Three Days and Three Nights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
garee,
re: "heart of the earth = the gospel"

That would be an issue for a different topic.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
JamOn,
re: "I don't agree..."

You asked how many days from 3pm to 6pm. The answer is .125 days from 3pm to 6pm. That's assuming a 24 hour day. But I ask you again - what is your point?

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
JamOn,
re: "I don’t agree it’s one day the first day"

I didn't say it's one day. I said it's .125 days which would be 1/8th of a 24 hour day. What's your point with regard to this topic?

Jan 2, 2020
What is missing in all of the posts is Jesus was crucified during the Passover week. Also there are weekly Sabbaths and annual Sabbaths. Passover starts and ends with an annual Sabbath. Therefore the Sabbath could be on any day of the week. With Jesus rising on the first day of the week the 3 days going backwards is Saturday, Friday and Thursday making Wednesday afternoon the day of crucifiction and Thursday the annual Sabbath.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
Sasquatch123,
re: "What is missing in all of the posts is..."

What is missing are examples showing that it was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

re: "With Jesus rising on the first day of the week the 3 days going backwards is Saturday, Friday and Thursday making Wednesday afternoon the day of crucifiction and Thursday the annual Sabbath."

That's an issue for a different topic.

BTW, your scenario involves 5 calendar days.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
With the new year, perhaps someone new visiting this topic may know of examples.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
Whenever the three days and three nights of Matthew 12:40 is brought up in a "discussion" with 6th day crucifixion folks, they frequently argue that it is a Jewish idiom for counting any part of a day as a whole day. I wonder if anyone has documentation that shows that the phrase "x" days and "x"nights was ever used in the first century or before when it didn’t include at least parts of the "x" days and at least parts of the "x" nights?
If you study creation...there would be any problem about this...read gen 1.
And the
evening and the morning the first day
Evening and the morning second day
Evening and morning the third day.
Apply that to Jesus death and resurrection
Resurrection -3rd day..any part of the evening and morning is the 3rd day
Sabbath - 2nd day evening morning.
Death - 1st day...any part of evening/day is 1st day...thus 3 days and three nights is 3 days or the third day...

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,

Are you a believer in a 6th day of the week crucifixion/1st day of the week resurrection?

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,
re: "Yes, any day outside that is unbiblical"

OK, and do you believe the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb?

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
watcher2013,
re: "Yes, any day outside that is unbiblical"

OK, and do you believe the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb?
Its a poetic statement...but yes it could mean like that

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,
re: "...yes it could mean like that"

How do you account for the lack of a third night in the tomb then?

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
watcher2013,
re: "...yes it could mean like that"

How do you account for the lack of a third night in the tomb then?
Its not lacking a night...it is tha lack of understanding....
Let me repeat...
In the beginning....gen 1..read it.
Evening and morning were the first day...
Evening and morning were second day..
Evening and morning = were third day...
3 days 3 nights were just saying on the 3rd day...
If you add another night you are moving on to the 4th day...

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,
re: "Evening and morning were the first day...
"Evening and morning were second day.."
"Evening and morning = were third day..."

I don't see where that shows that at least a part of each one of 3 night times and/or at least a part of each one of 3 night times were not involved.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
watcher2013,
re: "Evening and morning were the first day...
"Evening and morning were second day.."
"Evening and morning = were third day..."

I don't see where that shows that at least a part of each one of 3 night times and/or at least a part of each one of 3 night times were not involved.
What time did they put Jesus in the tomb?
What time did Jesus get out from the tomb?

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
What time did they put Jesus in the tomb?
What time did Jesus get out from the tomb?
Maybe you cannot find the time, let just make it simple..at what day did Jesus said he will rise again? Is it the third day?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,
re: "What time did they put Jesus in the tomb? What time did Jesus get out from the tomb?"

Scripture doesn't say.