Touching Hearts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Psalm 113:9 NLT
[9] He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD!

Philippians 2:14-15 NKJV

[14] Do all things without complaining and disputing, [15] that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

The above are ones that have spoken to me recently.
I have to admit the second one was very hard when I got home from
work last night and found water all over the kitchen floor.
The central heating system is leaking and I’m waiting for a plumber.
Also at midnight last night my elderly aunt slipped out of bed so I had
to call an ambulance to get her up off the floor.

Yes they are easy to read and think that’s nice, but hard to put into
practice.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
We don't have a prayer thingy........but I am praying for you and your Aunt as well.

Regarding water all over the floor........a few nights ago (here in Bama we were having 8 inches of rain) I woke up to a water soaked carpet in my bedroom. 1 AM getting up to go to the bathroom, and having soaking wet feet to greet you is NOT how you want that to go......... :) Spent all that night, and the next day and night vacuuming up the water, and drying the carpet to avoid mold and mildew.

About Noon, I was trying to see the "thankfulness" in the mess, and God reminded me "It was only half the bedroom and one closet, and NOT the whole apartment." I said my prayers of thankfulness.........and went back to vacuuming and drying with a song on my lips.
All that kinda led to the "Touching Hearts" Thread.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The heart is so important to us. Physically and Spiritually!

Psalms 51:10) Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalms 73:26) My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Philippians 4:7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psalms 37:4) Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalms 26:2) Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

There's a Scripture that speaks about what defiles a man. It says it's not what goes into a man that defiles him, it's what comes out.....
I believe that when we./man speak in unGodly ways, those thoughts/words come from the heart........just as when we speak the Word of God, and words of love and compassion do.

The mind plays a role in this, but I do not believe the mind can control the heart............as the heart can control the mind.

(that's my thoughts right there)

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Leviticus 17:11 11For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
For G-d so love me (the world) He gave His only begotten for Son (for me). And who so ever(me) shall believe in Him (me) shall have ever lasting life (me).
I have come to save the world (me) because it (me) has already been condemned.

John 3:16-18 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Mar 23, 2016
There's a Scripture that speaks about what defiles a man. It says it's not what goes into a man that defiles him, it's what comes out.....
I believe that when we./man speak in unGodly ways, those thoughts/words come from the heart........just as when we speak the Word of God, and words of love and compassion do.

The mind plays a role in this, but I do not believe the mind can control the heart............as the heart can control the mind.
In agreement about the tongue —

James 3:

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

In vs 2 we read if any man offend not in word and in vs 8 we read but the tongue can no man tame.

So how can we get to the point of offending not in word if there is no way we can tame the tongue?

There's also Eph 4:29 (Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers).

How do we get to the point of no corrupt communication and speaking only those things which edify and minister grace to the hearers?

I believe it is through our hearts being directed to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When we turn our hearts to Him, our whole life changes. We have a peace which passes all understanding, a love that endures, an unspeakable joy which energizes us, faith that sustains us in our most trying times.

Having our hearts turned toward the Lord Jesus Christ is how we can edify and minister grace and offend not in word.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
In agreement about the tongue —

James 3:

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

In vs 2 we read if any man offend not in word and in vs 8 we read but the tongue can no man tame.

So how can we get to the point of offending not in word if there is no way we can tame the tongue?

There's also Eph 4:29 (Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers).

How do we get to the point of no corrupt communication and speaking only those things which edify and minister grace to the hearers?

I believe it is through our hearts being directed to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When we turn our hearts to Him, our whole life changes. We have a peace which passes all understanding, a love that endures, an unspeakable joy which energizes us, faith that sustains us in our most trying times.

Having our hearts turned toward the Lord Jesus Christ is how we can edify and minister grace and offend not in word.
Amen!
:)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Kindness comes from the heart and is rooted in love.............

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
One way that hearts can be touched is through music. There are certain spiritual songs that forever touch our hearts when we hear them. One of my most favorite is "It Is Well With My Soul" written by Horatio Spafford. Part of the experience is knowing the horrors he went through in this life, and, yet, could pen such a beautiful praise hymn to God.

1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well with my soul.
    • Refrain:
      It is well with my soul,
      It is well, it is well with my soul.
  2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
  3. My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!—
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
  4. For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
    If Jordan above me shall roll,
    No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
    Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
  5. But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
    The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
    Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
    Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
  6. And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Revelation 21:4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

"What a day that will be, when my Savior I shall see, when I look upon His face, the one who saved me........."

Good God, good song..............

COMING SOON
Jesus Christ

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
The homeless, the hungry, the outcasts of Society still deserve our love do they not?

Leviticus 25:35

“If one of your brethren becomes poor and falls into poverty among you, then you shall help him, like a stranger or a sojourner, that he may live with you.”

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I thank God for those who make the effort (often times at their own expense) to reach out and minister to such as these.......

Starr4work

Sep 25, 2018
Just simply knowing Jesus exists, loves me, wont ever leave me.
Sometimes just seeing a picture of him, like in the post above reminds me of his love.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Good times, bad times, all times touch our hearts, and we need to remember to be thankful all the time.

Romans 12:12 - Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Psalms 28:7 - The LORD [is] my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Sep 6, 2014
Isaiah 30:18
And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of justice: blessed are all they that wait for him.

John 1:16
And of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
The homeless, the hungry, the outcasts of Society still deserve our love do they not?

Leviticus 25:35

“If one of your brethren becomes poor and falls into poverty among you, then you shall help him, like a stranger or a sojourner, that he may live with you.”
Amen.

Ive been homeless myself for a while. The road is rough sometimes.

What I learned is that everyone is absolutely alone in this world (im talking humans here). Family and friends will abandon in a heart beat. The only person you can trust is yourself.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Amen.

Ive been homeless myself for a while. The road is rough sometimes.

What I learned is that everyone is absolutely alone in this world (im talking humans here). Family and friends will abandon in a heart beat. The only person you can trust is yourself.
.......and God. And, I suggest we trust God first.....

(just saying)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Love that song...........reminds me of Billy Graham

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Psalms 41:1) (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.