TONGUES is a precious gift from God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
We have victory

We win every time.
That is exactly how David met Goliath.
We never EVER lose.
Never!!!!

Healing is not always passive ( healed because we either pray or recieve it via our covenant.

Jesus taught PROACTIVE.
The authority of the believer.
Faith.
Sometimes it is our faith. Sometimes the faith of another believer.

We, like David, can not lose.
We take what is ours.

Sometimes we stand on deliverance. Sometimes it is healing.

But we GO AFTER the intruder.
We rout him and evict him.

Deliverance is guaranteed.
EVERY TIME.

S

SophieT

You cant compare the events in Acts with the church. All these Events happend without that there was a church.
And it is interesting that this "important" issue ( speaking in tongues as visible sign that someone has received the baptism in the Holy Spirit) nowhere is taught in the church. But all for the believers in the past and in the future important issues were taught to the believers in the letters we find in the bible.
yeah actually we can compare it because it was the start of what we call the church

we could learn something from it also

PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!! the Holy Spirit was sent by God not so that little men can make statements to attempt to destroy that work (not gonna happen) . so why then was the Holy Spirit sent? so that everyone everywhere can speak in tongues?

NO!!!!!!

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere — in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

but what do you do?

you BADMOUTH the Holy Spirit and tell people not to believe and you are in Germany so you spread that news from there to a different continent

my

interesting comparison between what Jesus said to do and the fact we NEED the Holy Spirit and what you actually do

your negative influence and constant griping are the opposite of the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. the Holy Spirit leads us into truth but constantly lie and say He is done and basically can pack up and go back home

the fact that you (and several others here) are determined to prove the Holy Spirit a liar and men truthtellers, is alarming and significant. I question what spirit you operate out of

Jul 23, 2018
Imagine a barn that has a certain kind of rats in there that have run the horses and cows out.
No vat or dogs will go in there.

It is hopeless.

Somebody tells the owner "call mr Simmons".

Who is he?
He has these dogs that work everytime. They always clean them out.
He shows up with about 8 dogs on leashes that he can barely control.
He says open the barn doors and stand back.

The slaughter is total and decisive.

He has the only remedy.

But go another route and suffer.

That is us.
We don't know the keys to the kingdom are protocol.
So we only win a few battles.

God already obtained our healing.

Anything else entering our body is an intruder.
Kick it out.
Make it go.
Make it.

The greatest revelation concerning healing is " hey wait a minute, i don't have to put up with this"
If that ever gets into your spirit, you will never see healing the same.

Game changer

S

SophieT

Dec 21, 2020
Deliverance is guaranteed.
EVERY TIME.
I guess Stephen didn't get that memo. He was stoned to death.
Wasn't Paul beheaded?
They say almost all the apostles were martyred.
Timothy was told to drink a little wine for his "oft infirmities".
Paul left Trophimus at Miletum sick.

Bad things happen, even to strong believers. We live in a fallen world run by the devil.

Deliverance is guaranteed. In the future.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I can stand with you.

Jesus said " i give you the keys to the kingdom."
Then he imparted " whatsoever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven...whatsoever you lose on earth will be losed in heaven"
Then he imparted
" if two on earth shall agree as touching anything , it shall be done"

Wow
Let the wind of that fill your sails and take you a million miles!!!!

I agree with blain for his miracle.
I prophesy it over him.
All provision for him.
Every need met.
Spirit soul and body. Totally healed
Totally delivered.
100% whole and freed from all that does not belong.
I declare his destiny before the throne. Healed, free and whole.

I evict every intruder in Jesus name

Get off him and get out in Jesus mame.
We WILL NOT have it or put up with it.

MOUNTAIN, YOU SAY " I AM NOT MOVING"
NO SIR, YOU ARE MOVING.
YOU WILL MOVE RIGHT NOW.
NO LONGER WILL YOU HARASS OF OPPRESS.
YOU WILL MOVE RIGHT NOW.

Blain.
Do not ask for what is yours.
Do like David and take your authority.
MAKE IT MOVE!!!!
MAKE IT.!!!!
GET TENACIOUS AND RADICAL!!!
USE YOUR AUTHORITY!!!!
MAT 18;18,19

YOU make it happen

Demand it.
Last night was soaking in his waters not physically but in spirit, his waters are filled with life and his spirit overwhelmingly so. as I laid in bed last night myy body was not actually in the water but it felt like it was, my body relaxed deeply it felt cool and calm as my body in spirit soaked in his waters, I saw that my body has many burns but the waters felt good and soothing to it my body glowed with life and all that was wrong with me in this flesh was done awaay with I took a sip of the water and it was better than anything I had ever tasted here. in fact it was good that this was only in spirit because had I tasted it it for real i would not crave anything here again.

