TONGUES is a precious gift from God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
"And history repeats itself. Let the Pentecostal people beware! The present world-wide revival was rocked in the cradle of little Wales, it was ‘brought up’ in India, following; becoming full grown in Los Angeles later. I received from God early in 1905 the following keynote to revival: “The depth of revival will be determined exactly by the depth of the spirit of repentance.” And this will obtain for all people, at all times." Extracts from Frank Bartelman

https://www.ccel.org/ccel/bartleman/los/formats/los.pdf page 21

So whilst so called little Wales speaks of the revival in the recognition of the ministry of Evan Roberts - what does the being brought up in India mean? And how is it that the church has come to the place it is in now in many places?

We’ve been given sooooo many gifts from God our Father in Heaven….speaking in tongues is just one of MANY! :love:

It is our Father’s Will that sinners be saved and sealed, baptized and filled with His Holy Spirit and filled with the knowledge of His Word!

Tongues is NOT false but, there is a counterfeit….you’ll know the difference….No Fear! :love:(y)
Beautifully shared. I totally agree that we have been given many gifts from our Heavenly Father and we must recognize them.

I'm just sharing my testimony of what Jesus did for me.
"That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." - 1 Corinthians 2:5 KJV
"11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."
- Revelation 12:11 KJV
May the Lord be with you and continue to favour you.

CS1

May 23, 2012
The last 300 years pre Second World War of missionary work around the world by men and women - the majority of whom were believers who didn't believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit - puts that to bed. They nevertheless established the Gospel across vast regions of the world. There were no two events for them. That is what you are trying to establish. Two events. Living waters not empowered babble.
FYI 300 years ago majority doesn't Trump the Word of Jesus Acts 1:8 is authoritative not your opinion of the last 300 years. I find it funny you say Baptism in the Holy Spirit because Jesus said You shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come UPON you to be my witnesses. YOu mock and scoff the gifts of the Holy Spirit, be my guest.

S

SophieT

The sister you name implies that I am speaking about her - which thing is not precisely what I am doing or have done in this thread. It is a reality that does not have anything to do with how delightful a sister is - neither whether she is filled with the Holy Ghost - and neither does the Jezebelic effect have to do with a single woman - it had to do with an entire prophetic priesthood to Baal. Elijah is in that meaning and seeing as he spoke to a King and never spoke to a Queen - perhaps you ought to exercise some discernment yourself brother and understand who is being spoken to now.
and yet you sure gave her what for when you disagreed with her response to a person who thought he had to 'be good enough' to pray in tongues as follows: you are saying she has a false spirit of prophecy....may God judge whether that is so or not...but you have the nerve of a tribe of monkeys to accuse me of saying to a person well known for his objections to tongues, that I accused him of an evil spirit...when I actually questioned what spirit would do what he does. and kept it up through several pages of this thread

here are your comments to the op:

Rhomphaeam, post: 4743549, member: 312693"]There is a time for everything - including many things that we would not wish to pass through.

You are simply pressing into a false spirit. You are trying to speak realities into a man's life - may the Lord tear down your words.

Answer a question in a living truth - don't make declarative proclamations of the time of things being at hand as a mechanism to refuse what is said to you in the name of Christ.

You can refuse what one man speaks to another man - you can turn away from the things said of your meanings when men foolishly seek to hold you up - but you cannot remove yourself from the reality of seeking to speak blessings into others lives - unless the Lord has sent you to speak.

It is a simple thing to test the spirits - by testing their words. It is the Lord who is going to tear down that false prophetic spirit that parades like a man - speaks like a man and desires to direct the children of God as a shepherd of their souls - yet speaks falsely. /

you have posted false accusation against me as well, stemming from my statement that I am not nor would I want or seek to be Calvinist, as are you, and you continue slamming other members here all the while touting what you believe is your big news God is going to judge the church...we all know this; it is not news

and here you say:
What I see in this thread is nothing more than refusing that reality of a Jezebelic effect predicated on the very same meaning that existed in Israel during the time of Ahab.
really? you remind me of that girl in Penn-Lewis' book that pointed out everyone's sins and yet she spoke with a false spirit. a prophet that gives no hope is no prophet at all...read the OT prophets for reference on that. a prophet who seemingly cannot wait for judgement, is not speaking for God. oh what? you didn't call yourself a prophet but let's be truthful. you do think you speak for God so that makes you thinking you are prophet.

The sister you name implies that I am speaking about her - which thing is not precisely what I am doing or have done in this thread. It is a reality that does not have anything to do with how delightful a sister is - neither whether she is filled with the Holy Ghost - and neither does the Jezebelic effect have to do with a single woman - it had to do with an entire prophetic priesthood to Baal. Elijah is in that meaning and seeing as he spoke to a King and never spoke to a Queen - perhaps you ought to exercise some discernment yourself brother and understand who is being spoken to now.
explain it away...I wonder why another poster would even think you are speaking about her? probably because of the way you have already spoken about her. as posted above.

the Jezebel spirit is alive and well for sure. and there are plenty of men who proceed with it intact as well.

you take offense easily and attempt to back out of what you say by explaining what you say in words that are different from your original post

you are hurting people who do not even know what the hee haw you are talking about

we are not all ignorant as you would have us though. now don't forget to tell me to make myself clear...anymore clear and I would get a warning from the mods. I think I am pretty well known for being exactly that. CLEAR. you are manipulative

and I don't think I have a wheel barrow big enough to contain whatever dirt you come up with next in response...if you do

S

SophieT

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
the Pentecost I have experienced came through the promise of Jesus to His disciples.

and why are you so intent on claiming credit from your little corner of the world?

