Touched By an Angel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter danschance
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

danschance

Guest
This is not about angels, but it sort of fits in here.

I was working out in the desert, almost 200 miles away from home. It was the end of the day and I was excited to go home and be with my family because tomorrow was thanksgiving and now work. The buses pulled up opened their doors and without looking at the time, I got in.

The general foreman came in and asked me if I was an electrician. I said yes and he responded with "Today is your last day, you are fired." I was shocked. I have never been fired in my life. I am a good worker and far from a trouble maker. I got off the bus and he walked up to me and said in an angry tone "You should've known better".

Eventually I got back on the bus and felt miserable. I figured I would be handed my check and a pink slip on Monday. The whole weekend I was upset over what had happened. Monday I reported to my foreman what had happened. He asked if he got my name and I said "No". He then said, "Don't worry about it."

At the end of the day, I took my usual seat on the bus back to Indio and felt relieved. I figured my job was safe. Then I had a vision. I saw what looked like a picture in a frame. The background I could see a flash of lightning coming from dark clouds and big waves. This picture, I could see the waves moving. In the center of the picture I could see Jesus looking directly at me and he did not move like the background did. I felt love and peace come from Him. His eyes were the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen, a brilliant blue. The picture looked dark but His eye stood out in contrast to everything else.

It suddenly dawned on me what this picture was about. Going thru deliverance I had told some people who were hurting and going thru all sorts of hell; "Don't do a Peter and look at the big waves, keep your eyes on Jesus". Referencing the story of how Peter had walked on water with Jesus until he saw the waves and became scared, then sunk like a rock. Jesus had just fed me my own lines! I still laugh at this. He was telling me to not look at the waves, but to look on Him.
 
Amazing , reminds me of a story, that a villager women wanted to know where Jesus lives, so her pastor said come back and he will have an answer, she came back and he said," I found where Jesus lives, she thought he was making fun of her. But he said, I know his address, she said, really give it now He said to her, he lives in you. John 17.