Today's Thoughts - Battlefield

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aephus

Member
Jun 14, 2016
199
147
43
Ah, I posted this in the Miscellaneous forum, but after posting, I feel my blog would be more appropriate.

What is it to live authentically? What is it to live as Christ?
Many things seem unprofitable, many of the activities I've done.
My life is no longer my own; I belong to Christ.
To count the cost, to forsake the things that don't matter for the things that truly matter, to live by the Holy Spirit.

But still, I am missing something. I find myself returning to the things that don't truly matter. The things I should set down.
I find it difficult to lay it all down in surrender. Sure, it is a journey, a race, and takes time, but sometimes I just wanna be there. Where the struggle is no more. Where the war between flesh and spirit has ceased.

It saddens me that my heart is so prone to wander, that I am so easily swayed back into things that I should not partake of. Yes, God has delivered me from much, and some I have no desire to return to whatsoever, but yet there are still things my flesh and heart still desires that are contrary to what God would have me pursue.

True riches, true fullness is found in a close relationship with God. Freedom is found within the boundaries set by our Creator. He is our joy, and in Him is everything we need.

I thank God that He is faithful to complete the work He has begun within me, that He is my sympathetic High Priest, that He sees all and knows all - past, present, and future. I would have given up on myself by now. My lack of passion and consistency would have made me walk out a long time ago.

But alas, seasons change.

There is a deep intimacy God desires to have with each and every one of us - I truly feel it. May we come to know it, dwell in it, and experience Him in miraculous ways. May God use our testimonies to draw others to Him.



I dunno, this is just where my heart is at this very moment.