Torah Observant Christians.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I should have added, I believe the Talmud is the Jewish "Oral Torah" (Mishnah) + Rabbinic commentary on the Mishnah (Gemara) in written form.

Dec 30, 2019
Should Christians follow Torah?
Yes we should follow the Torah. The Grace of God is given so we can follow the Torah. Of course there is no Temple. The Temple was tore down in 70 AD. Now WE are the temple of God. So this is going to take some understanding on our part as to how in our day and age we are to follow the law of God. Also a lot of this has to do with ministry and serving God. There will be people that will suffer loss. "If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work" (1Cor3:12) Fire can purify and fire can destroy. Wood, hay and straw is destroyed. Gold and Silver is purified. Another consideration is that the "Jews" add to the law of God. "They tie up heavy, burdensome loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." (Matthew 23:4) Jesus tells us: " my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:30)

Dec 30, 2019
Correct. The Torah contains the Old Covenant -- the Law of Moses. The New Testament contains the New Covenant -- the Law of Christ. You cannot have both at the same time.
Why not, there is no difference between the Law of God and the Word of God. Jesus came to forefill the law and He lived His life as an example for us to follow. Only Jesus could add to what was given to Moses. "With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD." (Numbers12:8) Moses may give us three words and later there will be three chapters to explain those three words. Even the very first word in the Bible: "Beginning" tells the story of the whole Bible. If we study the letters that make up this word we see that: The Son of God was given as a Grain offering to reconcile Heaven and Earth. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1) In Bible College we learn that the meaning of a word is determined by the context.

Dec 30, 2019
Save has to do with salvation. The scripture you quote in Galations has to do with the Grace of God and Righteousness. There is no difference between the word of God and the law of God. Jesus came to accomplish the Law of God for us, in us and through us. The real issue is what we teach others. Those who practice and teach the commandments of God will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven. Our job is to practice and teach, not tell people it is ok to break them.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:17,18,19)

Dec 30, 2019
the Written Torah and the Oral Torah
If we need the Holy Spirit of God to be our Teacher and Guide for the written word of God then how much more in regards to the oral tradition.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
I believe when a believer has reached a "certain point", in one's "Temple built without hands", or as Peter said: "A Spiritual house", (towards) "A Holy Priesthood", in (for) "Spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God By Jesus Christ?" That, in the "moving beyond the principle doctrines of Christ, towards Spiritual maturity?"

It should behoove a believer, in a "spiritual sense" to do some of the offerings, such as "offerings of first fruits" (such as fruit of the Holy Spirit, as it develops...love, joy, kindness, peace, long suffering, temperance, etc) unto Our Father. As well as offerings such as "wave offerings and heave offerings", etc.)

This should happen when one picks up one's own cross from Jesus, and goes unto our Father in Heaven. As Jesus confesses one before our Father, as we confess Christ before men.

It is in this fashion, I believe, that eventually? Not only will one have the "Spirit of Christ" within one's own Temple, built without hands. But also, one's Spiritual House (Temple), will be "sanctified" enough, where the "Spirit of God" will "take up residence" within one's House (Temple).

These "efforts" or "works", are not only profitable in a "cementing" (if you will) of one's salvation. But, also meet (profitable) in keeping one's election assured. Inasmuch as "sanctification" grows. Not to mention one's Spiritual roots!

But? That's just me.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Why not, there is no difference between the Law of God and the Word of God.
Take some time to carefully study Paul's epistle to the Hebrews. Paul warned the Hebrew Christians of his time not to fall into the trap which you have fallen into.

Jun 10, 2019
P

pottersclay

Going out on a limb here...my personal opinion doesn't matter let's take scripture and place it against scripture.

I will post a few scriptures in response to it's credibility 😏

P

pottersclay

But Ruth said: “Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me.”

Ruth being a moabite also a type of the church

P

pottersclay

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Some believe Jesus did away with the law.....so what does this scripture mean?

NayborBear

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

Some believe Jesus did away with the law.....so what does this scripture mean?
The "prophecies" written by God's faithful servants concerning Jesus' being born of a virgin, from the house and lineage of David, and yea, back to Adam, was some of "the law", that was fulfilled. The change to the "physical" offering BLOOD sacrifices of animals, changed into the spiritual sacrifice/s, and offerings, made BY the believer, acceptable to God BY Jesus Christ...But, that's ALL!

The REST of "the Words of God" concerning "the law", and yea of Jesus' parables concerning "The Kingdom?"

Have NOT, and SHALL NEVER PASS AWAY!

Oh how lazy mankind, and "christendom" in general have become, in only striving to be wanna be Priests!