I have a grandfather from Wales, passed away now....I never met him though so I suppose my own little Pentecost had nothing to do with Wales...or Azusa street either
I realise that it may come as a shock to you - but there are 2.3 billion people in the Common Wealth and 340 million in the USA. Try and climb down slowly - lest you fall.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
Yes you speak directly to God. The demons don't know what you asking God when speaking tongues
I believe that you are correct about the demons. I hadn't thought of it that way before - but I can see that would be a definite reality. Singing in tongues is a most extraordinary reality also. I was once in an Evangelistic meeting with likely 30 plus evangelists and one morning after several hours of praying for the preaching time in the city one brother or it may have been a sister (I cannot tell you in truth) began to sing in the Spirit - then another joined in and then another and I joined about fourth of fifth - but within a few minutes the singing was like nothing I had heard before in my entire life. I remember thinking that it was as if song had become the very vehicle of eternal life. Quite remarkable. I believe that every single person sang in that moment and it lasted for about 10 minutes. That must also be outwith the mind of demonic hosts. It made for an exception time of Evangelism that morning.

Dec 29, 2021
I received from God early in 1905 the following keynote to revival: “The depth of revival will be determined exactly by the depth of the spirit of repentance.” And this will obtain for all people, at all times." Extracts from Frank Bartelman

I absolutely believe that once you have given your life to God, when He offers His Kingdom and Lordship to you, that you are saved and secure in God. I also believe, that we can turn our backs on God, and even though He never leaves nor forsakes us, we can separate ourselves from God on our end. And I believe there have been Doctrines that have created idealism where one feels they can have unrepented sin and still be safe and secure in God. I believe we have not seen Revival because of those unrepented sins. Too many Doctrines are based upon Legalism. It's no different than a Defense Attorney taking a Definition of a Crime and twisting it to the point it's presented where the Definition has flaws. That is the basis of many Doctrines today. And there needs to be a true Act of Repentance to take place before we see the Revival that God wants to Bless us with.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Not many believe in the TRUE power of God anymore.

You have some who want to take from the scriptures and limit the full power from working in each individual and in the body of Christ. They simply misunderstand or have no faith in the full Word of God.

Then you have others who do not want to live holy and, in a way, to receive the gifts of God. They speak great swelling words, but their heart is not in it and far from God. They put on a show to get some gain from people.... money, fame, etc. The truth is the genuine Spirit of God will not move on or work through those type of people ....The enemy uses these folks to bring a reproach and confusion.

So, to conclude the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are still in effect and operational.... but in order to receive them you have to ask for them in faith and out of a good conscious toward God.

Anything other is counterfeit or nonexistent and from the devil.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Tongues is NOT false but, there is a counterfeit….you’ll know the difference….No Fear!
How can there be a false when everyone has the true?

For example, you will probably say you have the true, or know people who have the true. Then you'll point to others who are false. But the thing is, if you go to the very ones you say are false, they'll say no, we're true, the others are false!

So you see, you'll never find anyone who has the false gift.

S

SophieT

What have I to do with you?
I know you prefer to stay hidden, but I thought the good folks here would like to know the real you telling us you think certain people here have demons because something told you so

that's also a pretty un-Christian to say to another believer...but you seem to think you operate here as you wish

I realise that it may come as a shock to you - but there are 2.3 billion people in the Common Wealth and 340 million in the USA. Try and climb down slowly - lest you fall.
you are neither in control of whether or not I fall nor in charge of falling for anyone

much as you think you are, you are not

you are a man behind a computer screen trying to pretend he is something special

you may be, but not the kind of special of particular interest to those who do not care for the kind of control you try to exercise over others

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
I know you prefer to stay hidden, but I thought the good folks here would like to know the real you telling us you think certain people here have demons because something told you so
I am not hidden. My name is Robert Chisholm and my profile picture is of myself. That's not hidden is it? Like I said - what have I to do with you?

you are neither in control of whether or not I fall nor in charge of falling for anyone
One would have to assume that telling another to climb down from a great height carefully is an admonition to them controlling themselves. It can scarcely be a means to control them can it? Are you quite certain your grandfather was a Welshman. Bless and all - but he clearly didn't pass on his superior genes - and the Brythonic art of oratory.

And what is it with you telling me and the forum that I have a kind of control which I try to exercise over others? You inferred that once before and then told me I was exaggerating when I said it. Well at least folks can pray for you now to be removed from this especial effect despite that you say that you refuse it. I refuse many things sister - but some things I refuse more zealously than others and this is an instance of it. So I say again - what have I to do with you?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016

For example, you will probably say you have the true, or know people who have the true. Then you'll point to others who are false. But the thing is, if you go to the very ones you say are false, they'll say no, we're true, the others are false!

Not true, the Holy Spirit confirms truth , we lean not on our own understanding.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016

Search the scriptures, stay in the Word of God, have faith, and walk in the Spirit.

And believe me you'll know.