Since 1996, God has been involved, that too is of no real relevance to anyone, other than myself. This I know,
our quality of marriage has been greatly enhanced. And, it is not necessary to elaborate on our marriage history,
we have endured and overcome enough...to still be bonded with a sound love...Thank God.

In short...what it takes to make a marriage work...WORK on ACCEPTANCE!...WORK on WILLING TO CHANGE!...WORK on HONESTY!
God is an option. Not only are these essential, they are mandatory. And, from observation, perhaps there are many
that need to invest in a serious inventory of precisely where, how and why a marriage went wrong, in your life.

Listen up folks...these words are from an eighty one year old retired Iron Worker...out of St.Louis Mo. ( getting paid to get high...lol )
And, anyone born after the 70's, are clueless to the 50's and 60's.........also, IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN...poor, without parents,
on your own at seventeen, divorced, a contract on your life, ( twice no less ) motorcycle gang, shot at, knife fight, in prison,
an alcoholic, disabling accident, major auto wrecks, black outs, psychiatric hospital, life threatening surgery,
a near death, or witnessing serious injury or death on a construction job, going to another country to bury a brother,
being retired raising a grandchild, then adopting them, ( now he is twenty three, love of our life ).........
or an extraordinary spiritual event....then perhaps some should review their 'complaining'.
( some of my life experiences )

As stated, God is an option. I am glad to have God as my friend. And, I believe many don't honestly understand
the depth and gravity of this concept."

'Bingo'...Believe I need God, Ok

56bc6e0ba935a_Serenity-Copy(8)-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy_jpg...jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
accord - Copy (64) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Cop...jpg
"And, it would be beneficial, if MANY, had the capacity to fully grasp this truth."

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
256416348_1954531038040748_3734632522665924806_n.jpg

"It is what it is...and, time will all play out in the 'time allotted'. "
( No More...No Less )

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
256416348_1954531038040748_3734632522665924806_n - Copy - Copy (2).jpg
"Silence is not being away...only listening attentively for what God wishes to convey to me."
'Thank you Lord'.........

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
frame-91455_640 - Copy (9) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
"Listen to your own truth."

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

frame-91455_640 - Copy (9) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Co...jpg

" We do not necessarily need to believe that thoroughly understanding the born-again doctrine
is absolutely vital to one's salvation. However, only born-again persons will be in God's
Kingdom; in terms of salvation, it is an absolute necessity to have occurred. Understanding it
clearly is helpful for fully appreciating what an awesome, divinely given gift we have received.
It helps us to establish more firmly our conversion and our faith in God."

" This doctrine fleshes out how we come to know God, how God perceives us, and therefore
how we should perceive ourselves following our conversion. It clarifies how we should
perceive our responsibilities before God after we have been set free from our bondage to
Satan, sin, and death. It should clarify that being born again is entirely a spiritual matter and
that, following the born-again event, an entirely new chapter of life has opened before us.

This new chapter emphasizes being spiritually minded, growing in the grace and knowledge

of Jesus Christ, and maturing to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ"

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Prayer, is said to be 'talking to or with God'......in reality, here in real time, most often
it appears to be...asking or wanting of God, to change something...or give us something we ask of.
Then again, prayer may be giving thanks of things we are grateful for, and this being to display humbleness.
However one approaches prayer, they are absorbed only by another living soul....this being the
power of prayer here on earth...( by the grace of God ) allowing the coming together of love, understanding, respect, hope and support.

And, here being of great importance, hopefully is that we are honestly being influenced through God's inspiration
within our life, to put forth meaningful prayers to connect us all, with faith that God's presence is upon us...
knowing we have been allowed resources to be used in making useful and necessary adjustments in our life, and to
hope of a spiritual connection of one another...and to understand, many circumstances being in correlation to the dynamics
of human behavior, here on earth. And, nature being self sufficient, of it's own nature."

tenor9IYMK91O.gif

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
- Copy - Copy - Copy (7) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy...jpg
"Spiritually inspired."

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Merely an observation...'this side of the glass', and not intended to provoke, or cause animosity
by any means.
It appears a forum of 42,182 Topics and with 2,379,721 Posts, being of great interest, to many.
And, all walks of life and personalities partaking in discourse... the power of the mind to reason
or infer by running, as it were, from one fact or reason to another, and... Language can never be 'neutral' because
it bridges our personal and social worlds. The study of discourse is entirely context-dependent because
conversation involves situational knowledge beyond just the words spoken.

Some topics have challenged sincere believers since the early church. Respectful debate on important issues
is beneficial to everyone involved, if it is done in the spirit of Christ
without ego or personal agenda.
And, is it not being
witnessed, precisely the consequences of ego and personal agendas? And, this being within
the 'house', that is supposed to be our leaders. A nation in turmoil, no more, no less.

And, now more than ever before witnessed, a great 'falling away' from God is at hand.

(Scripture says there will be false prophets who will minister beliefs that are not consistent with the Bible. As a result, members are leaving churches by the thousands. Many churches no longer have enough members to continue.

One cause to be aware of, is the teaching of tolerance toward other religions. John 14:6 “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.”

Acts 4:12 “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” (NIV)

If we teach there is only one way to get to Heaven and that is by accepting Christ as our Savior, we will be labeled intolerant. In fact, some call it hate speech. Corinthians 8:5–7 “For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food, they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled.”)

("This content is for informational use, and is not a substitute for 'Spiritual' advice.
Be sure to do your own careful 'inventory' before taking action based on anything you find in this content."
('Articles in this
thread are compiled from various public domain sources.)

