Those crystal clear, beautiful, precious moments of God's GRACE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

Starting my new job on Monday. Feel so incredibly Blessed. Would appreciate your prayers for a successful transition.

And Happy New Year!
How's the first week on the new job been?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
How's the first week on the new job been?
Thanks for asking.
After 2 weeks the jury is in. It’s very good. It has some pros and cons relative to my last job, but overall I feel incredibly blessed to have it.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Been awhile folks. But to be sure, the Lord is still showing His amazing Grace, even in this awful last year.

About 3 months ago I had a transurethral resection of the prostate. That's a fancy term for an invasive surgery where they shave and cut part of your prostate away.

This was done because the prostate had become enlarged to the point that it was difficult to go #1. Right before my surgery I had a PSA level of around 4, which I now understand to be relatively high.

PSA levels are a blood test to determine the possibility of prostate cancer.

Even though the levels were a little high, the Dr. felt that there wasn't going to be any cancer due to the scoped look of the prostate. They sent out the resected part after surgery to be analyzed. It came back showing that there WAS cancer. It was at a very early stage, and the Dr. thought a wait, watch, and testing approach was the best way to go at this point.

At this time, a myriad of people were praying for me.

Recently, I went to see him on a follow up visit, and bloodwork. After surgery, the prostate is sorta angry, and this usually means a skewed PSA result to the higher.

So he was pretty shocked to see the levels DROP to 0.8! He thinks it's even possible the resected part was the ONLY part that had any cancer. Many prostate cancers are very slow growers to begin with, so at least at this time, NO painful biopsies or MRIs!

On top of this, the surgery was entirely successful in it's original purpose. I'm off all meds that helped go #1.

Thanks to all those who prayed, and a HUGE thanks to the Lord, who ALWAYS gets the credit for the good in my life.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
With the daily drumbeat of debate, sometimes contentious, with me right in the thick of it, I need to come back here to remember and recharge, knowing just how good the Lord is.

I don't have any recent "moments", and that's a problem. I think those moments still happen continuously, but are being drowned out.

Maybe reading some of your "precious moments of God's Grace and Presence" will lift up those of us that could use it about now.

G

Godsgirl83

God's ongoing Grace and plan for my life is incredible to look back and see, and to excitedly wait to watch what's next:

I can be a loose canon. Sometimes a loose canon miraculously hits a mark, but MOST times it wildly misses. God put the perfect woman in my life to steady that canon without putting it out of commission.

25 yrs ago today, I married this woman who exemplifies every day, the vows we made then: Truly an ongoing Precious Moment of God's Grace:

View attachment 189783
:) This date is drawing near again......
Just wanted to make a post while it's on my mind (so the date doesn't come and go and I forget)

1634255072294.jpeg Is this year 28?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Early last month my wife and I, and friends of ours went to Florida for a short vacation.

We flew into Tampa and the next day made our way to Clearwater. That Saturday night we were at our hotel relaxing when the ladies suggested we go to downtown Clearwater.

After awhile, the ladies suggested we go down to the beach. We made our way there and for the first time in my life I touched the Gulf of Mexico.

It was pretty dark on the beach with just some beach house lights shining. We made our way down the beach , and saw a person standing on a picnic table facing the sea looking at a phone and raising their arms.

It turns out it was a young woman, and I went over near her because a trash can was close and I wanted to throw something away. She said “I’m sorry, I hope I’m not invading your space”. I said no! If anything, I was interrupting you.

My friend, who can talk to anyone at any time came over.

Just to give you a visual, this was a black woman, who had just turned 30 from Baltimore. She said she had a calling to go out and worship the Lord that night.

As time went by, and we talked more about Jesus, she started to cry, and said she felt very comfortable opening up to us.
Her “girlfriend “ was back at the hotel waiting for her.

She believed the Lord was telling her to get out of that relationship. She also told us her parents have been telling her that as well.

She asked what we thought. She said she loved this woman and she was a good person, but not a believer, and didn’t want to hurt her.

I won’t relate all we told her, but we did NOT judge her, only told her she already knew what the Lord wanted her to do. She decided she would listen to God. We warned her that her girlfriend would not understand her decision and to be prepared for that.

Then there were tears, and hugs, and prayers.

It was an amazing, Spirit refreshing night, that energized all of us.

That 2 middle aged white men, can have an almost instantaneous connection with a young black woman is a true testament to our family in Christ, and a perfect example of God’s incredible Grace.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The Lord's Grace and mercy is truly remarkable!

I attend a fairly large Church of about 2000. My family started going there about 5 yrs ago. At that time they offered MEN'S basketball on Monday nights. Pickup. There was a woman who went each week and although not terrible she had a lot of trouble keeping up with the men. I remember having conversations with several of the men about how ridiculous it was that a woman kept showing up and messing up the balance of play for the MEN'S basketball. Imagine the GALL of me, basically a new person, saying that against this woman! Back then, we at least had a prayer before we played. As the weeks went on, it became clear that not enough 30+ year old men were showing up so the age of the players dropped to the point that it was almost all late teens early 20s showing up as well as the 30 something year old woman and a couple of die hard middle age guys.

We don't have a gym so the Sanctuary is really a large multi-pupose area, and this is where we played. By this time, there was no Spritual element at all. It was basically an open YMCA gym, and the play got rougher, more intense, and some people only got to play for short periods of time. There was no leadership of any kind. The Church finally pulled the plug on it about a year and a half ago.

Last year I wanted to help with UPWARD basketball, a Christ centered, mostly non-competetive kids league. I had never coached before so I asked if I could be an assisstant. BY CHANCE (yeah right) I was assigned to help the woman who I had complained against!

THIS year I wanted to try head coaching, and BY CHANCE, HER son was assigned to my team and she asked if she could assisst me because she was also coaching her younger daughter's team.

In all honesty, this is one of the kindest, sweetest people I have ever known. Going out of her way to help everyone and anyone, with the kind of patience I wish I had.

Now WE are starting up "MEN'S" basketball again with the Church's blessing, and devotionals planned for halftime!

After being such a jerk regarding this woman, who only wanted to go out and play basketball one night a week, the Lord revealed that it was MY heart that needed checking, not hers for showing up to play!

Amazing how God works even what we think are little details of our life for His Glory and our good.
My heart is heavy tonight.
I just found out tonight that this sweet, generous, Jesus loving, Brethren loving, mom of 4 kids, woman has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Her prognosis is not good.

She also just found out recently.

I pray, and ask you to join me, that God's incredible Grace would miraculously heal her.

Her name is Krista.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Krista is fully healed, now that she is in the Lord's Presence.

However there remains great pain and mourning with her family and friends.

Please pray for strength and peace for all involved.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I feel compelled to post this Sunday service we attended yesterday with a guest speaker. I had never heard of him, or his story before. It was without a doubt the greatest message/story/service I have ever seen.

I cannot recommend watching this incredible account, of a truly faith filled brother in Christ, enough. You can skip the Worship songs if you like, and start about the 26 minute mark. Be Blessed!

https://www.youtube.com/live/5bSpkKGWUgA?feature=share

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I feel compelled to post this Sunday service we attended yesterday with a guest speaker. I had never heard of him, or his story before. It was without a doubt the greatest message/story/service I have ever seen.

I cannot recommend watching this incredible account, of a truly faith filled brother in Christ, enough. You can skip the Worship songs if you like, and start about the 26 minute mark. Be Blessed!

https://www.youtube.com/live/5bSpkKGWUgA?feature=share
Sorry, it actually starts about the 20 minute mark.