Three Questions for Calvinists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 10, 2023
They believe it fully. They understand it differently.
Sorry brother, you know I love and respect you, but we see things differently here. Those who say for God so loved the world means some make-believe world of only the elect, they prove themselves severely lacking the most basic understanding
Why aren't both true. Both are clearly found in scripture. John 3:16 is in the same Bible as Ephesians 1:4.
Why isn't God grand enough to choose without compromising the choices that individuals make?
And the sentiments are mutual.
God’s chooses to give us the choice.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Sorry brother, you know I love and respect you, but we see things differently here. Those who say for God so loved the world means some make-believe world of only the elect, they prove themselves severely lacking the most basic understanding

I agree. But He also chose us in Him before the foundation of the world.
Either the whole Bible is true or none of it is.

Jun 20, 2022
Poor old Calvin did not have Access to the Hebrew, in his day, and it desperately shows in his Doctrines.

There is really No Other Way to understand this but as it is written and point blank:

וּבִקַּשְׁתֶּ֥ם מִשָּׁ֛ם אֶת־יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֶ֖יךָ וּמָצָ֑אתָ כִּ֣י תִדְרְשֶׁ֔נּוּ בְּכׇל־לְבָבְךָ֖ וּבְכׇל־נַפְשֶֽׁךָ׃
But if you search there, you will find your God, if only you seek with all your heart and soul—

Rather Clear, we are to SEARCH and SEEK, then we will FIND God!

Jun 20, 2022
Just one question for Arminians.

How do you sleep at night knowing you share the core doctrine of synergism with all satanic religions?

Islam.
Mormons.
Jehovah witnesses.
Buddhism.
Hinduism.
Luciferians.
Roman Catholics.
Scientology.
Oneness Pentecostal.
New age.
Witchcraft.
Voodoo.
All of liberal “Christianity”.
Etc.

😬 not good company to be in.

I agree that is horrible !!^

Makes me wonder why you are in your own satanic religion, then, Greek Myth?

Considering your Doctrinal Points come from the Septuagint, and not the actual Hebrew itself, because Calvin admitted he did not have access to the Hebrew [No One but the Jews did in Calvin's day].

So, your Doctrine, is literally based off the MYTHICAL HELLENIZED GREEK, not God's literal WORDS at all!

Let me show you what YOURs and Calvin's Hellenized Greek Bible has as God's Holy Word:

UNICORN:
Listed 7 times:
Job 39:9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Your Doctrination, is based off, a Bible, that includes, Greek Myth!

And just to pop your false, Election Doctrine, one more time here:

There is really No Other Way to understand this but as it is written and point blank:

וּבִקַּשְׁתֶּ֥ם מִשָּׁ֛ם אֶת־יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֶ֖יךָ וּמָצָ֑אתָ כִּ֣י תִדְרְשֶׁ֔נּוּ בְּכׇל־לְבָבְךָ֖ וּבְכׇל־נַפְשֶֽׁךָ׃
But if you search there, you will find your God, if only you seek with all your heart and soul

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Poor old Calvin did not have Access to the Hebrew, in his day, and it desperately shows in his Doctrines.

But if you search there, you will find your God, if only you seek with all your heart and soul—

The problem is in the "with all the heart" part. Only those given a new heart and new spirit (those born again), will search with all the heart and soul.

[Ecc 9:3 KJV]

3 This [is] an evil among all [things] that are done under the sun, that [there is] one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness [is] in their heart while they live, and after that [they go] to the dead.

That is why no verse of scripture should taken on its own as defining true doctrine, So, no "point blank" after all.

Jun 20, 2022
The problem is in the "with all the heart" part. Only those given a new heart and new spirit (those born again), will search with all the heart and soul.

[Ecc 9:3 KJV]

3 This [is] an evil among all [things] that are done under the sun, that [there is] one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness [is] in their heart while they live, and after that [they go] to the dead.

That is why no verse of scripture should taken on its own as defining true doctrine, So, no "point blank" after all.
Who Cares what you say, this is from God!
Who are You compared to GOD?

He Commanded WE DO THIS: SEARCH and SEEK, then we will FIND God

Jun 20, 2022

Now, I absolutely believe, that we are ALL Saved here.

