To my Catholic friends who like to pray to "Mary" and other "saints"...

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

secularhermit

Banned
May 3, 2013
8,719
75
0
Respectfully I say, what I said my Catholic friends:

There´s no neeed to ask "Mary":

Joh 14:1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."


We can ask Jesus, instead:

Joh_14:14 Si algo pidiereis en mi nombre, yo lo haré.

Joh 14:14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

We have direct access to ask GOD:

Joh 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Joh 16:23 In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you.

16:24 Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.


Joh 16:26 In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf;
Joh 16:27 for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.
 
Well, I do believe that Mary needed Jesus just as anyone else needs Jesus. Jesus is the one that we should be praying to :)
 
This stems from the idea that we are unworthy so we should ask not God directly, but saints to intercede for us! So that contradicts the Scripture on other levels as well, besides that God nowhere tells us to ask people who have already left this world to intercede, and it's dangerously close to some occult practices. But the worst part is that Catholic denominations tell believers that they are unworthy constantly... drilling it into their heads especially non-verbally with traditions and ceremonies like this so many never know the joy of salvation... it makes me mad because I've been there.
 
Last edited:
Lynn68;bt14930 said:
Well, I do believe that Mary needed Jesus just as anyone else needs Jesus. Jesus is the one that we should be praying to :)

Agreed on!

The saddest thing on the RCC's teaching it is that THEY say Mary WAS a key person for Jesus to come.

In other words, if Mary wasn't real, if she hasn't been the woman she was (holy as she is now) Jesus wouldn't have been the LORD.

The RCC still rules the world and her followers! (a thing I regret) People do believe what her priests said and, additionally they believed those add-ons tagged to their Bible and THEIR INTERPRETATIONS, which many people believe more fables, as those letters "Jesus" is writing as private revelations (this are said to be typed written by a Latin American woman).

I have read several of those "private" messages: They believed those schemes and lies.

There is only ONE God and one mediator, the Lord Jesus.
 
Last edited:
SoulWeaver;bt14939 said:
This stems from the idea that we are unworthy so we should ask not God directly, but saints to intercede for us! So that contradicts the Scripture on other levels as well, besides that God nowhere tells us to ask people who have already left this world to intercede, and it's dangerously close to some occult practices. But the worst part is that Catholic denominations tell believers that they are unworthy constantly... drilling it into their heads especially non-verbally with traditions and ceremonies like this so many never know the joy of salvation... it makes me mad because I've been there.

Letś tell them!

Jesus is the way, not their IDOLATRIC priests neither their lies.
 
Lynn68;bt14930 said:
Well, I do believe that Mary needed Jesus just as anyone else needs Jesus. Jesus is the one that we should be praying to :)

And you would be correct, dear lady.
Luke 1:46
And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
 
secularhermit;bt14946 said:
Agreed on!

The saddest thing on the RCC's teaching it is that THEY say Mary WAS a key person for Jesus to come.

In other words, if Mary wasn't real, if she hasn't been the woman she was (holy as she is now) Jesus wouldn't have been the LORD.

The RCC still rules the world and her followers! (a thing I regret) People do believe what her priests said and, additionally they believed those add-ons tagged to their Bible and THEIR INTERPRETATIONS, which many people believe more fables, as those letters "Jesus" is writing as private revelations (this are said to be typed written by a Latin American woman).

I have read several of those "private" messages: They believed those schemes and lies.

There is only ONE God and one mediator, the Lord Jesus.

I do believe in God and his words, I think you are in trouble because if you read the bible you will think Jesus was bipolar! (YIKES) but the bible we are reading to day and for years I think is not real, it has been modified, that is why RC has their own book of teaching which reflect the words of God, just pick what your heart tell you it is true *that's, to be wiser*. Roman catholic might have some internal information, religious now days is like stock business, so it needs to be the leading church since it is the first to be in the world( the first to acquire the bible)
 
Last edited:
Lynn68;bt14930 said:
Well, I do believe that Mary needed Jesus just as anyone else needs Jesus. Jesus is the one that we should be praying to :)


You are right. there was a time in my life I pray rosary and almost everything I wanted I receive. Because through her and Jesus I receive the mercy of God.
 
Nemakiza;bt14964 said:
I do believe in God and his words, I think you are in trouble because if you read the bible you will think Jesus was bipolar! (YIKES) but the bible we are reading to day and for years I think is not real, it has been modified, that is why RC has their own book of teaching which reflect the words of God, just pick what your heart tell you it is true *that's, to be wiser*. Roman catholic might have some internal information, religious now days is like stock business, so it needs to be the leading church since it is the first to be in the world( the first to acquire the bible)

Hi, Nema!

I would agree there is an idolatric tendency on that of "Sola Scripture" but the 1st who have it were Jews, secondly those who converted to Jesus and I know many believers considered themselves God´s recipients (the RCC) for keeping several copies of the Bible (copies of copies).

Yes! Jews have tried to manipulate the LXX. Same way there are few alterations on those copies of copies of the Bible and, as Scripture shows on the OT and in the NT, God has spoken directly to those He likes, like Joseph in the OT and Joseph in the NT, by dreams (or visions) if "He" would insist on those "Private Revelations" the RCC "keeps" as "Internal Information" HE WOULDN´T BE HAVING A TRUE RELATIONSHIP with those who have belived in His Son, the Lord Jesus. outside the RCC (which is NOT the only church He has earthly).
 
Nemakiza;bt14965 said:
You are right. there was a time in my life I pray rosary and almost everything I wanted I receive. Because through her and Jesus I receive the mercy of God.

Just a thought! I´m not saying any of you could be like this but, many people who needed a "mom", many who actually lacked a mother in a family, felt complelled to belived in Mary. I lacked the direct attentions on my mother, because my grandmother raised me, but I never saw Mary as a key in this, when I grew up (Circa 1994).

I think God could have used any other "recipient", like Anna, for instances, who was a widow who spent years in the temple serving God, by her prayers.