Those crazy christians are at it again. Something needs to be done about this😀

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2021
there’s a wrong time and place to praise God ?
I can only speak for "ME", I can't say how everyone else feel. "I"personally wouldn't wanna have a nice dinner out and got to listen to a gospel choir. That scenario don't even look normal,.it look a bit weird to me because I never witness that type of behavior in a restaurant before. As for " ME" ill pray over the food, not sing over it. That's just "MY" view on that situation

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
I can only speak for "ME", I can't say how everyone else feel. "I"personally wouldn't wanna have a nice dinner out and got to listen to a gospel choir. That scenario don't even look normal,.it look a bit weird to me because I never witness that type of behavior in a restaurant before. As for " ME" ill pray over the food, not sing over it. That's just "MY" view on that situation
When we all get to heaven we will be eating and drinking with other people worshiping in the background. I believe that there will be worship there 24/7.

So, you wouldn't want to eat in that kind of environment?

Maybe you don't really want to go to heaven...

Oct 10, 2021
When we all get to heaven we will be eating and drinking with other people worshiping in the background. I believe that there will be worship there 24/7.

So, you wouldn't want to eat in that kind of environment?

Maybe you don't really want to go to heaven...
What does me having a quite meal gotta do with me going to heaven? In case you didn't know, you dont have to sing gospel songs at restaurants to get Into heaven. Who ever told you that lied to you dear. So, try not to be so naive. God bless

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
What does me having a quite meal gotta do with me going to heaven? In case you didn't know, you dont have to sing gospel songs at restaurants to get Into heaven. Who ever told you that lied to you dear. So, try not to be so naive. God bless
Of course I was not saying that that was the case; nor did anyone tell that to me.

My point was that when we finally get to heaven, worship will be happening 24/7.

Do you think that we will be eating in heaven? I do.

If so, maybe you don't want to go to heaven...

Because you seem to think that it is a negative thing to have worship music in the background while you are eating.

Because you said that you don't want that to be a part of your eating experience.

So, to bring that to its logical conclusion, you are saying that when you get to heaven, you don't want to eat with people worshiping the Lord in the background.

But there is worship in heaven 24/7; and therefore there will be people worshiping the Lord in the background while you are eating in heaven.

So, heaven will not be heavenly for you; because you have testified that that is not something that you want in your experience.

Maybe, when you stand before God, you should ask Him to send you to the other place instead...

Oct 10, 2021
Of course I was not saying that that was the case; nor did anyone tell that to me.

My point was that when we finally get to heaven, worship will be happening 24/7.

Do you think that we will be eating in heaven? I do.

If so, maybe you don't want to go to heaven...

Because you seem to think that it is a negative thing to have worship music in the background while you are eating.

Because you said that you don't want that to be a part of your eating experience.

So, to bring that to its logical conclusion, you are saying that when you get to heaven, you don't want to eat with people worshiping the Lord in the background.

But there is worship in heaven 24/7; and therefore there will be people worshiping the Lord in the background while you are eating in heaven.

So, heaven will not be heavenly for you; because you have testified that that is not something that you want in your experience.

Maybe, when you stand before God, you should ask Him to send you to the other place instead...
So what makes you think you know me so well that you think that I don't want to go to heaven?That's a bit much dear. God bless you and your knowledge of knowing rather or not I want to go to heaven. Bless evening hun🙏

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I do not care what the Owner thinks. I ALWAYS say grace before I eat! And, if the Owner, or any one else gives me grief about it, I might just burst into song...........

That'll teach them. The damage to their ears should burst their ear drums and cause blood to come flowing out..... :)

Scripture says sing praises to God......don't say nutthing 'bout singing on key.
well if you are that bad and off key then the owner actually does have the right to kick you out

Which is why musicians practice a bit before they perform...or at least, tune their instruments. But if youve got a horribly off key voice then dont be surprised if people move far away from you when you open your mouth lol

I dont usually click on you tube videos cos I know many of them I get an earbashing of advertising. aNd this time of year all the shops are playing christmas music anyway, thougn a lot of it is secular which drives everyone nuts. espcially winter songs in summer.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Some people have no clue how to sing in harmony thats all. It ruins it for everyone else.

so if you ARE in a choir...maybe practise? Isnt that what the Thursday night worship meeting is for?

Oct 10, 2021
well if you are that bad and off key then the owner actually does have the right to kick you out

Which is why musicians practice a bit before they perform...or at least, tune their instruments. But if youve got a horribly off key voice then dont be surprised if people move far away from you when you open your mouth lol

I dont usually click on you tube videos cos I know many of them I get an earbashing of advertising. aNd this time of year all the shops are playing christmas music anyway, thougn a lot of it is secular which drives everyone nuts. espcially winter songs in summer.
As for me, I don't sing at the dinner table, but to each its own. Ill rather say a prayer than sing a gospel song, but hey that's just me speaking for "me"

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
So what makes you think you know me so well that you think that I don't want to go to heaven?That's a bit much dear. God bless you and your knowledge of knowing rather or not I want to go to heaven. Bless evening hun🙏
There will be worship while you are eating in heaven.

If it is distasteful to you for people to worship the Lord while you are eating, maybe you don't want to be there.

Oct 10, 2021
There will be worship while you are eating in heaven.

If it is distasteful to you for people to worship the Lord while you are eating, maybe you don't want to be there.
Maybe you just took my words out of contex. God knows my heart. God bless

May 22, 2020
I think we should not worry about who we will offend with our public confession of God. Others could be encouraged by their courage and want to join them. They look confident and happy singing praises to God and that's attractive. Who doesn't want to be a part of a tight community of happy and confident people? That's an effective witnessing tool even if it steps on peoples' toes who think beliefs are being pushed on them.

The reality is that diametrically opposed worldviews don't invalidate each other. People should not feel afraid to live out their faith openly, publicly, and loudly.
You are so correct.

I recall...years ago...in a restaurant....I said a prayer before my meal.... as I do....a few minutes later a lady stopped by my table and noted that I had the courage to say a prayer. I said...yes...but many don't.

We are to recognize God in all ways, in our actions, speech as well as dress. I am reminded...."if you do not acknowledge my Father before mankind....... I will not acknowledge you before My Father"...

In our are area we have a huge 100' tall..or more.... cross near the expressway ....clearly visible for miles. There are constant claims and efforts to have it removed. Reason....it is offensive.
Praise God for the land owners witness for our Lord and Savior.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
It's not as bad as the Baptist guy that takes his church up to the busiest intersection in town, stands on the sidewalk, and tries preaching at people through their windshields. I don't know If the Holy Spirit really moves on people to distract people at busy traffic lights, and disrupt people at diners... that doesn't sound like goodwill to me. Not gonna lie, it looks more like "look at me!" worship than something that actually brings glory to God. Catchy tune though.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well Jesus said go into your prayer closet and pray to our Father in secret, dont be like the Pharisees who pray loudly on street corners hoping to be seen.

Singing I dont mind as long as people can hold a tune.
But I dont really see Christians busking on street corners. Though street preachers often harass passing traffic with signs etc and loud hailers. The cars are not going to stop...people are concentrating on driving or getting to where they need to go.

what would be more effective is a giant billboard or perhaps a church sign. But dont make one that says 'the end of the world is nigh' unless you really are planning to hold it right in the middle of a motorway.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
ok thanks for clearing that up

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Maybe you just took my words out of context <fify>. God knows my heart. God bless
Maybe you just think that we ought not to push the reality of Christianity on those who do not want to hear it?

How then will the gospel be preached to every creature? And how will the end finally come?