Today’s church’s misunderstandings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackpowderduelist

The fact is that you either keep the sabbath according to the law, or you are a sabbath breaker.
Or you keep the sabbath in Christ because he is the Lord of the Sabbath and is the rest that he gives.
I agree that the Sabbath is kept in Christ and he gives is rest in him, where by we rest from all our works, so that our salvation is not of works but of rest, the rest that comes by faith in Christ so that he gives us his rest.
So you keep the law, I will keep Christ.

B

Blackpowderduelist

We will disagree once again, "Graven Image" is the key, the intent to make an idol for worship

Jeremiah 50:38KJV
38 A drought is upon her waters; and they shall be dried up: for it is the land of graven images, and they are mad upon their idols.

Isaiah 44:15KJV
15 Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto.
Graven images is the key, you are not supposed to make them at all.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
The scripture below doesn't "Replace" the 10 commandments, but enforces them, putting them into two categories, God & Neighbor

If you love God you wont use his name in vain, commit idolatry, you'll keep his sabbath etc

If you love your neighbor, you wont kill him, steal from him, covet his wife or possessions, etc

The 10 commandments are alive and well, and have never been replaced

Luke 10:27-28KJV
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
Not replace but the real meaning
Do not commit adultery, the definition was if one have sex with other than wife or husband.
After Jesus, if you look woman with lust you commit adultery

Is a matter what is in your mind. It may not your action.

Only in Jesus we have real rest.

You may not physically work but your mind work.

Jesus is the real sabbath, if we have Jesus we do honor sabbath.
If we don't have Jesus though we not work on Saturday, we don't do sabbath

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Not replace but the real meaning
Do not commit adultery, the definition was if one have sex with other than wife or husband.
After Jesus, if you look woman with lust you commit adultery

Is a matter what is in your mind. It may not your action.

Only in Jesus we have real rest.

You may not physically work but your mind work.

Jesus is the real sabbath, if we have Jesus we do honor sabbath.
If we don't have Jesus though we not work on Saturday, we don't do sabbath
(Adultery) is to be married to another person while the lawful spouse lives

(Fornication) is to have sexual relations outside of marriage, whether the person is single or married

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
(Adultery) is to be married to another person while the lawful spouse lives

(Fornication) is to have sexual relations outside of marriage, whether the person is single or married
Jesus have other definition of adultery

No need to be married, look on woman with lust enough to be call adultery

Jesus focus on our mind, not only action

So do with sabbath. Real sabbath is Jesus. So if we have Jesus we not break sabbath law
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed. adultery with her already in his heart. ... 'You shall not commit adultery;'
1620190670542.png
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki
Matthew 5:27–28 - Wikipedia

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Jesus have other definition of adultery

No need to be married, look on woman with lust enough to be call adultery

Jesus focus on our mind, not only action

So do with sabbath. Real sabbath is Jesus. So if we have Jesus we not break sabbath law
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh. on a woman to lust after her hath committed. adultery with her already in his heart. ... 'You shall not commit adultery;'
View attachment 227413
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki
Matthew 5:27–28 - Wikipedia
Physical Adultery and Spiritual adultery are two different subjects

Spiritual Adultery looking in lust, to correct the issue, is a simple prayer from a repentant heart, sins forgiven

Physical Adultery, being married to another person while the spouse lives, takes divorce from the person, then prayer from a repentant heart, sins forgiven

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Physical Adultery and Spiritual adultery are two different subjects

Spiritual Adultery looking in lust, to correct the issue, is a simple prayer from a repentant heart, sins forgiven

Physical Adultery, being married to another person while the spouse lives, takes divorce from the person, then prayer from a repentant heart, sins forgiven
I heard the term spiritual adultery for a person that are Christian and and worship other god in the same time, like what happen to Israel on the Old Testament

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Graven images is the key, you are not supposed to make them at all.
Once again, it's not a graven image if no intent on worship is to follow

Examples: If a person is an artist, and created a landscape of hand made fish to go around a pond for asthetics, this isnt a Graven Image

To have a picture of your wife/husband in your home, without the intent of worship, this isnt a graven image

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
it is wrongly interpreted? You say, yet have not provided that proof. When Jesus rose from the dead the word of God did not mix words about it. it doesn't mean contextually "on one of the sabbaths "

IT was this Day of the Lord he rose not one of the sabbaths but this Specific Day. The first day of the week is the same day God made life. Genesis 1 and John 1 The sabbath was God's day of completion Jesus said it is Finished on the Cross but on the Next day early in the morning the Bible says HE rose from the dead. The death burial and resurrection did not all happen on one same day.
I do not know what proof you are talking about but whatever proof is provided I am sure you will reject it. Look up the original greek yourself that is all it needs.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
The error is you " I discovered an entirely "new way". Like we are all to be impressed with 100 books and one paper written by a ph.D.?

