Touched By an Angel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NiceneCreed
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
You wouldn't be the first to be deceived. Remember that fellow Joseph Smith he saw an angel. The angel he said was named Moroni.
Not at all likely you can tell what the glory of God specifically looks like.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
My friend, I have met God twice and recently met Jesus. I know who he is and am not easily fooled when it comes to things like angels and demons. I have met an angel once and demons several times, they have never even tried to pretend to be light and even if they did they cannot come close to what God has shown me about his glory and love. You say I was deceived but then why would he tell me I can do all these things with Jesus? and why would I begin to ascend to jesus? But what kind of proof do you have i was deceived?
 
I know party poopers are generally frowned on, but Notuptome is making a good point we should all consider. Satan is a master at deception and all of us have some potential to be deceived, at least for awhile. I fully appreciate his skepticism and I hope all would.

I like how I think, not that I am boasting, but I am part skeptic and part believer. That has helped me in many ways. I was introduced to an amazing man who claimed to be a prophet. I believe it is possible and for a time, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Then he "prophesied" that Nibiru was on a collision course with Earth. I considered it possible until he said it was the size of the earth and it would be here in 4 months.

I studied engineering in college and I tested his theory. I made some guesses and some quick calculations and figured that the planet would seen easily in the night sky by the unaided eye. In fact I figured that amatuer astronomers would see it between 12 and 15 months before it would hit earth.

I confronted him and boy was he angry that I would dare challenge a prophet of God. He told people that he knew where the safe zones would be and if they wanted to live, they would follow him. When it was one month away and still no sign of it in the heavens, he begged people to follow him. I did my best to reason with his prospective disciples and at least none of them followed him to the "safe zone".

As the date got closer he packed up some belongings, his wife, a toddler and a brand new baby and drove to the safe zone. The dreaded day never happened and after three months he resurfaced. He had lost all of his following except for a few knuckleheads. Bottom, line is I appreciate a portion of skepticism.

"For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. Matt 24:24
 
I thought to myself, "There must be some reason this being appeared to you and said what he did." Thank you for having the courage to share a little bit about yourself, and praise God for leading you down the path of righteousness.


Grace and Peace!
 
Okay, Angels are real. They are as numerous as the stars. From what we can squeeze out of the bible, they are all male. They are extremely tall. Reference to Genesis where they took the daughters of man and they gave birth to giants. Note these were fallen angels that followed Lucifer. They do not have wings. With that said God refers to anyone who carries His message as an angel. For instance, in Revelations where Jesus tells John to the angel in Sardis write, to the angel [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]in Ephesus write. These were men, why did John need to write to angelic beings?

[/FONT]
 
Okay, Angels are real. They are as numerous as the stars. From what we can squeeze out of the bible, they are all male. They are extremely tall. Reference to Genesis where they took the daughters of man and they gave birth to giants. Note these were fallen angels that followed Lucifer. They do not have wings. With that said God refers to anyone who carries His message as an angel. For instance, in Revelations where Jesus tells John to the angel in Sardis write, to the angel in Ephesus write. These were men, why did John need to write to angelic beings?


Well, cuz ANGEL=MESSENGER

ἄγγελος = aggelos

Angel definition
1)
a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger from God​
 
Last edited by a moderator: