Thoughts on Submisson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

Is my husband the only one who believes that a husband's role is to put his wife first? To serve her and love her as Christ does. To really be His representative to the wife?

This doesn't mean that this is done perfectly - not at all. We all are only human and our flesh does not always agree with our spirit. Yet, this is my husband's understanding of the role, and most of the time, he is doing a wonderful job of this. This is the role I also take on for myself. And not always done perfectly.

The only thing I add is to let him make the final decisions on things, and support his choices. Even that is subject to change. My husband is 84, and beginning to show signs of dementia - not always wise choices. It seems to be reversed at this point. I'm taking on more of a leadership role. There just can't be any hard and fast rules in a marriage.

We can only take care of each other to the best of our abilities.
To answer your questions, no. That's just what the sound bite says doesn't exist.

There are three post on this first page about submission. I'm guessing the reality is, as always, women would prefer remaining in complete control, and submitting just goes against our natural grain.

Add to this, they don't trust a man to automatically assume the wife comes first, so they're prepping for that. So, rather then marry a guy who knows most of all that he loves his wife, it's just easier to pick a man who will let the wife rule.

Personally, it seems reasonable to me to just assume I'll either find a guy who really loves me or I'll stay single, but that just goes against the grain of modernism and what is now passing for feminism.

But, between you and me, we've already get the privilege of dealing with much bigger issues than a mere "submitting" topic could ever reach. And, yes, it wasn't that long ago that I thought the worse thing that could happen to me is I couldn't find a job quick enough. Remember those days? Ahhhh, the good-ole days. lol

Apr 15, 2014
concerning our needs, God's WORD is faithful and true.

jesus put it this way "the gentiles(pagans) all seek after these things... >>

Matthew 6:32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your ...
biblehub.com/matthew/6-32.htm

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth
that ye have need of all these things. Holman Christian Standard Bible For the ...
Matthew 6:32-34King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]32 [/SUP](For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
[SUP]33 [/SUP]But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
[SUP]34 [/SUP]Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

King James Version (KJV) by Public Domain
Dude, that's talking about clothing and shelter. Read it in context, please.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Ladies, especially feminists, do you find it difficult to start new threads on this forum, since you have to press the 'submit' button?

ManonFire63

May 10, 2015
Man is the head, woman the neck turning the head. It is a team effort. There is a lot of power in being a woman, but a man is supposed to be a leader and decisions maker.

The Greater Church is a Bride for Christ. Christ is to Man as Man is to Woman. (1 Corinthians 11:3) Man knows Christ's Love which is fatherly/paternal/patriarchal and builds up and clean and last forever, and he shares that with his wife. The Meek before God shall inherit the Earth. Man is meek before Christ, Woman is meek before her husband.

A woman who does not wish to submit to her husband may have a Lilith Spirit.