Time to Die?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I am really tired of this youth/body obsessed culture telling us seniors that we should just die now, that our life no longer has value. We should get it over with. Let me mention just a few things seasoned citizens contribute to your quality of life.

We save thousands of youngsters from dying on the highway every year. Our effort to slow down traffic has been amazingly successful.

We take up all the parking spaces close to the door, forcing you to walk a little further and improve your cardio fitness.

Without us flip-phones would go the way of the dinosaurs.

We keep the sweet smell of gardenia and classic Old Spice from fading from the earth.

We have preserved entire lines of automobiles. We failed with Oldsmobile, but are still in the fight for Buick.

We keep you employed. Depends, Oil of Oley, Hearing aids, plain coffee, OTC Pain meds, enemas and many others would close or lay-off thousands of young workers.

Who would baby-sit your nasty little kids but Grandparents?

You didn’t complain when you were living in our basement.

Do you realize how many classic TV shows we keep alive? Without the constant Medi-care Ads, Andy Griffith, The Brady Bunch, Columbo and Judge Judy would be gone forever.

I could go on but will stop here. Others may have more examples. Just don’t tell me it’s time to die.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Who is telling you they want you to die? That's horrible! I've always valued older folks. Y'all have wisdom and knowledge that are beneficial to all and I appreciate the stories and advice shared, too.

Love the older shows, by the way. Hogan's Heros, Golden Girls (used to watch that show with my grandma all the time), Andy Griffith. Classics are SO much better than the junk they put out now.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you've been disrespected by the younger generations. It's not right.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I am really tired of this youth/body obsessed culture telling us seniors that we should just die now, that our life no longer has value. We should get it over with. Let me mention just a few things seasoned citizens contribute to your quality of life.

We save thousands of youngsters from dying on the highway every year. Our effort to slow down traffic has been amazingly successful.

We take up all the parking spaces close to the door, forcing you to walk a little further and improve your cardio fitness.

We keep the sweet smell of gardenia and classic Old Spice from fading from the earth.

We have preserved entire lines of automobiles. We failed with Oldsmobile, but are still in the fight for Buick.

We keep you employed. Depends, Oil of Oley, Hearing aids, plain coffee, OTC Pain meds, enemas and many others would close or lay-off thousands of young workers.

Do you realize how many classic TV shows we keep alive? Without the constant Medi-care Ads, Andy Griffith, The Brady Bunch, Columbo and Judge Judy would be gone forever.

I could go on but will stop here. Others may have more examples. Just don’t tell me it’s time to die.

No....by the grace of the Lord Jesus live long! We want/need you here with us.... 😊

We need you here...Your unconditional love,your kindness,the lessons in life you told us and the stories you shared with us...you are a gift in every household a treasure in somebody's life 🎁🤗❤

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021

Colombo . My hero

Nov 26, 2012

Thank you. I now realize that Giligan’s Island was a time stamped gift from your generation. Without it I probably would have just went to school instead of pretending I was sick, to stay home and hopefully witness the long awaited rescue.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Who is telling you they want you to die? That's horrible! I've always valued older folks. Y'all have wisdom and knowledge that are beneficial to all and I appreciate the stories and advice shared, too.

Love the older shows, by the way. Hogan's Heros, Golden Girls (used to watch that show with my grandma all the time), Andy Griffith. Classics are SO much better than the junk they put out now.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you've been disrespected by the younger generations. It's not right.
It's a subtle message most of the time but it is there. There was a liberal media talking-head a couple of years ago who came right out and said life after 75 is a waste of resources. Blatant honesty is rare. There have been several TV commercials, one now running, telling us how to avoid becoming our parents; and anti-aging creams are a corporate gold mine. Lets not talk about the Corona response that deliberately killed thousands of seniors, yet but nobody really seems to care.

More important have been some posts right here on CC lamenting the fear of aging. One recently was especially graphic .

But really my message is not as much a protest as a plea to think for yourself and not let pop-culture think for you....old age is not a curse, kids.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Thank you. I now realize that Giligan’s Island was a time stamped gift from your generation. Without it I probably would have just went to school instead of pretending I was sick, to stay home and hopefully witness the long awaited rescue.
I think you got it!!!!!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
huh

who is telling you this rot..?!

