T
tarzan
Guest
I speak specifically regarding this website, ChristianChat.com
For the record, I like this website.
Christian Chat has revealed to me that the church has been infiltrated beyond belief with so many that carry false understanding with them.
I see a lot of teachers and very few that should be teaching. It's a game of "Name That Speck, Guess Which Eye!"
But if any Christians hang out in the Bible Discussion Forum, and if any newcomers find their way to that forum, which should be the most enlightening forum, they will quickly come out feeling dark.
I refer to the lack of love, the same old arguments for the same old topics, and the great length of some of the threads that have been around for a while, and the same faces and names which continually either attack each other or throw stumbling blocks in each others' faces, not allowing people to continue in the salvation in which they began, but instead attempting to convict everyone else of their own conscience, whose root is in guilt and shame and inadequacy, instead of in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Yes, we made mistakes. Yes, we continue to make mistakes. We don't like it. But we have the Lord. We cannot add to the Lord.
A few different sects of people just now immediately thought, "Oh, no, he's speaking against what I believe right there, I can tell!"
That means what you believe is actually a lie. Recognize that you became offended by, "We cannot add to the Lord." And yet, you cannot deny that the statement is true, stand alone. It does not require any "but"s or "if"s or "and"s.
If you were offended by that statement, you must stop teaching now. You are killing souls, not saving them. Stop worrying about everyone else's sin and start considering your own.
When my kids are horsing around, sometimes the older, Link, will say, "Daddy! Dylan is ripping the blankets off the bed!" Guess who gets in trouble?
If you guessed Link, you're right.
"Link, how many times have I told you to stop being a tattle tale? Was Dylan hurting himself or others?"
Link will say, "No..."
Then I will say, "Then why are you telling on him?"
Do I like Dylan ripping the blankets off the bed? Not particularly. But is this something that I'm actually going to care about? No.
Now when Link says, "Daddy! Dylan is about to jump off of the top of the bed!" Then I run in quickly and get that one without any sense of self-preservation down. And then I say, "What are you thinking?!"
Now sometimes I will send Link to go tell Dylan something. Or if Dylan is doing something that isn't good, but it's not a big danger, then Link sometimes will try to say, "Dylan, that's not good. Don't do that." But it's not a big deal.
I know what is pointless and what is burdensome and what is necessary.
So I also know that God is not interested in His children running around and pointing the finger at each other like mindless actors. He also is not interested in the brothers and sisters constantly telling on each other and bossing each other around when no one is really doing anything wrong. But if a brother or sister is ACTUALLY in danger, then that brother or sister should speak up immediately, and also begin to pray to the Father.
This is very simple to me. I find a lot of the children of God think they are the angels of God. But until that day of the change, wherein we are transformed from our adolescent bodies of death, which are rebellious, into the adult quickened spirit, which is in love, we are the children of God and not yet sitting on His throne with Him as He promised.
Now that does not mean that we should not have judgment. For we will be judging angels indeed. But we are not YET judging angels. We are for now judging the small matters.
But have you not noticed that here, particularly at these forums, and actually abroad in Christianity, that Satan has deceived you considerably? For you constantly fight and struggle over the same exact matters over, and over, and over, and over. And you never stop. And in the mean time, there is some soul nearby or that you missed while you were glued to the debate that needed you.
And then if you were to be a witness to the salvation of another, then you would have something real to talk about instead of constantly being interested in so much drama.
And then I see a constant stream of false doctrines being planted over and over and over in a thread, and all over the same topic constantly. And what's even worse is that the person that is right in any given thread is usually someone who is very wrong in another thread! I find myself saying, "Okay this time, this one is right, y'all listen to this one." In another thread, that one will be posting very wrong, and another that was dangerously wrong in another thread will be right in the next thread! And then I find myself saying, "Okay, now y'all, listen to this OTHER one this time...?"
So it is clear to me that as a whole, y'all have all the right answers.
Allow me to reveal to you a mystery.
You all are not going to be in unity until you stop judging the person and until you stop constantly pounding your way into others. LISTEN to everyone. SEEK diligently the answer to a thing, even AGAIN, if you find yourself, yet again, in debate! Do not assume that you know the answer AGAIN. Because you will end up repeating the same process of the previous debate and you will end up getting to the same result: No love, nothing learned, self righteous, and useless.
If I were in charge, and if the forums were moderated more consistently in the Bible Discussion Forum (as in a debate format, not deleted posts), then I would say that everyone must first agree to believe the Lord Jesus Christ is God. If all cannot agree on that first, then the debate does not happen, because that is necessary. Many here teach as if they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, but rarely do I EVER SEE THEM MAKE THE PERSONAL STATEMENT aside from accepting a title (which we can all agree, many accept the title of Christian and don't actually believe any of it).
Now even still, there will be some that say they believe in Jesus, but I want you to say, "I believe the Lord Jesus Christ is God. I believe that He died in order to heal me. I believe He came back to life and I believe that He sits at the right hand of God and I believe that He will come back for me."
