Three Gods or one? Explain the Trinity.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 6, 2020
We know from the word of God HE is Holy and cannot lie as a man does.
Yes. Unbelievers jump on statements like “God can do anything” to argue that a God who can do anything can do anything at all, including evil.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Yes. Unbelievers jump on statements like “God can do anything” to argue that a God who can do anything can do anything at all, including evil.
the act of Evil has to be kept in context because man's reasoning will say God did in fact do evil. Man will say that. But God can not be judge by a man who is limited. God knows the end from the beginning. We do not.

karuna

Apr 24, 2019
It is not either/or. The Trinitarian Persons of God the Father..,God the Son..God the Holy Spirit..is ONE God. Phillip asked Jesus to show him the Father. Jesus replied.. "Phillip. I have been with you so long and still you still do not understand? Whoever sees Me sees the Father."
Fill in the blanks. Jesus is the WORD of God. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. Father is the _______ of God.

Trinity is defined as 3 persons in 1 God. According to that definition Father also must be a person in God. How does that make sense?

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
Fill in the blanks. Jesus is the WORD of God. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. Father is the WILL_______ of God.

Trinity is defined as 3 persons in 1 God. According to that definition Father also must be a person in God. How does that make sense?

karuna

Apr 24, 2019
Fill in the blanks. Jesus is the WORD of God. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. Father is the WILL of God.
Excellent!! Thank you brother for that wonderful revelation. Yes Father is the WILL of God. So to summarize it all, GOD has 3 parts.
Will, Word, and Spirit. Though I wonder weather they can be called persons!

Mar 27, 2020
But "doing evil" is not doing anything! Evil is the absence of..Good. So God's Word, "With God all things are possible."..still stands.

Jul 23, 2018
Fill in the blanks. Jesus is the WORD of God. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. Father is the _______ of God.

No
You overworked the simplicity of it to come up with a
Rabbit trail

Mar 27, 2020
Excellent!! Thank you brother for that wonderful revelation. Yes Father is the WILL of God. So to summarize it all, GOD has 3 parts.
That would only be three..titles..of God! Yet in the beginning God said.. "Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness.." (Gen.1:26) NOT..'I will make man in my image.' Jesus said what He and His Father would do for those who keep His commandments.. "WE will come to him and make OUR abode with him." (Jn 14:23) I am a son of my mother and a father of my children. I have those..titles. But would it make any sense for me to, therefore, refer to to myself as..we? There is no clearer evidence of the three Persons in the ONE God than the simply use by Jesus God of the pronoun "WE" in referring to God the Father and..God the Son and..God the Holy Spirit. The Person of Jesus Christ said, when speaking TO the Person of His Father.. "I glorified YOU on earth..now glorify ME, Father, with you with the glory I had WITH You before the word began." There is a clear distinction here expressed by Jesus between Jesus, God the Son..and God the Father than this simple pronoun "we." It proceeded from the mouth of Jesus Christ, God the Son, in John.17:3.

Jul 23, 2018
The trinity is simply taking verses at face value and stating what is there.

What is there does not have to be mentally understood.

It is ACCEPTED by faith....not rejected to suit my understanding.

Jun 6, 2020
But "doing evil" is not doing anything!
Not doing anything is the absence of action. “Doing evil” is doing something, the presence of action.

Evil is the absence of..Good.
Evil is the absence of good, but it’s more than that. Evil is an act of sin, wrong doing, immorality, etc.

So God's Word, "With God all things are possible."..still stands.
Of course it does. CS1 explained it very well.

Mar 27, 2020
That was not what I meant. My question was how can you say that Father is a person in trinity?

l
Can you show me some scriptures for that?
Sure. Here are a few - Jn.14:23 "Whoever loves Me will keep my Word, AND my Father will love him. and WE will come to him.." - John 17:3 Jesus prays, not to Himself, but to the Father, saying," Now this is eternal life, that they should know YOU.." - Jn.14:26 "I have told you this while I Am (1) with you. The Holy Spirit (2) that the Father (3) will send..HE will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you. - Mt. 3:16-17 "After Jesus (1) was baptized..He saw the Spirit of God (2) descending..AND a voice from the Heavens (3) saying, "This is my beloved Son.." They saw and heard 3 Persons..not three titles!

Mar 27, 2020
Not doing anything is the absence of action. “Doing evil” is doing something, the presence of action.

Evil is the absence of good, but it’s more than that. Evil is an act of sin, wrong doing, immorality, etc.

Of course it does. CS1 explained it very well.
God created only good. The absence of God and His Goodness is the presence of evil. When we choose evil and do not repent of it..we, not God, condemn ourselves to Hell. We choose the absence of God and His goodness. Hell IS..the absence of God.

Mar 27, 2020
The trinity is simply taking verses at face value and stating what is there.

What is there does not have to be mentally understood.

It is ACCEPTED by faith....not rejected to suit my understanding.
Right! Jesus/God referred to God the Father and God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit as "We." That word can only refer to Persons not to titles. So..we must be Bible believers. We must just believe Jesus..without substituting our feeble, human, understandings!

Mar 27, 2020
There is no where the wicked can go to escape or avoid the presence of God.
Some Theologins have taught that the presence of God forever IS Heaven. And the absence of God forever IS Hell. The souls in Hell have chosen evil and rejected God and Goodness. As miserable as they are in Hell they would far more miserable living in Heaven in the presence of Goodness..which they hate!

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
How can Jesus be God, the Spirit be God and the Father be God?
Why couldn't God just have redeemed Adam and Eve in the Garden after they sinned and broke their perfect relationship do you suppose ?

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
Fill in the blanks. Jesus is the WORD of God. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. Father is the _____ of God.

The WILL of God is over his Words and over his Spirit. In a parabolic definition, the will of God is the Father, His Words would be subject to, therefore the Son, and the Holy Character of God, his Spirit.