Today I experienced Duende

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 16, 2020
I sat down today to reflect, and immerse myself in God's word. I had no distractions, no outside forces. This was my time, and today I experienced Duende.

YouTube lectures have become a norm for me recently, and I happened across this short video today (I'll leave it at the end).

I watched it till the end of the chapter, and tried to absorb it entirely. At some point, I felt a connection to God, a true connection.
I felt His arms around me, and I knew that he was there... that he had been there all this time.
I've watched it again, and I find something quite pure about it, something that transcends this world and allows me to connect to something Divine.

Naturally, I wish that I could share the peace and harmony that I felt with everybody, but all that I can do is be a guide and pass on my experiences.

My question to you is... how do you feel watching this? I'm sure that all of you have experienced what I'm talking about at some point, whether it be in meditation, listening to music, playing an instrument or just being present in the moment.

I experienced Duende today, what about you?

L

Locoponydirtman

Duene, noun, plural duen·des [dwen-des; English doo-en-deyz] for 1. Spanish.
a goblin; demon; spirit.

charm; magnetism

Dec 12, 2013
Going by the definition of the word.....I suggest Imodium......................or maybe Zoloft........... HAHAH jokes

Jan 16, 2020
Duene, noun, plural duen·des [dwen-des; English doo-en-deyz] for 1. Spanish.
a goblin; demon; spirit.

charm; magnetism
I never knew that the word also had that connotation... the definition I grew up with was that Duende "comes from inside as a physical/emotional response to art. It is what gives you chills, makes you smile or cry"

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I never knew that the word also had that connotation... the definition I grew up with was that Duende "comes from inside as a physical/emotional response to art. It is what gives you chills, makes you smile or cry"
Interesting. That definition in part appears on the gallery site of Jacob Berghoef.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
I have experienced that twice. Once when I was meditating and once after reading some of Proverbs. It’s quite humbling.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
SO, this is the Thread where the Master Herbalists congregate..........