Now we have a foundation upon which we can work. Now we can see each other as brothers and sisters in reality and start treating each other as such. So if someone says, at that point, "I follow the Sabbath (meaning the 7th day)" then I say, "Whatever you want. Just don't force it on my other brothers and sisters or then I'll have a problem." If, at that point, someone says, "Works are required to be saved." I will say, "Fine, whatever you want. Jesus said, 'Even as you believe, let it be done unto you'. Thank God the thief on the cross was able to believe without being able to move his hands or his feet." If, at that point, someone says, "Pagan holidays they are, you shouldn't observe them!" I will say, "Actually I don't like them either. But whatever you want, and whatever they want. God doesn't respect the festivals anyway. But there are greater things at stake than whether someone put up a tree and lights in their living room or foyer, and decided to watch Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. Really? You consider this a matter of salvation? As Jesus said to a woman who worked so hard, 'You are too careful'."
And there are a million other topics that y'all have confused for necessary for salvation.
Judging matters is good! Condemning over a Christmas tree is simply put, a stupid thing to do! It's a sign of excess of bitterness and it's also a sign of a lack of personal responsibility. Or haven't you noticed that those people that constantly dig their head into the flesh of others, like a tick, being drawn to drama, and trying to control even the very passage of blood, meaning the direction of someone's life; those are the same that do not actually have the answers and they thrive off of feeling like they accomplished something. These same think, if I obey above and beyond, I will be better! And if I bring people to salvation, then God will accept me, too, even if I am not as good as those that I brought to Him!
Now I'm judging a matter pretty well. And I don't want anyone to hurt, but you're being a cancer, and you're actually affecting the health of the brothers and sisters. Newcomers are showing up here so often, and look at what they have to go to! The brothers and sisters are constantly at war, and they don't even know their own battlefield! This is NOT GOOD.
If there are any that are capable of understanding, then, that's really cool. If not, then, I suppose that's just the way it is. But I fully believe that those that are usually silent at the forums are probably those that are doing the most good out there in the crazy world. Those that are constantly beating the same dead horses in the forums, I know why you're there. You're sad, you're lonely, you don't feel like you can have fellowship with any others, you're sick of the hypocrisy in the church, you have a great zeal, and you want so badly to love and be loved. Guess what, we are of a like mind! But that doesn't mean that you need to infect others with the same misery of constantly beating them with your own conscience. You should be loving the brothers and sisters RECOGNIZING THEY HAVE THE SAME ILLS AS YOU!
And I'm sorry you're hurting. And I love you all. And I really just want us all to get along.
Forgive me if I lose patience with you ever. But every now and then I am going to lose it when I see y'all turning red in the eyes at each other and green with the envy of prophecy and knowledge. It's just sad and frustrating all at the same time, and it makes me feel very alone.
For the record, I like this website.
Christian Chat has revealed to me that the church has been infiltrated beyond belief with so many that carry false understanding with them.
I see a lot of teachers and very few that should be teaching. It's a game of "Name That Speck, Guess Which Eye!"
But if any Christians hang out in the Bible Discussion Forum, and if any newcomers find their way to that forum, which should be the most enlightening forum, they will quickly come out feeling dark.
I refer to the lack of love, the same old arguments for the same old topics, and the great length of some of the threads that have been around for a while, and the same faces and names which continually either attack each other or throw stumbling blocks in each others' faces, not allowing people to continue in the salvation in which they began, but instead attempting to convict everyone else of their own conscience, whose root is in guilt and shame and inadequacy, instead of in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Yes, we made mistakes. Yes, we continue to make mistakes. We don't like it. But we have the Lord. We cannot add to the Lord.
A few different sects of people just now immediately thought, "Oh, no, he's speaking against what I believe right there, I can tell!"
That means what you believe is actually a lie. Recognize that you became offended by, "We cannot add to the Lord." And yet, you cannot deny that the statement is true, stand alone. It does not require any "but"s or "if"s or "and"s.
If you were offended by that statement, you must stop teaching now. You are killing souls, not saving them. Stop worrying about everyone else's sin and start considering your own.
When my kids are horsing around, sometimes the older, Link, will say, "Daddy! Dylan is ripping the blankets off the bed!" Guess who gets in trouble?
If you guessed Link, you're right.
"Link, how many times have I told you to stop being a tattle tale? Was Dylan hurting himself or others?"
Link will say, "No..."
Then I will say, "Then why are you telling on him?"
Do I like Dylan ripping the blankets off the bed? Not particularly. But is this something that I'm actually going to care about? No.
Now when Link says, "Daddy! Dylan is about to jump off of the top of the bed!" Then I run in quickly and get that one without any sense of self-preservation down. And then I say, "What are you thinking?!"
Now sometimes I will send Link to go tell Dylan something. Or if Dylan is doing something that isn't good, but it's not a big danger, then Link sometimes will try to say, "Dylan, that's not good. Don't do that." But it's not a big deal.
I know what is pointless and what is burdensome and what is necessary.
So I also know that God is not interested in His children running around and pointing the finger at each other like mindless actors. He also is not interested in the brothers and sisters constantly telling on each other and bossing each other around when no one is really doing anything wrong. But if a brother or sister is ACTUALLY in danger, then that brother or sister should speak up immediately, and also begin to pray to the Father.