But, which one of you actually Followed this Instruction, given to Moses, by Yahweh, Himself?

Which one of you has Actually Searched and Seek with ALL YOUR Heart and Soul to FIND GOD?

God, says we have the ABILITY to SEARCH and SEEK Him.

Which ones here, actually did, as God Commanded?

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Who Cares what you say, this is from God!
Who are You compared to GOD?

He Commanded WE DO THIS: SEARCH and SEEK, then we will FIND Go
You don't think that verse is from God? Really? You apparently don't realize what you read and therefore you arrive
at invalid/incorrect interpretations

Jun 20, 2022
You don't think that verse is from God? Really? You apparently don't realize what you read and therefore you arrive
at invalid/incorrect interpretations
You use the Septuagint version of the Old Testament, YOU, don't even know, if your translation is correct, Which we know it's full of Greek Myth, to be questioning me at all!

You, don't even know which parts of the Old Testament are the Factual Literal Words of God, or Greek Mythical meaning from symbiotic Hellenized definitions.

Jun 20, 2022
Do you know what sits in the Temple, in the Holy of Hollies?
The Ark of the Covenant.
Which Bible did God CHOOSE for this, to be inside the Ark of the Covenant, the Temple, and more importantly, the Holy of Hollies?
TORAH [[HEBREW]]

Using any other version, is NOT, using the same version that God Chose for His Temple.

Jun 20, 2022
Do you know what sits in the Temple, in the Holy of Hollies?
The Ark of the Covenant.
Which Bible did God CHOOSE for this, to be inside the Ark of the Covenant, the Temple, and more importantly, the Holy of Hollies?
TORAH [[HEBREW]]

Using any other version, is NOT, using the same version that God Chose for His Temple.
Since, I am NOW, God's Temple, He dwells in, I also use His CHOICE, Torah/Tanakh/HEBREW Old Testament!

May 10, 2023
I agree. But He also chose us in Him before the foundation of the world.
Either the whole Bible is true or none of it is.
I believe Scripture supports that some people are indeed chosen by God for His glorious purposes, but that doesn’t negate what is overwhelming blatantly obvious throughout the entire Bible, that the opportunity for everyone else to respond to the Gospel not only exists, it is desired by God that everyone would do so.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I believe Scripture supports that some people are indeed chosen by God for His glorious purposes, but that doesn’t negate what is overwhelming blatantly obvious throughout the entire Bible, that the opportunity for everyone else to respond to the Gospel not only exists, it is desired by God that everyone would do so.
Would you make that statement about OT times where God came almost singularly to only 1 nation?

Jun 20, 2022
You use the Septuagint version of the Old Testament, YOU, don't even know, if your translation is correct, Which we know it's full of Greek Myth, to be questioning me at all!

You, don't even know which parts of the Old Testament are the Factual Literal Words of God, or Greek Mythical meaning from symbiotic Hellenized definitions.
Go ahead, roger, give me that Red X, it does not change the Fact that Your Calvin Doctrines You Follow are based off : You, don't even know which parts of the Old Testament are the Factual Literal Words of God, or Greek Mythical meaning from symbiotic Hellenized definitions

Jun 20, 2022
Would you make that statement about OT times where God came almost singularly to only 1 nation?
But we know from Yahweh, He set Angels to watch over the other Nations:

8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he divided mankind,
he fixed the borders of the peoples
according to the number of the sons of God.
9 But the Lord's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage.

Having Angels watching, is same as God, they are doing God's bidding.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
But we know from Yahweh, He set Angels to watch over the other Nations:

8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,
when he divided mankind,
he fixed the borders of the peoples
according to the number of the sons of God.
9 But the Lord's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage.

Having Angels watching, is same as God, they are doing God's bidding.
There is a whole lot there and you are partly correct, but not according to your understanding. Suffice it to say, God, by and large, did not make Himself known to other nations intimately the way He did with Israel.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Go ahead, roger, give me that Red X, it does not change the Fact that Your Calvin Doctrines You Follow are based off : You, don't even know which parts of the Old Testament are the Factual Literal Words of God, or Greek Mythical meaning from symbiotic Hellenized definitions
These verses are the foundation - no more, no less:

[Heb 10:7 KJV] 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

[Jhn 6:37-39 KJV]
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.