I felt the water going down my thraot filling my body soul. I never know why he sometimes allows me to see things like this but I am always grateful.

S

SophieT

Speaking in Tongues can be traced back from the Apostles till now. There's written Documentation from the time of the Apostles till now. Clearly, John Wesley, from England/U.K. in the 1700's Documents speaking in Tongues. That was less than 150 years before the 1900's. You just choose to ignore the facts.
correct

he does this in every thread, does not have to be about tongues

S

SophieT

Yes I have not had a good day and I keep praying for my eyes to be healed I keep giving him my faith I have even told him he can have everything I have if I could just have this one miracle just show me one time that your promises are true.
Paul prayed 3 times for his own 'healing'....some say it was his eyes and others say he was buffeted by a demonic spirit

God told him no and said His grace was sufficient

just mentioning this to say sometimes we are not healed, in spite of the fact some believe if we are not healed we do not have enough faith

not saying God cannot or will not heal you, but not everyone is healed and I know some believe that is not true

Dec 29, 2021
I have come across that site before and looked through it as well. I believe that the reason the flags are there is because the author is seeking to distance himself from the so called charismatic chaos. The site in that part is trying to authenticate the baptism and gifts of the Holy Spirit - specifically the gift of tongues - and to do that he needs to signal a separation between false tongues and true tongues. I am not sure he has done that very well - but at least I can see that he has made an attempt that follows a direction broadly held up by concerns that have been expressed in recent years to events in the churches that have been stated to be a false spirit and is usually expressed as a so called Kundalini spirit.

If you want to explore that in more detail outside of the madness of bad research that so often accompanies these claims - then I would encourage you to study the Welsh Revival of 1904/5 associated with Evan Roberts. He fell into a very real distress towards the end of that revival and it was a Mrs Jesse Penn-Lewis who explained to him what was happening in the midst of what was otherwise a singular and effectual work of God at the time. Evan never went back into public ministry again and Mrs Penn-Lewis took Evan into her home in Leicestershire to aid his spiritual and physical recovery. Whilst there they penned War on the Saints together. That book is a far batter source of insight into why there is so much ill effect through false spirits in the churches today than anything else you will read. You need to get the unabridged version because believers are often more determined to prove God by removing the faults of men in favour of the gifts of God by refusing to be truthful when they experience truly appalling spirits in the midst of His people. So there are abridged versions that remove all the real insights and the real reason the book was written.

This link will give you a copy of the original 1912 edition or you can buy a copy online in a simpler format.

https://archive.org/details/WarOnTheSaints-ATextBookForBelieversOnTheWorkOfDeceivingSpirits_697

Another approach is to drawn on academic sources to address specific elements of the issue.

For example the posts you have made include a reference to the French Prophets. This PhD paper (link below) will give you a far more valuable source to understand the issue of speaking in tongues in context of the chaos that we have seen in recent years in charismatic and pentecostal circles. Of course academic papers need to be held at arms length when it comes to expressly inferring what the character of true and false mean when speaking about the gifts of God and by inference false spirits when speaking about false gifts.

https://ueaeprints.uea.ac.uk/id/eprint/10593/1/Thesis_laborie_l_2010.pdf

I hope that helps in your studies.

Rhomphaeam
Theoretically, the List is supposed to consist that Tongues was in discussion and in action throughout history since the Apostles. The list consists of those who confirm, opposed, and witnessed it in others. It's about Speaking in Tongues, so it equally includes everyone for and against. Kind of nice having a list where it is not completely biased towards one specific way.

Pertaining to kundalini, that is recent and also recent within past 25 years as the world being completely aware. So, attaching that to this list is personal interjection and nothing more.

S

SophieT

I do not think we understand all about tongues but we can see the results of praying in tongues. it is indeed a gift from God to us

I could list example after example wherein praying in tongues revealed something to me or helped me

God is good!!!!

Dec 29, 2021
I do not think we understand all about tongues but we can see the results of praying in tongues. it is indeed a gift from God to us

I could list example after example wherein praying in tongues revealed something to me or helped me

God is good!!!!
I agree with You 100%

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
so aidan gave this link a like

but did you read the book aidan?

I doubt it. if you have not read the book then you are simply once again berating the gift of tongues

no worries though. I would suggest that God does not intervene in a person's life as He did with Saul so you can stay in your zone
When I read a book I take away only the useful information. Like Eph 4, I see all the gifts as still here. I emphasize the higher more serving others gifts. All the gifts, I prove to look for genuine.

For example, Paul clearly taught that only one person is to be speaking in tongues or prophecy at a time taking turns to avoid confusion or chaos.

