To be free or not to be

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I don't want to derail other threads as I write through my understanding, knowing that all the while, lol, I am told not to lean on it...

Anyway,

according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.
1 Peter 1:2 NASB

His work!!!

For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed,
Romans 15:18 NASB

His work!!!

So yes this is true

But it is because of His Grace and love, not our efforts...

constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father,
1 Thessalonians 1:3 NASB

We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. We love, because He first loved us.
1 John 4:16‭-‬17‭, ‬19 NASB

But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, " Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord ."
1 Corinthians 1:30‭-‬31 NASB

He wants our obedience but it is only possible with the only one who filfilled the law dwelling within us.

Union with His nature brings Him Glory, not us,and with Him our hope resides. We believe because of His truth, and we obey because His truth lives inside.

It seems silly because if we really believe, He will help us overcome and to obey, and forgive us when we truly repent.

And if He comes whilst in the middle of a uunrepentant sin...

What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? " abraham believed God , and it was credited to him as righteousness ." Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: " blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven , and whose sins have been covered . " blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account ."
Romans 4:1‭-‬8 NASB

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith.
1 John 5:4 NASB

Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
1 John 5:5 NASB

He knows our hearts, and in Him we are set free... free to be ambassadors for Him and the Gospel.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8 KJV

It is ALL about Him and His adequacy that saves us and keeps us, why we even want to remain in Him!!!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
My question... if we continue to have this discussion over and over, at all costs, will that cause a reprobate mind and heart? Or... are we merely being ambassadors for the cause of God?

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:30‭-‬32 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/eph.4.30-32.KJV

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:23‭-‬24 KJV

Ok I'll give it a rest as I realize you all have bibles of your own.