Torah Verses Pointing to Jesus, Add Yours for the Sake of All

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Deu 1:38 But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

Nun

Meaning
Posterity, Fish
Etymology
From the verb נון (nun), to propagate or greatly increase
a male given name: from a

Joshua is one form of the name that evolved to be Jesus.
Hebrew word meaning “God is salvation.”

K

Karraster

Hi brother, the first that came to mind and probably my favorite, is in Isiah. Acts 8 tells us about the encounter Phillip had with the Ethiopian, where he was reading from Isiah 53, but couldn't understand what he was reading until Phillip explained it to him. That chapter in Isiah starts out, " Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?"

The passage the Ethiopian was reading:

“He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
33 In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.
Who can speak of his descendants?
For his life was taken from the earth.”

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Gen 3:15)

Who is the seed of the woman? None other than Christ.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Hi brother, the first that came to mind and probably my favorite, is in Isiah.
While that is a very good passage, it is not a Torah passage (from Genesis to Deuteronomy). But here is a prophecy of Jacob regarding Christ (Gen 49:10-12), where "Shiloh" is a title of Messiah/Christ.

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be. Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes: His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.

Then we have the very unlikely hireling prophet Balaam prophesying about Christ (against his will) in Numbers 24:17, which also mentions the Sceptre of Christ (as King of kings and Lord of lords):

I shall see Him, but not now: I shall behold Him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

It is surmised that the wise men from the East who came to Bethlehem to worship Christ had access to the Torah, and may have been proselytes. They may have read this verse and connected it with the Star of Bethlehem, since they very specifically asked Herod "Where is He that is born King of the Jews?" The sceptre is a symbol of royalty, and "Jacob" is another name for the nation of Israel.

Mar 23, 2016
Genesis 22:

3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind [him] a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.

Hebrews 11:

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In all fairness, my post saying "Torah" in lieu of Tanah is because most are not familiar with the term covering all of the Old Testament. Yes, I could have said OT, however my intention is stressing the beginning to the end and how Israel has preserved the Tanah for us who need to learn.

I have been auto corrected on the Tanakh word...