To whom or to what have we given our all?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
To whom or to what have we given our all?

• “Wisdom is the main thing; get wisdom; and with *all your getting* get understanding.” (Proverbs 4.7).

If we pine for Jesus, His wisdom and boons, we need to give up everything that we are and have:

• “Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell *what you have* and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me.” (Matthew 19.21).
  • “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and *his own life also*, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me, he cannot be My disciple. So then, everyone of you who does not forsake *all his possessions*, he cannot be My disciple.” (Luke 14.26,27,33).

This feels like harsh, radical. However, once Jesus is our Bridegroom, reason: what would you feeling if your spouse thought in you during 23 hours and 59 minutes a day and would wish only one minute to think in the neighbor? Certainly you wouldn’t like this, even for a short time.

Furthermore, how can we expect that That Who is infinite can inhabit in us, unless we relinquish everything we own, so that He can be everything in our life? The more something is valuable, the more we need to disburse:

• “Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which when a man has found it, he hides it, and for the joy of it goes and sells *all that he has*, and buys that field.” (Matthew 13.44).
  • “Again, the kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls; who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold *all that he had*, and bought it.” (Matthew 13.45,46).

Recall that Abraham only conquered his blessing when he sacrificed his Isaac (Hebrews 11.17-19).

Likewise, you only will be able to inherit your blessings when you are ready to scarify your “Isaac”. Nonetheless, take care in order not to sacrifice the best of you in exchange of something vain and despicable.

Have a blessing day in Christ Jesus.