This is very simple to me. I find a lot of the children of God think they are the angels of God. But until that day of the change, wherein we are transformed from our adolescent bodies of death, which are rebellious, into the adult quickened spirit, which is in love, we are the children of God and not yet sitting on His throne with Him as He promised.
Now that does not mean that we should not have judgment. For we will be judging angels indeed. But we are not YET judging angels. We are for now judging the small matters.
But have you not noticed that here, particularly at these forums, and actually abroad in Christianity, that Satan has deceived you considerably? For you constantly fight and struggle over the same exact matters over, and over, and over, and over. And you never stop. And in the mean time, there is some soul nearby or that you missed while you were glued to the debate that needed you.
And then if you were to be a witness to the salvation of another, then you would have something real to talk about instead of constantly being interested in so much drama.
And then I see a constant stream of false doctrines being planted over and over and over in a thread, and all over the same topic constantly. And what's even worse is that the person that is right in any given thread is usually someone who is very wrong in another thread! I find myself saying, "Okay this time, this one is right, y'all listen to this one." In another thread, that one will be posting very wrong, and another that was dangerously wrong in another thread will be right in the next thread! And then I find myself saying, "Okay, now y'all, listen to this OTHER one this time...?"
So it is clear to me that as a whole, y'all have all the right answers.
Allow me to reveal to you a mystery.
You all are not going to be in unity until you stop judging the person and until you stop constantly pounding your way into others. LISTEN to everyone. SEEK diligently the answer to a thing, even AGAIN, if you find yourself, yet again, in debate! Do not assume that you know the answer AGAIN. Because you will end up repeating the same process of the previous debate and you will end up getting to the same result: No love, nothing learned, self righteous, and useless.
If I were in charge, and if the forums were moderated more consistently in the Bible Discussion Forum (as in a debate format, not deleted posts), then I would say that everyone must first agree to believe the Lord Jesus Christ is God. If all cannot agree on that first, then the debate does not happen, because that is necessary. Many here teach as if they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, but rarely do I EVER SEE THEM MAKE THE PERSONAL STATEMENT aside from accepting a title (which we can all agree, many accept the title of Christian and don't actually believe any of it).
Now even still, there will be some that say they believe in Jesus, but I want you to say, "I believe the Lord Jesus Christ is God. I believe that He died in order to heal me. I believe He came back to life and I believe that He sits at the right hand of God and I believe that He will come back for me."
Now we have a foundation upon which we can work. Now we can see each other as brothers and sisters in reality and start treating each other as such. So if someone says, at that point, "I follow the Sabbath (meaning the 7th day)" then I say, "Whatever you want. Just don't force it on my other brothers and sisters or then I'll have a problem." If, at that point, someone says, "Works are required to be saved." I will say, "Fine, whatever you want. Jesus said, 'Even as you believe, let it be done unto you'. Thank God the thief on the cross was able to believe without being able to move his hands or his feet." If, at that point, someone says, "Pagan holidays they are, you shouldn't observe them!" I will say, "Actually I don't like them either. But whatever you want, and whatever they want. God doesn't respect the festivals anyway. But there are greater things at stake than whether someone put up a tree and lights in their living room or foyer, and decided to watch Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. Really? You consider this a matter of salvation? As Jesus said to a woman who worked so hard, 'You are too careful'."
And there are a million other topics that y'all have confused for necessary for salvation.
Judging matters is good! Condemning over a Christmas tree is simply put, a stupid thing to do! It's a sign of excess of bitterness and it's also a sign of a lack of personal responsibility. Or haven't you noticed that those people that constantly dig their head into the flesh of others, like a tick, being drawn to drama, and trying to control even the very passage of blood, meaning the direction of someone's life; those are the same that do not actually have the answers and they thrive off of feeling like they accomplished something. These same think, if I obey above and beyond, I will be better! And if I bring people to salvation, then God will accept me, too, even if I am not as good as those that I brought to Him!
Now I'm judging a matter pretty well. And I don't want anyone to hurt, but you're being a cancer, and you're actually affecting the health of the brothers and sisters. Newcomers are showing up here so often, and look at what they have to go to! The brothers and sisters are constantly at war, and they don't even know their own battlefield! This is NOT GOOD.
If there are any that are capable of understanding, then, that's really cool. If not, then, I suppose that's just the way it is. But I fully believe that those that are usually silent at the forums are probably those that are doing the most good out there in the crazy world. Those that are constantly beating the same dead horses in the forums, I know why you're there. You're sad, you're lonely, you don't feel like you can have fellowship with any others, you're sick of the hypocrisy in the church, you have a great zeal, and you want so badly to love and be loved. Guess what, we are of a like mind! But that doesn't mean that you need to infect others with the same misery of constantly beating them with your own conscience. You should be loving the brothers and sisters RECOGNIZING THEY HAVE THE SAME ILLS AS YOU!
And I'm sorry you're hurting. And I love you all. And I really just want us all to get along.
Forgive me if I lose patience with you ever. But every now and then I am going to lose it when I see y'all turning red in the eyes at each other and green with the envy of prophecy and knowledge. It's just sad and frustrating all at the same time, and it makes me feel very alone.