Too Much Christianity(?) Today is Nothing but Superstition & Emotionalism

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I could not agree with you more. All miracles listed in the Bible are true miracles. However, those being claimed by Pentecostalist and Charismatics are at best, suspect as to their genuineness.

Just to be clear, I do believe that faithful prayer can bring about healing IF it is in God's will to do so. However, this idea of men today being modern Apostles and having the ability to heal, cast out Demons and speak in languages they do not know, is nonsense.

This whole issue could be solved, one way or the other, if one of these so-called Apostles would simply provide Christendom with an irrefutable healing. 1) Document the persons illness with the medical profession, or 2) choose a candidate that has a visibly clear malady, such as a physical disability or deformation; then 3) Heal that individual permanently and provide the medical documentation to proof the healing.

Yet, this has never been provided. Why not? Christ never hid His healing miracles. He accomplished all of them for the unbelieving World to see. This proved He was who He said He was. God incarnate - the Son of the most high. So I say: Come on you modern Apostles, show us you are who you claim to be.

Just think of it.. if someone did as I propose, how much "unity" it could bring to the body of Christ and end this debate once and for all. Alas, it will not happen because they can't do what they claim.

Excellent! You wrote with such clarity, and I do obviously agree.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
There exists a modern miracle. One that no one has yet to duplicate, replicate or explain away as natural phenomenon.

The Bible.

40 distinct and identified authors written over a period of 3,000 years that agrees perfectly.

We can't get people to agree with themselves much less with someone 3,000 years ago.

No piece of literature written to date is as unique or repeated as often as scriptures have been. None so argued over either.
But also....no one can duplicate the effort either. No one can write scripture today. Many have tried....ALL have failed.
The closest anyone has come is the Koran and its a joke by comparison. Doesn't even come close. (Mohammed was a false prophet)

That being said....
There is so much garbage being said by people wishing to have a relationship with God but failing miserably its insane.

"Come to Jesus and lay it under the blood at the cross"
"I'm waiting on God
"
Puhhhhllleeeze.

Jesus came to us....we can't get to Him.
And when He did, our best idea was to make Him a political football and kill him in the most humiliating and painful way imaginable.
And that whole "waiting" thing.
When read properly it means serving like a waitor....being a servant and not a do-nothing.

Ok.....carry on.
 
Whats interesting to me is that my Husband went to a Mormon church and said they had all sorts of miracles. I do not believe that miracles are a sign of genuine Christianity as many charasmatic churches have lead me to believe. Also I do agree that these miracles are..well...often less than.

I could go through all of the miracles I had seen at my church, from the girl who got "healed" of a autoimmune disease that resurfaced soon after, or those who got healed from pornography which...then they continously opened up about their struggles with. Oh my husband was healed of his leg limp, but still walks with a cane. And my anxiety was healed...and yet I still have it...

The people who had said they seem angels were exclusive to themselves, and mostly children to be honest.

The visions and prophesy never came to pass

But everyone still believed that God was talking to them.

I am so confused at this.

I really want these people to get help. They are misleading many, around the world even. I worry for them and for others.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
The very last days are fast approaching and if we're going to still be here during the great tribulation, I would think we would need to make ourselves available to God so He can work miracles according to His will.

That's all!


🥳
 
I could not agree with you more. All miracles listed in the Bible are true miracles. However, those being claimed by Pentecostalist and Charismatics are at best, suspect as to their genuineness.

Just to be clear, I do believe that faithful prayer can bring about healing IF it is in God's will to do so. However, this idea of men today being modern Apostles and having the ability to heal, cast out Demons and speak in languages they do not know, is nonsense.

This whole issue could be solved, one way or the other, if one of these so-called Apostles would simply provide Christendom with an irrefutable healing. 1) Document the persons illness with the medical profession, or 2) choose a candidate that has a visibly clear malady, such as a physical disability or deformation; then 3) Heal that individual permanently and provide the medical documentation to proof the healing.

Yet, this has never been provided. Why not? Christ never hid His healing miracles. He accomplished all of them for the unbelieving World to see. This proved He was who He said He was. God incarnate - the Son of the most high. So I say: Come on you modern Apostles, show us you are who you claim to be.

Just think of it.. if someone did as I propose, how much "unity" it could bring to the body of Christ and end this debate once and for all. Alas, it will not happen because they can't do what they claim.
I can not agree more here! Woah