Thursday, June 23rd!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Depleted
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

Guest
John comes home!
woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
 
John slipped that into a longer sentence, while I'm getting settled in. The words both took the longest time to hear and the shortest time.

I decided to wait until I got home to cry. I couldn't. So, I grabbed a tissue from his box, and offer him one. He's just grinning and shook his head.

Tears came. Sobbed followed. But it was one of those sobs I knew was going to take a long time, so I pushed it back down, looked up at him, and he's using a tissue. Spent the rest of the time somewhere between bursting out into my happy dance and saying, "Nope!" (Nope! As in "Not going to cry.")

And here I am close to three hours later thinking I'm starving, but I want to have that sob now, but I'm starving. So, I really can't figure out what to do with myself.

I did let him know some things are about to really change for both of us:
1. No! I'm not making him meatballs next week for him to have at the nursing home. (Much easier for him to teach me -- or him to make it, we're not agreeing on which can happen yet -- next week at home.)
2. No! I am NOT ever going to ask him about his bowel movements. (A nurse stopped by to ask.)
3. No! I am NOT checking his blood pressure and taking his temperature every eight hours. (Another nurse stopped by for that.)
4. Yes! Now that his wound vac is gone, I will learn how to dress his wound. (They'll do it here when he comes home, but not on weekends.)
5. Yes! To the dentist for new teeth ASAP!

I feel like Scrooge on Christmas morning! Something-something about schoolboys, giddy, and larks. Hunger is calling, so not looking it up yet.
 
[h=1]“I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy. I am as giddy as a drunken man. A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world! Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!” --Charles Dickens[/h]
 
“I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a schoolboy. I am as giddy as a drunken man. A merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world! Hallo here! Whoop! Hallo!” --Charles Dickens
Hmm, no lark in it at all, huh? lol
 
Hmm, no lark in it at all, huh? lol

probably in one of the plethora of films?

my uncle read the story aloud every year during advent on Sunday family popcorn night.
(i know.... weird concept!)

i almost have it memorized, which is just more white noise filling up my head. :eek:

.... that quote is begging for a lark, but in London in December? dunno about migratory European birds.
or even of they have larks, and if they'd be migratory! lol

oh, Miri....... ? ;)
 
probably in one of the plethora of films?

my uncle read the story aloud every year during advent on Sunday family popcorn night.
(i know.... weird concept!)

i almost have it memorized, which is just more white noise filling up my head. :eek:

.... that quote is begging for a lark, but in London in December? dunno about migratory European birds.
or even of they have larks, and if they'd be migratory! lol

oh, Miri....... ? ;)
Wait! Does that mean happy angels only go to London in winter? lol