"It is a time to put aside egos and personal self-seeking and selfish self-centeredness, God's inspiration
appears to being lacking in attempting to influence lost souls. And, witnessing testimonies of how God's

'word' has changed lives...rarely being displayed......disturbing, is it not."!
Argumentative discourse is when one tries to convince an audience that their opinion is correct. And, here
lies nothing of value. Let us listen to the truth of our own heart...a great awakening may come about."!

tenor9IYMK91O.gif

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
- Copy - Copy - Copy (8) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy...jpg
"Read it again...and again."!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Folks, we are living and witnessing a very troubled and restless world...here in the now, and for many...
an overwhelming existence, bringing cause of troubling consequences.... within the most sacred of all...family!
And, all have been told of grave consequences, when love, acceptance, and support.... are no longer within a family,
this shall bring cause of endless anxiety that will reach out to every fiber of any family branch.

Make no mistake, I am a witness to the heartache of family that has brought cause of separation....
and many tears of mine... (even now) ...will continue later! PRAYER TIME!

man-praying.jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
- Copy - Copy - Copy (10) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Cop...jpg
"Let us pray to fully understand, an effectual prayer should be sufficient to
bring cause of a desired effect, that leaves an intense and enthusiastic feeling
within, that is truly felt spiritually adequate. And, this being a quiet time alone,
with harmony of the Holy Spirit.
Thank God, I have learned...'spiritually adequate', leaves me with a peace that
allows the strength and acceptance to endure life challenges.
Let us pray to attempt to grasp the reality... prayer should be considered nothing
more than a time and place to conduct our spiritual equilibrium...with people, places and things.
And, to pray perhaps our soul is extending its collaborative spirit among us, that
we may become aware of something that requires our attention.... a spiritual God awareness...
knowing in this life...we have this...or not."
"Let us pray to listen to OUR OWN TRUTH."
'Amen'

'Praise God'

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
R (1).jpg

"Let our Lord...be close by...with love, strength, courage and hope for all." "Amen"

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
(#295 post cont.)
"Thank God, I have learned the power of the Serenity prayer over the past several years...believe it, I am at peace

with myself, and for my families conduct...that rest on them...I leave it at that. My love and affection are sound."
'Thank God'

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
" Living in the Twilight Zone... being the best concept available to describe the deterioration
and fragmentation of families, in this age. That being a conceptual area that is undefined or intermediate.
And, this being a sphere of experience or action that appears sinister or dangerous because of its uncertainty.
An ambiguous area between the boundaries of two concepts, conditions, hence a gray area. (Twilight Zone)

I know of a time when wireless communication was unheard of, not so in this age.
Simply useless to detail the value of family bond in the time that was. Family, friends and
neighbors, connected through seeing, hearing and talking to one another, in person...and a big hug was normal...believe it!

Wireless communication, through the (air) being of electromagnetic waves (signals!) Electromagnetic waves (signals!)
carry energy away from their source, traveling through (air!), solid objects and even space. Radio and light waves (signals!)
to be electromagnetism waves (signals!) traveling through space."

A profound mystery of the Bible, that carries a chilling but subtle warning...

~Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of
the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience~
...Ironic, is it not?

~A spiritual inspiration uses spirit to designate an invisible, immaterial, powerful influence whose
characteristics are absorbed and then exhibited in the attitudes and conduct of the general population of a given
people. Course is an influence of which we can be much more aware. ~

- Copy - Copy - Copy (10) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Cop...jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Perhaps there are many to be soundly reminded. The horrific tragedy of the Titanic,
a smug boastful attitude consisting of ...COMPLACENCY!..........SHIPWRECKED...LOST LIVES RESULTED!

(Merely an observation since coming on this site. Being a place of diversity of personalities and areas of locations.
On this thread and others, I freely share, more or less...a life journal connecting pieces together of learning, and
sharing experiences. I have learned just how out of touch I was with living a selfish life without God's inspiration to influence my life. And, it appears within these pages...many lives are off course, and far and wide...it is being witnessed.
It is not the intent to change anyone...impossible! I can only share how I changed my life, by the grace of God,

and earnestly striving to act upon and apply the principles of life, that Jesus Christ inspired.)

frame-91455_640 - Copy (7) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
The WHY is the purpose, cause or belief that drives our curiosity,
and for what purpose or reason we feel has helped influence our life."

Stagnation is a condition of slow growth or movement. Perhaps this post will
bring alive some much needed energy from the heart and mind without debating
over things that cause animosity. The world has more than enough!

With this post, let your heart and mind be your own guide.
Feel free to comment or add a likely WHY?
A journal is not needed for decisive choices in a short response.
Group each WHY in separate text post response/no need to reply to another post,
this is merely for each individual to personally share from their side of the glass.

Thanks to all that come here...and may God be upon us...all.

The WHY is the purpose or reason.........The reason/how does this help/hinder me?

WHY do I come to This site?
WHY is it important what I post?
WHY do I go to church/or not go to church?
WHY do I pray/or not?
WHY do I quote/paste scripture/or not?
WHY am I bored/or not?
WHY am I stressed/or not?
WHY am I confused about the Bible/or not?
WHY I have faith in God/or not?
WHY has Christianity changed/or not?
WHY do I get angry/or not?

WHY I like/dislike this post?

frame-91455_640 - Copy (7) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
- Copy - Copy - Copy (11) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Cop...jpg
"Mirror Mirror on the wall, what is it that you see?