This thread will self-destruct in 5..4..3..2..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Select those that apply

• I'm not a christian, but I'm searching

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a minister

• I am a missionary to (tell us below)

• Total voters
J

Jullianna

Our mission is:

Matthew 28: 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 25: 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

There are other scriptures, but you see where I'm going here, right? :)

So many times in these threads we talk about what we'd like from God or what we'd like Him to do in our lives and the lives of others. Where do we stand in Him? What are we doing out of our love for Him??

J

Jullianna

Please understand that it is not the intent of this thread to boast or blow our own horns. Paul said that he did things he didn't want to do, and didn't do things he knew he SHOULD do. That's where I was going with this. I'm doing some things, but I know there's so much more I can and should do.

I would love to hear about any ministries you may have that aren't listed above. :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
This is definitely an accountability thing. I almost didn't want to answer any of the selections.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Wonderful poll, Jullianna! A good kick in the rear to us Christians... and big reminder that we are all a work in progress. I used to be very active in church but kind of burned out... I attend regularly but am still kind of "floating".

I kind of feel like Moses after he ran away from Egypt--he wound up watching sheep for 40 years. (Although, sometimes I'd much rather deal with sheep than people, I think.) Sometimes, as Christians, we also have to go through a "recovery" and training time, which might not look as "spiritual" to other Christians, but I've seen what happens when I take on too much for too long.

Aug 2, 2009
The words of the apostle Paul:

"Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?"

Romans 7:24 NLT

I empathize with Paul.

"That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2 Corinthians 12:10 NLT

J

Jullianna

I hear you. :) Sometimes in our enthusiasm to share the Lord with others, we spread ourselves too thin and burn ourselves out until we allow the Lord to show us which things HE has called us to do. Sometimes we need to withdraw for a season of restoration as Jesus did. And sometimes we need a holy kick in the pants so we'll get back to being about the Father's business intil He comes (see Matthew 25). I've just come out of a season of rest, CHANGE and renewal, so it's time for me to stop slacking off. :) I also know that some want to serve, but aren't quite sure what their gift(s) might be. I thought this thread might give them some ideas.

J

Jullianna

The words of the apostle Paul:

"Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?"

Romans 7:24 NLT

I empathize with Paul.

"That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2 Corinthians 12:10 NLT
I identify with him in so many ways as well. I'm so thankful for his honesty and humility in certain passages. We don't have to be perfect. We have to be willing.

Aug 2, 2009
I identify with him in so many ways as well. I'm so thankful for his honesty and humility in certain passages. We don't have to be perfect. We have to be willing.
Yes, but of course there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a shining example to others either :)

J

Jullianna

That's what we're all striving for, huh?

Aug 2, 2009
That's what we're all striving for, huh?
You know what I find interesting about Christianity is that in a way it parallels the zen teachings of the east in that the one who is truly a master does not call any attention to himself/herself, but merely keeps on doing the things that a master does and does not let any compliment or recognition go to his/her head.

J

Jullianna

That was sort of the point I was trying to make in the women in ministry thread. So many want to be the head and few want to do the foot washing... The servant is not greater than the Master. :) I realize that Paul said we are to desire the greater gifts, but I wonder sometimes if we get the list reversed somehow.

Here's the thing, how many quiet, elderly ladies do you have in your church who can pray Heaven down like nobody's business? They are true warriors of the Kingdom and most folks never know it... :)

J

jimmydiggs

Is the countdown measured in weeks?

This thread has been up for more than 5 second, and more than 5 days. When will it self-destruct?

However, to the subject at hand.

I selected, pray sometimes, because I pray nightly, but not so commonly during the day. Nightly prayers I consider obligatory, and not optional... I don't count it as praying daily.

I selected, Don't attend church because, well, I don't.

Also, I don't directly study scripture so I couldn't select that one. I tend to stick with scripture-related topics.

EDIt:

Forgot to mention, I did not select "I am a Christian" because I am a poor example, if I do register as one.

J

Jullianna

I get the "obligatory prayer" thing completely. To me, daily prayer is not just kneeling beside the bed for a few moments before we go to sleep, it's maintaining a prayerful attitude and talking with/listening to the Lord during the day. What does the Lord have to say to me today? Is there something I need to do? Someone who needs my help? Is there someone fighting a battle I can join in agreement with? Is there something He wants to change in me? Is there something I'm doing wrong? What do I need to allow Him to dump from my life next? Or do I just want to rest in His love for a season and show Him mine by spending time with Him...

E

evelina

when i was reading the poll my heart was beating really fast .... I COULD DO MORE THAN THIS .... what a shame ....

:-(..

I really like this thread it made me rethink of my life what i've done and what i could do better ... sometimes i'm that busy and forget about some more important things in life...

J

Jullianna

evelina, you have such a sweet spirit and precious heart.

E

evelina

Thank You Jullianna ...*hug*

Apr 6, 2011
BLUE OR GREEN !! BLUE OR GREEN SOMEONE TELL ME ----edited----- !!!!!!!!!!!!! *cuts blue*... Whew... Thank you Call Of Duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kiwi_OT

Wonderful poll, Jullianna! A good kick in the rear to us Christians... and big reminder that we are all a work in progress. I used to be very active in church but kind of burned out... I attend regularly but am still kind of "floating".

I kind of feel like Moses after he ran away from Egypt--he wound up watching sheep for 40 years. (Although, sometimes I'd much rather deal with sheep than people, I think.) Sometimes, as Christians, we also have to go through a "recovery" and training time, which might not look as "spiritual" to other Christians, but I've seen what happens when I take on too much for too long.
Very wise words Kim :)
Ive been through that phase as well with my current church. While I was studying in Dunedin (500km away), I was introduced to my current church (in my hometown) by an old highschool friend, but because I was studying so far away I could only attend during my vacations and summer breaks so during those times I went to church but I definitely floated around awkwardly. I didnt feel it was fair to the church to commit to groups and ministries when I was going to be comming and going so often. Now that Ive moved back home permanently it took me 3 months to settle in, meet people, join a ministry, start tithing etc.

P

Psalm2713

I have checked most of them ... I have to admit despite having a regular plan sometimes I just don't stick to it... sometimes I miss ten days in a row of my Blble reading plan ..etc.. which is a shame since I am a youth leader and since much is given to me much is expected....But generally God and I are pretty tight....

for ya'll I am not sure how to put it....but there is much more room for growth as a minister( whatever the ministry) that just a casual christian... so try to get yourself some ministry opportunities like you could ask your youth leader if you could lead the next group.... Book- Prayer of Jabez.. ask God to expand your territory and to bless to bless your ministry... (1Chronicles 4:9,10)