For over 2000 years the Gospel message carried down from the Lord Jesus, the Apostles, and Church fathers to us today, is somehow inferior to your reading of only 100 books? I have more than that in my personal library. You do know that there is an overwhelming number of Christian Ph.D.'s who hold to the very same Doctrines in orthodoxy Christianity?

If your practice has provided you another way, a "new way" that is not Built on Jesus Christ alone You have no way, you are lost.

Jesus is the only way. God has kept HIS word and His word is well preserved by God, not mans intellectual capabilities or "New ways".

it is quite regular that some people who are challenged on their beliefs rubbish learning. Surprising really as you rely on 66 books.

I have over 1,000 books in my personal library. I am widely read because I like to see every side to the argument before I draw my own conclusion.

The word of God says to study to show yourselves approved to God, (not CS1) a workman not ashamed. That is what I do and am proud of the fact. I know a lot of people are content to live on the Sunday homily and nothing else but God has given me a thirst for knowledge and his word so I have nothing to apologise for. I am the sort of person that enjoys learning and I am not going to apologise for that. I am the sort of person that listens to all sorts of views and I am not going to apologise for that. I am ther sort of person that does not rubbish people who know a lot more than me. I am the sort of person that acknowledges recognised scholars and what they teach. I am the sort of person that recognises a person who has been annointed with the gift of teaching.

In other words, I did not come down in the last shower and whether I am lost or not is not for you to decide. That is God's decision. As for me, I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed to him against that day.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I think you are mistaken about the purpose of the old covenant. It is simply leading the people to obey the Lord, and that obedience comes after they ask forgiveness of sin.

The old covenant was given to us by the Lord who loves us, and repeats what the old covenant tells us in the new covenant. The old covenant gave laws in stone, the new covenant repeats those laws in our hearts. The old covenant tells us there are blessings to be had from obedience, we are told in the new testament under the new covenant of blessings to be had in obedience. Read about the fruits of the spirit.

The old covenant told us to cut foreskin, to control diet, etc. The new covenant tells us those commands that helped people understand the law was not necessary for us any longer. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us in understanding.
I am not mikstaken about the purpose of the Old Covenant. In Bible College my lecturer for Old Testament Theology was a converted Jew. There was NOTHING that we could ask that he did not know the answer to.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
We have written record of Christians celebrating the resurrection as early as the second century. The council of Nicaea established a uniform date, being the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox.
Thanks for proving my point I agree, The Nicean Council was called for and controlled by Constantine in 325AD, Eusebius of Caesarea was his Pope

Constantine invited 1800 bishops from across his empire, all expenses for travel and room and board were paid
Only 318 showed up

Yes Constantine controlled the Council through Eusebius, the vast majority 85% of Bishops wanted nothing to do with Constantine and his State Church

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I do not know what proof you are talking about but whatever proof is provided I am sure you will reject it. Look up the original greek yourself that is all it needs.
What Greek Text?

The (Greek Received) Text Used By The KJV Translators?

The Greek Text (Novum Testamentum Graece) created by Adulterers (Kurt & Barbara Aland), throw in Homosexual Union Supporter (Carlo Maria Martini) with this text supporting the NIV, NASB, ESV, RSV, Etc?