In just seeking after salvation. Loving your neighbor, in lieu of, "Spiritual Maturity!" Never moving beyond the principle doctrines of Christ, in the seeking of "Spiritual Maturity!" Wanna be Priests!

Never offering the "Spiritual Sacrifices" seen by Jesus Christ, as even being acceptable to our Father in Heaven! Wanna be Priests!
2 Thessalonians 2

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Wanna "hear" a "lying wonder?"

Jesus ABOLISHED "the law!"

It's as if humanity itself has "fallen victim", to a "spiritual plague of locusts!"

STARTING with BELIEVERS and Wanna be Priests!

P

pottersclay

The "prophecies" written by God's faithful servants concerning Jesus' being born of a virgin, from the house and lineage of David, and yea, back to Adam, was some of "the law", that was fulfilled. The change to the "physical" offering BLOOD sacrifices of animals, changed into the spiritual sacrifice/s, and offerings, made BY the believer, acceptable to God BY Jesus Christ...But, that's ALL!

The REST of "the Words of God" concerning "the law", and yea of Jesus' parables concerning "The Kingdom?"

Have NOT, and SHALL NEVER PASS AWAY!

Oh how lazy mankind, and "christendom" in general have become, in only striving to be wanna be Priests!

In just seeking after salvation. Loving your neighbor, in lieu of, "Spiritual Maturity!" Never moving beyond the principle doctrines of Christ, in the seeking of "Spiritual Maturity!" Wanna be Priests!

Never offering the "Spiritual Sacrifices" seen by Jesus Christ, as even being acceptable to our Father in Heaven! Wanna be Priests!
2 Thessalonians 2

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Wanna "hear" a "lying wonder?"

Jesus ABOLISHED "the law!"

It's as if humanity itself has "fallen victim", to a "spiritual plague of locusts!"

STARTING with BELIEVERS and Wanna be Priests!
What's a spiritual sacrifice?

NayborBear

What's a spiritual sacrifice?
Yer asking the wrong person!

Ask He who sent Jesus Christ!
Isaiah 28
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

An even more better question to ask Jesus Himself?

"What can, or must I do, to keep from being rejected at the last day?"

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
The discussion I started with regards to “Tithing” was interesting to say the least. This brings me to another topic I would like to hear from people on. Torah observant Christians. Of course there plenty of scripture in the NT contrary to this brief, but I would certainly like to heard others views on the subject. Enjoy!

View attachment 209824
Hi again, Aerials1978!

Two things I notice right off on the subject of Christians keeping Torah today.

One is that the bulk of the commandments can't be kept, unless one claims to keep them "spiritually".

The other is that Torah actually says some things that made sense in a bronze age culture in the middle East, but aren't a good idea in, say, 21st century USA.

Deuteronomy 22: 28. If a man find a lady who is a virgin, who is not pledged to be married, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 29. then the man who lay with her shall give to the lady's father fifty [shekels] of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has humbled her; he may not put her away all his days.

Seriously? Require a woman to marry her rapist?

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Follow Torah???
First off, you need a Temple, a Priesthood and PETA will never let you get away with the animal sacrifices.
Otherwise, you can pretend you are following Torah.
amen its always that fake torah obedience with no priesthoods and temples. i hate hearing these fake torah observers talk i would rather listen to politicians lie to me than their fake faith.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Hmm 151 Examine locusts to make sure they are permitted for consumption. (Leviticus 11:20-23)

Nope don’t care if it looks clean or whatever I’m not eating it, I’ll eat grass and leaves and tree bark before munching on a locust.
locust are tasty if cooked. like you can put some butter on pan and just fry them. add spices and its good. kind of crunchy texture not bad at all.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Yes we should follow the Torah. The Grace of God is given so we can follow the Torah. Of course there is no Temple. The Temple was tore down in 70 AD. Now WE are the temple of God. So this is going to take some understanding on our part as to how in our day and age we are to follow the law of God. Also a lot of this has to do with ministry and serving God. There will be people that will suffer loss. "If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work" (1Cor3:12) Fire can purify and fire can destroy. Wood, hay and straw is destroyed. Gold and Silver is purified. Another consideration is that the "Jews" add to the law of God. "They tie up heavy, burdensome loads and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." (Matthew 23:4) Jesus tells us: " my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:30)
do you circumcise new converts to your church? why not? its in the bible. its in the torah.

Jun 10, 2019
locust are tasty if cooked. like you can put some butter on pan and just fry them. add spices and its good. kind of crunchy texture not bad at all.
No I can’t maybe if I was blind folded or didn’t know it was a locust, I know it is a stable food source in the world but eating insects isn’t my cup of tea