Time to rest.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Manny21
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Manny21

Guest
Sometimes you have to take time to spend with God by yourself and rest in His presence, during prayer, reading the word(bible), praise and worship to Him and simply listening to good worship music. This goal can be accomplished in many ways and yes resting in God is a goal especially in THIS world. I really just like to sit there listening to praise and worship and reflect on things in my life that bring me uplifting thoughts, also just letting God talk to you is so beautiful and always worth the time spent, because He tells us things that help us to progress in His love towards Him, others and ourselves. To meditate on His word( which means to repeatedly speak it or think upon it ) is so strengthening because it feeds us and quenches our thirst spiritually.

Psalm 1: 1-6
1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
[SUP]2 [/SUP]But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.


[SUP]4 [/SUP]The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

[SUP]6 [/SUP]For the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.
 

Attachments

  • john 13 scratch.jpg
    john 13 scratch.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 118
That was beautiful to read...
I often do as you do, sit and listen to worship, (I also constantly sing and praise God) I wrote something recently about worship called "The key to victory over the battles you are facing" Its on this topic. (but I'll warn you what I wrote is really long!! haha)

A new thing this year God is really teaching me is to "be still" before Him to hear His voice. (cos I guess sometimes we don't listen to the Lord, we just speak we need to learn to quiet our self before Him) I'm reminded of the verse "Be still and know that I am God." He tells us to be still so many times in His word and to quiet our spirits...I know David mentions it a lot. Its really hard for me to quiet myself before the Lord cos I'm a little high strung and sometimes I busy myself, I need to learn to just sit at the feet of Jesus. (and I am learning :))

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
 
that is very nice thought to praise god, I use to do it more often and I do miss that.