thread alerts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

I'm just wondering why sometimes I will get an alert for a watched thread and other times I won't for the same thread?
Sometimes I get an alert for a thread I haven't been alerted to in days and yet go to look at it and there have been tons of post since my last viewing but no alerts for them.
I have it set to alert me to watched threads, and have it set to "watch" threads I post to but sometimes no alerts come for a while.
Kinda feel like I'm missing out on stuff, lol.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I have been hearing pretty much from the get-go of this new platform, which went into effect May 28th of last year, that the alerts do not work properly. Me, I do not want to be notified anytime someone posts in a thread I have posted in, whether it is people on my follow list or not. I get the notifications of reactions given, and when I am quoted or mentioned with the @, and that is enough for me :) If you check your own post history, it may help you follow up on threads where you have been active. Otherwise? As much as I would love to be able to assist you, I do not know what to suggest :oops::cry::unsure::geek:

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
I'm just wondering why sometimes I will get an alert for a watched thread and other times I won't for the same thread?
Sometimes I get an alert for a thread I haven't been alerted to in days and yet go to look at it and there have been tons of post since my last viewing but no alerts for them.
I have it set to alert me to watched threads, and have it set to "watch" threads I post to but sometimes no alerts come for a while.
Kinda feel like I'm missing out on stuff, lol.
I set my alerts to my G mail setting not c.c. Works fast everytime.🙏

G

Godsgirl83

I don't check my gmail often, lol. Strange thing is it gets more notices about activity on CC than I do here, lol. Oh well. Good to know it's not just me:)