The Bible says with my long life I will see salvation.

anyway, dont feel you need to justify your existence. God knows the number of hairs on your head and not even a sparrow falls without Him knowing.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Forgive them, they know not what they do.
I've noticed a lot of inter-generational disrespect in general, and it needs to stop. I hate this moniker, but I am an older "millenial", and I know we are relentlessly critical of former generations. Now, some of those criticisms are valid, and others are less valid, but that doesn't give anyone license to be vicious and cruel.

sk8boredn

Apr 2, 2015
I say the ideal life expectancy is 25. Unfortunately I'm way past that. But I keep hoping it'll end soon. I really don't get why anybody would want to live 60 years, more-or-less the 120 the Bible says we could have.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I have no idea if this is real or not. If it is real, something has gone terribly wrong somewhere. Either way I will pray for you.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I say the ideal life expectancy is 25. Unfortunately I'm way past that. But I keep hoping it'll end soon. I really don't get why anybody would want to live 60 years, more-or-less the 120 the Bible says we could have.
Why?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what, but life at 26 is way better than 25! I think...Cant remember...Ive lived way beyond...

Apr 29, 2012
I have no idea if this is real or not. If it is real, something has gone terribly wrong somewhere. Either way I will pray for you.
it is real. older folks are often considered irrelevant

T

tstumf

May you live a long life and live it to the fullest. I’m still young at 32. My grandfather turns 100 in November . He’s seen so much of this world that I never will see and I absolutely value his experience and life that he shares. He shares stories of long ago and I used to just sit listening in wonder and amazement at them when I was younger . His father immigrated to the USA at the turn of the century after the Great War . He reminds us of a time he remembers when only the wealthiest of Americans had access to farm tractors. Him and his father were contracted farm laborers in the region and went place to place plowing fields the old fashioned way with horses and plows. His dad was a shoemaker by trade turned Calvary soldier in WW1 for the Austrian/Hungarians. Re -registered for the American WW1 draft immediately after immigrating and again registered for the WW2 draft at 57 years old next to both his sons. God Bless you sir.

Sep 15, 2021

Haha thank you! This is the best post I have found all day =)

Anthony55

Mar 8, 2021
Montpelier
It all sucks. It doesn't get better. It's just years and years of misery. Whoop dee doo!
Life is what YOU make it. Quote: "In life we are thrown into the furnace of inequity. Some come out burnt and bitter, and some come out refined as gold. We are here by the grace of God. Life is a gift. God is shaping each of us. Jer: 18:2 Arise and go down to the potters house, and there I will cause you to hear my words. 3. Then I went down to the potters house, and , behold, he wrought a work on the wheel. 4. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. 6. O house of Israel, cannot I do as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potters hand so are you in my hand, O house of Israel." So if the Lord can mold the nation of Israel what make you think He cant mold you. We are all here to learn. The bible says to respect your elders. We are to love everyone. Bitterness and discontent are the tools of the enemy. Gal: The fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, gentleness, Goodness, Faith. Meekness, Temperance: Against such is no Law" Romans: 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, Why has thou made me thust? 21. Hath not the Potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honor and the another to dishonor?" So with that said I hope you understand that we are given life for reason.
Sending Blessings to you.

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
I think its horrible if any youth has said something like that to you!! I think that everyone has something valuable to share, you just need to be with people that appreciate you and people that you have good relationships with. Most of my day is spent with kids k-5th grade (I teach and I coach), but i hang out with my daughters(they're young adults) and we have a blast. I value who they are because they're loving, God-girls, hard working, funny, cool, young adults and they value me as their Mom that loves them and loves a good dance party:) We have grown so much over the past 7 years since their Dad passed away. I have no idea what I would've done without them. I have lots of friends, adults of all ages, Christian and non-believers. I care about them for the people they are. I love the great conversations I have with the women in my church in their 80's. They are superstars!! God has just blessed me with this grateful , young-feeling heart, and I love Him so much. God has blessed me with happiness at my age and thru stress and tough times. Since I don't have my parents, I'm sooooo blessed to have all the older people in my church family. They are such a valuable blessing !!!