Time scale of update?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Computer but I finally found the blogs forum. I have to filter through by searching my name, and even then it doesn't show me ALL the blogs I've started. Good thing I have them all on speed dial from before.. lol

ok, this is a "duh, why didn't i figure this out sooner" for me . .

click the big ol' 'Christian Chat' symbol at the top of every page...

Capture0.JPG

then scroll to the bottom of the page.

Capture.JPG

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Are we gonna gain some forum mods with this change over? Cuz we DESPERATELY need mods in here. The trolls come out to play whenever no mods are online.. :(
Yes more moderation being put into place and also all new threads are now moderated.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I just noticed my profile picture doesn't show anymore. :( How do I get it back?

M

Miri

Ooohhhh, all this and a new avatar for Robop! lol

My expressions in order.

:eek::unsure::coffee:(y)

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
I just noticed my profile picture doesn't show anymore. :( How do I get it back?
I'm sorry importing all the data to the new system was quite a task, with some trial and error over months of time. Some things were not imported. Avatars were imported but not profile pictures and albums. However if you need to grab anything from the old site I think we can arrange that. But please wait a day or so (then send me CC mail). :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I still have my profile picture in a folder on my desktop. So there is no way to upload it?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Also, I noticed that one of the new smileys is the ROFLMAO (that's what it says when you hover on it) smiley. Can we use it without getting banned? It's this one: :ROFLMAO:

I know profanity isn't allowed, so just wanted to ask.. lol

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Also, I noticed that one of the new smileys is the ROFLMAO (that's what it says when you hover on it) smiley. Can we use it without getting banned? It's this one: :ROFLMAO:

That was put there as a trap so that we could ban people. And you took the bait!!!! :) (j/k)

Last edited:

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008

Actually thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realize! :) It's now changed to simply "ROFL".

M

Miri

I’m too young and innocent to know what ROFLMAO means...

What does it mean? :unsure:

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
First, I want to say Thanks to RoboOp and all the people who work on this site.

Second, I can't find forum posts from Thursday until this morning.
is anyone else experiencing this?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

Yes, apparently quite a few posts were lost in the change-over. Sometimes that's a good thing.. lol

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

yes like the warning we had at the top of the forums said, looks to me like all the posts from a certain period of time weren't migrated.
it sounds like we have backups of the site tho, and over the course of the next few days we may get a way to salvage some of that. i expect the mods have a lot on their plate at the moment :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I would just like to be able to go back to the old site and copy/ paste my blog links into a Wordpad document so I can have access to them when I recommend them to others to read. :)

M

Miri

Oh I have trophies, I’ve never won anything before!

And I never even moved off the couch. Lol