What is wrong with that? I have requested the book from the library for rereading since, I do not remember much about it.

I asked about books, dvds, cds to look for beneficial items to check out. I tend to stick to academic, esp thesis's that can be downloaded as pdf files. So, everyone include them in your answers. There was a book published by a group in Chicago, Jesus People USA that had a lot of quotes out of context.

This is an example of what I would read.
https://scholarworks.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5452&context=etd
https://libres.uncg.edu/ir/wcu/f/2002LedfordDavidLee.pdf
https://zcf.org/files/the-power-of-praying-in-tongues.pdf

Looks like Jesus People is just another Moody Bible Instute https://covbooks.com/search?q=tongues

Dec 29, 2021
When I read a book I take away only the useful information. Like Eph 4, I see all the gifts as still here. I emphasize the higher more serving others gifts. All the gifts, I prove to look for genuine.

For example, Paul clearly taught that only one person is to be speaking in tongues or prophecy at a time taking turns to avoid confusion or chaos.

What is wrong with that? I have requested the book from the library for rereading since, I do not remember much about it.

I asked about books, dvds, cds to look for beneficial items to check out. I tend to stick to academic, esp thesis's that can be downloaded as pdf files. So, everyone include them in your answers. There was a book published by a group in Chicago, Jesus People USA that had a lot of quotes out of context.

This is an example of what I would read.
https://scholarworks.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5452&context=etd
https://libres.uncg.edu/ir/wcu/f/2002LedfordDavidLee.pdf
https://zcf.org/files/the-power-of-praying-in-tongues.pdf

Looks like Jesus People is just another Moody Bible Instute https://covbooks.com/search?q=tongues
There is a difference when Tongues and Interpretation happen compared to praying and worshiping in Tongues. Thankfully, Paul clarifies the differences.

G

Godsgirl83

We've had a situation in our household this past week that has left me, well........
unable at times to pray with my own words.
Crying out "God! I want to pray about this! I NEED TO pray about this! But I don't know how :cry:
And then there's a feeling down deep, near my stomach/gut (only it feels like it's inside even deeper)..........
Now, if you've ever poured a can of soda to quickly and have seen how it rises up and bubbles over - (as I was doing before typing this) I can liken it to that.
Now, as I read through these threads about the gifts of tongues, and all the scriptures referring to Paul, my mind keeps going back to Psalm 81:10..........
I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

Now, I can not tell you for how long or short a period of time this went on, some times longer than others. But every time I reached that place of "I don't know what to pray" Holy Spirit took over (as I yielded to Him) and I was comforted (He is after all the Comforter).

Now, there was a time in my life when I would feel those "bubbles" start to rise, and would (in my ignorance) push them back down, and not let it come up and out :( ....... I always walked away feeling defeated. SO i would encourage you beloved brothers and sister, when you feel a little stirring, open your mouth and let it come forth. (and don't listen to any negative thoughts that might pop into your head while doing so!)

It truly is precious!!!

Dec 29, 2021
We've had a situation in our household this past week that has left me, well........
unable at times to pray with my own words.
Crying out "God! I want to pray about this! I NEED TO pray about this! But I don't know how :cry:
And then there's a feeling down deep, near my stomach/gut (only it feels like it's inside even deeper)..........
Now, if you've ever poured a can of soda to quickly and have seen how it rises up and bubbles over - (as I was doing before typing this) I can liken it to that.
Now, as I read through these threads about the gifts of tongues, and all the scriptures referring to Paul, my mind keeps going back to Psalm 81:10..........
I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

Now, I can not tell you for how long or short a period of time this went on, some times longer than others. But every time I reached that place of "I don't know what to pray" Holy Spirit took over (as I yielded to Him) and I was comforted (He is after all the Comforter).

Now, there was a time in my life when I would feel those "bubbles" start to rise, and would (in my ignorance) push them back down, and not let it come up and out :( ....... I always walked away feeling defeated. SO i would encourage you beloved brothers and sister, when you feel a little stirring, open your mouth and let it come forth. (and don't listen to any negative thoughts that might pop into your head while doing so!)

It truly is precious!!!
Praise God!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Paul prayed 3 times for his own 'healing'....some say it was his eyes and others say he was buffeted by a demonic spirit

God told him no and said His grace was sufficient

just mentioning this to say sometimes we are not healed, in spite of the fact some believe if we are not healed we do not have enough faith

not saying God cannot or will not heal you, but not everyone is healed and I know some believe that is not true
Yes this is true it could be that I am never healed but even so if there is even a chance I will still put my faith in him. some pray for years for a miracles though I doubt I could do that I don't have the endurance for that and would likely just accept the answer is no.

But on the off chance I am healed it would shock and amaze my family