B

Blackpowderduelist

Once again, it's not a graven image if no intent on worship is to follow

Examples: If a person is an artist, and created a landscape of hand made fish to go around a pond for asthetics, this isnt a Graven Image

To have a picture of your wife/husband in your home, without the intent of worship, this isnt a graven image
Graven means to carve or engrave.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Thanks for proving my point I agree, The Nicean Council was called for and controlled by Constantine in 325AD, Eusebius of Caesarea was his Pope

Constantine invited 1800 bishops from across his empire, all expenses for travel and room and board were paid
Only 318 showed up

Yes Constantine controlled the Council through Eusebius, the vast majority 85% of Bishops wanted nothing to do with Constantine and his State Church
Establishing a uniform date and establishing the practice are 2 different things.
Maybe english isn't your first language, and it's hard for you to understand. You seem to type it well though.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Graven means to carve or engrave.
Gods words define "Graven Image" not Google Dictionary or Merriam Webster

"He Maketh It A Graven Image"

Isaiah 44:15KJV
15 Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Establishing a uniform date and establishing the practice are 2 different things.
Maybe english isn't your first language, and it's hard for you to understand. You seem to type it well though.
Duelist, when you study church history the corruption in the Church worked through Constatine in his new State Church established

The Alexandrian Egyptian philosophical schools corrupted Constatine & Rome, Origen, Arius, Eusebius, Etc

Eusebius of Caesarea was a student of Origen the Heretic, and was a follower of Origen & Arius in their teachings that Jesus Christ was a created being, etc "Arianism"

Yes The Day Of Easter "Predates" Jesus Christ, and this being the fertility rites of the pagans, with bunnies and eggs being fertility symbols

Its Duelist that dosent understand that 85% of the Church didnt participate in the 325AD Nicean Council that was Called for by Constantine and led by Eusebius, They Opposed Both

After this 325 Nicean Council, Eusebius banished Athanasius who opposed the heretics and Arianism, with the power of Constatine to enforce his decision

The State Church Was Born, And It Persecuted The True Church, Outside Its Grips

Another Prime Example Of Non-Biblical Traditions In Practice Today Is (Infant Baptism) That Was Inherited From Roman Catholicism

The Anabaptist Were Heavily Persecuted By Rome, Because They Defied Roman Catholicism In This

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Donating land in 323 ad does not equal being responsible for a city built in 1615. That's as absurd as saying that Alfred the Great is responsible for the humanitarian crisis on the American mexican border.
The Absurd thing is, being ignorant of factual truth, Constantine built the original St. Peter's Basilica, And Also Built The "Lateran patriarchate" where the Popes have resided

Constantine is the foundation and father of Roman Catholicism the State Church, a (Fact)

In Love

Wikipedia: St. Peter's Basilica
Old St. Peter's Basilica was the 4th-century church begun by the Emperor Constantine the Great between 319 and 333 AD.[26] It was of typical basilical form, a wide nave and two aisles on each side and an apsidal end, with the addition of a transept or bema, giving the building the shape of a tau cross. It was over 103.6 metres (340 ft) long, and the entrance was preceded by a large colonnaded atrium. This church had been built over the small shrine believed to mark the burial place of St. Peter, though the tomb was "smashed" in 846 AD.[27] It contained a very large number of burials and memorials, including those of most of the popes from St. Peter to the 15th century. Like all of the earliest churches in Rome, both this church and its successor had the entrance to the east and the apse at the west end of the building.[28] Since the construction of the current basilica, the name Old St. Peter's Basilica has been used for its predecessor to distinguish the two buildings.

Wikipedia: Lateran Palace
The Domus Laterani came into the possession of the emperor when Constantine I married his second wife Fausta, sister of Maxentius. Around 312, Constantine had razed the imperial horse-guards barracks adjoining the palace, which was known as Domus Faustae or "House of Fausta" by this time; the equites singulares Augusti had supported Maxentius against Constantine. He commissioned the construction of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano on the site.[2] The Domus was eventually given to the Bishop of Rome by Constantine.

As Byzantium grew less able to help prevent Lombard incursions, the papacy became more independent of the Empire. Prior to the early eighth century, the residence of the bishops of Rome was not called a palace, but rather the "Lateran patriarchate".[3] The incentive to refurbish the Lateran patriarchate as a true palace was to create an imperial residence from which the pope could exercise not only spiritual but also temporal authority.

CS1

May 23, 2012
BIBLE Proof. Contextually. using a Greek translation in which a word has many meanings yet the context that best fits with the "word " should be used.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
BIBLE Proof. Contextually. using a Greek translation in which a word has many meanings yet the context that best fits with the "word " should be used.
You mean using a Greek Translation Not Created By Corrupt Trees Seen Below :)

The Greek Text (Novum Testamentum Graece) created by Adulterers (Kurt & Barbara Aland), throw in Homosexual Union Supporter (Carlo Maria Martini) with this text supporting the NIV, NASB, ESV, RSV, Etc?