Time for a very serious thread. What do you like on a burger?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Absolutely.
Don't get between any body and their burger......lol

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Drumroll, please.

I am one of those extraordinarily weird people whose favorite topping on a burger is... TA DA!!!!

Cheese.

As in, American or cheddar, possibly with bacon. And I agree with you @JStates -- mushroom and swiss or Muenster are excellent. If I don't think I'll be around too many people for a while, I may even add slivers of raw onion. All perfectly stacked on a lovely brioche or ciabatta bun. Perfecto!!!

But one thing I DON'T want ruining or touching my burgers is any kind of ooey, gooey, slathery kind of SAUCE.

I DETEST a sloppy burger or sandwich. I HATE picking up a delightfully handheld meal, only to have gobs of goo or juice running down the side of my hands. BLECH!!! I don't like mayo, mustard, ketchup, "special" or secret sauce (even if it's a unique in-house creation that the restaurant is known for,) BBQ sauce, pickles, tomato, or anything that will cause my beloved stack of meat and cheese perfection to limp its way into a heap of spongy, soggy nastiness on my plate.

I have had many a waiter raise their eyebrow at me when I order, saying, "You mean, you want it DRY???" Why yes, yes I do, because I want to be able to taste the actual burger -- anything else for me messes up the flavor and texture. Now on the flipside, I've also had to down many a bad burger that would probably have been well-hidden and even pass as edible if only it were smeared with a giant concoction of other pudding-like sauces.

Now, I'm not so picky as to having to order everything specifically to my liking every time -- if we're in a hurry or it's impractical, I'll just order it as is and make do, but I'll scrape off as much gunk as possible and I won't enjoy it nearly as much.

And if my pickiness seems to be a bit off-setting, my family jokes -- and it isn't really a joke -- that I can walk into any place, no matter how supposedly fancy, and all I'll want is a burger (and fries, tater tots, or some GOOD chips -- not too greasy, not too thick, not too thin, and please, NOT BURNT!!!)

But... the sides that SHOULD and SHOULD NOT go WITH a burger? (Including beverages.)

I'll take the sloppy burger !

That's a topic for another thread. :)
Ill take the sloppy burger !

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
Funny story. Sorry about your daughter's extended vacation, hopefully she enjoyed herself while she was stuck there. My mom makes good lamb meatballs. Lamb has a unique taste. Takes a bit of getting used to, but very tasty.
She loves to hike…so she got that passion fulfilled

The meatballs sound interesting, I am going to have to try that when I do meatball subs, I will do at least one that is unmixed with ground beef…. I may like it even better.

O

Oblio

Go to Gardenia's for supper...you'll get broken leg of lamb! Careful, though...she might break your legs too! :eek:

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I believe I'd pass on a supper invitation from you...if that's alright! Lol[/QUOTE

Hmmm,I see ,butim an ECCELLENT cook.

You know what they say about men's hearts right?

O

Oblio

I don't know about women sometimes, Arrow. Perhaps there's a brat gene!