Yeah... but your musing is in error from the start. Rest is just looking to justify a flawed idea...
Yeah... but your musing is in error from the start. Rest is just looking to justify a flawed idea...
Why would any Christian spend time questioning the truth of God's Word? Even in a whimsical way? God's Word is Truth! If part of it is a lie, then all of it is a lie. Any person who seeks to show part of His Word is a lie is treading on dangerous ground.
Regardless of your intent, your question only serves to question His Word, and, thus, question Him.
You might wanna rethink that idea a wee bit. Ir, invest in some really good sunscreen cream.
How many does the text tell you there are? That should answer your question.Well I meant the two witnesses in Revelation, could there be three?
Is it possible that there will be three and not two?
Is it possible that there will be three and not two?
I am afraid the context of your question is unclear.
“And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.”
Zechariah 4:12, 14 KJV
“And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with him.
…While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.”
Matthew 17:2-3, 5 KJV
“These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”
Revelation 11:4 KJV
Moses and Elijah represent the law and prophets who always witness of Christ and anoint us to hear and believe the gospel
I’m assuming it’s coming from here
“This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.”
2 Corinthians 13:1 KJV
Which came from here
“At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.”
Deuteronomy 17:6 KJV
I think it was coming from that principle of either two or three witnesses establishing every doctrine
I still think there might be three.
Yes I'm familiar with these verses and why people believe there will be two but I've also read verse that indicate there would be three. So who knows?
Micah 6:
4 For I brought thee up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of servants; and I sent before thee Moses, Aaron, and Miriam.
Not exactly but that's a thought?![]()
yes there are Many witnesses of Christ probably millions over time to be sure
but the reference to the two witnesses are two witnesses spoken by God that reference is indicating. Many witnesses for sure but that is takkkng about the law and prophets which are Gods witness of Jesus Christ.
scriptirally there is the law and prophets but yes many many have witnesses of Christ we know for sure of at least twelve
“Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.”
Isaiah 43:10 KJV
“I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.”
Isaiah 43:25 KJV
“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”
John 8:24 KJV
“And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
And ye are witnesses of these things.”
Luke 24:46-48 KJV
the two witnesses are specifically the law and prophets which produce many witnesses
Lol I’m glad cause I was getting confused lolThat makes sense.
can I ask why you think there are three rather than two ?
and are you referring to this asking if there are three rather than two ?
“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.”
Revelation 11:3-4 KJV
lol I’m unclear now also as he was
Well I've read several verses that seem to indicate there would be three and I shared one that I recall off the top of my head. Micah 6:4. but yes I was relating it to the witnesses in Revelation.
I see your point thanks for clearing it up and may God bless your studies in abundance !!! There’s a thirst for Gods word in you and it’s beautiful…….to witness
Thanks but I don't like people praising or speaking highly of me not trying to dismiss your compliment either. It's just awkward for me that's all and I got the joke bit![]()
I wasn’t praising you , was saying the thirst in you for Gods word is beautiful to see
I suppose I considered "thirst for God's word" as something praiseworthy and that you meant it as that, welp shows me for being on my horse. Anywho, thanks for the clarification.