Tough Part of Being Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Interesting, my thinking is that the truly confident person will own up to an error which I have seen many times on CC and BDF.

So to continue in pop psychology ... :) .....maybe the arrogance is to cover up insecurity?
Hard to say.. I guess for believers best to focus on Jesus and learn from Him.
If they have integrity they would.

But yes that was basically what I was implying. The insecurity of not feeling confident so to counter their insecurities they act arrogant. This gives them the sense of power and if done enough can become habitual. Once that occurs even if they naturally begin to feel confident they may not know how to separate the two. Yes I suppose arrogance can be found with the Intelligent which are probably confident but use it as a tool of power while a less Intelligent arrogant person may use it to cover insecurities.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
For me the hardest part of being a Christian is wanting to do what I want to do.

I know it is harmful.
I know God said not to do it because He doesn't want us to cause harm, to ourselves or to those around us.
I know if I do what I want to do I'll regret it.
But I wanna, I wanna, I WANNA!!!

Oct 31, 2019
It's difficult for me to be happy all the time. I know I should be even in hard times and praise God no matter what but it is. And yes, I agree with Lightskin! It is difficult to love arrogant people.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Impatience. I'm still learning that things work better when I wait on God.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Arrogant believers, IMO, are those believers who state that THEIR interpretation of Scripture, and THEIR Theological beliefs ARE THE ONLY TRUE ones, and all others are false teachers and heretics........

Sadly, they are not uncommon

E

EleventhHour

Arrogant believers, IMO, are those believers who state that THEIR interpretation of Scripture, and THEIR Theological beliefs ARE THE ONLY TRUE ones, and all others are false teachers and heretics........

Sadly, they are not uncommon
I could debate this but I won't ;)

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
The glory of God in our hearts and a strong meditation precludes us from
having tough parts because God is in us and we are in HIm so we are one.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Outward form Christians may argue, those who are Spirit filled will not be instructed to so , they know they no longer have an opinion, they have a position and it is based on the Word of God.

Feb 28, 2016
For me the hardest part of being a Christian is wanting to do what I want to do.

I know it is harmful.
I know God said not to do it because He doesn't want us to cause harm, to ourselves or to those around us.
I know if I do what I want to do I'll regret it.
But I wanna, I wanna, I WANNA!!!
=========================================
praying for you Lynx, this is one of the 'hardest-ones, steps' to take in climbing UP His Ladder...

Feb 28, 2016
It's difficult for me to be happy all the time. I know I should be even in hard times and praise God no matter what but it is. And yes, I agree with Lightskin! It is difficult to love arrogant people.
=====================================================
actually, the (arrogant ones) to learn how to love, were on the bottom of our 'list', as we, hub and myself were
really not much overly arrogant, but our falses went much deeper and difficult to over-come, when we were forced,
by Jesus to acknowledge them...