Toxic femininity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 19, 2019
Japan
Will smith is a weakling for defending "his" wife who was unfaithful to him with his son's friend, and who also said so publicly... Such a woman does not deserve anyone's respect. Will Smith shouldn't have defended her, he should have divorced that degenerate woman.

Inkedphoto_2022-04-06_21-14-16_LI.jpg

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
(Live4Him2 walks away from his keyboard, picks up his cellphone, and calls his lawyer in regard to pressing charges against kaylagrl for a trademark violation...)

:p
Did your lawyer tell you that you forgot to put 'TM' as a superscript at the end of the quoted phrase? :D

;)

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
So Chris Rock makes a joke at Jada Smith's expense. Will initially laughs at the joke, but when Jada shoots him a dirty look he then goes up and slaps Chris to "avenge her honor". Thus Will tossed away his career to appease his wife, not because he thought the offense was so great.

When we have a disagreement, my wife chimes in "happy wife happy life" to get her way. I know of many married couples for whom this saying gets used to win a debate. Basically it comes down to the woman saying "do it my way, or I will make your life unhappy".

Over recent years much has been said about "toxic masculinity". I think its time we add "toxic femininity" to the debate. How many times do we men submit to a woman, just because if we do not submit she will make our lives miserable? If that ain't a toxic relationship... and it needs to change.
Personally I can't stand feminists and I'm a woman. I think they make life miserable for everyone including women!

But in the Will and Jada case they're celebrities. People think celebrities are like us bc people magazine told them they are! 😆 But really.... they live by much different rules than we do. In fact they're barely living in the same world as us. So they're extremely narcissistic and even borderline paranoid bc image is so important to them. Verses say most people where we know that no one actually cares. I guess that's not the nice thing to say but it's the truth. Everyone has their own problems and they don't worry outside of themselves. Celebrities think everything is about them bc the media says it is and so does the pay. They could have literally anything or anyone in many cases. So they can't relate to everyday people.

So Will acted the way he did and then had these big actors tell him it was okay afterwards when he was feeling guilty. Never had any charges bc it's "Will Smith" and he has so much money it wouldn't matter if he did.

So it's hard to relate it to toxic femininity bc it's more involved than just that. Essentially they knew there would be no consequences, they're extremely egocentric, and this is the result.

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
The whole Chris Rock/ Will-Jada Smith thing was a preplanned Hollywood stunt, brought on to bring awareness to a failing show and a disease that had a new medicine being introduced at the same time. It wasn't toxic anything, more than Hollywood.

As for toxic femininity or toxic masculinity, eh there are toxic Christians, and toxic non-Christians, toxic Jewish people, toxic Muslims and toxic Hindus I am sure. The point is, it's not being feminine or masculine that makes one toxic, it's deeper than that one aspect of a person's life. It's a toxic heart.

Why is Jada so toxic? Because she needs Jesus. Why is Will so angry? Because he needs Jesus. Why is Chris Rock so mean spirited in his jokes? Because he needs Jesus. Why is there marital strife, pride, anger, theft, murder, immorality and a host of other issues? Because we all need more Jesus. This is a fallen world, and there will be no true justice until we see Jesus, so questioning these things is useless unless it brings us all closer to keeping our focus on Jesus. Life isn't about our happiness. Life is about trying to become the person Jesus wants. We are supposed to die to ourselves, because we were created to be used by Him, not to be comfortable or satisfied by the world.

Eh but that's just my opinion.

Mar 1, 2021
"happy wife happy life"

Is just an echo from the curse in the garden: "..thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee..."

This was echoed in Cain's curse: "And unto thee shall be his (sin's) desire, and thou shalt rule over him".

Essentially, woman will want to control man but man will have dominion over woman. Recall, it was man who threw woman under the bus: "It was the woman you gave me!".

So, yeah, that saying has no part in God's kingdom.

In Christ there is no schism between a man and a woman in marriage, they are one flesh. Marriage was given specifically to reveal the Lord's intent between the husband and wife. Man's side was opened to create the woman. The Lord's side was opened to insert the woman (the church) through the veil of His flesh. This shows that we who are in Christ are of Christ. A man shall give his own life up for the woman and love her and the woman will live wholly supplied and submitted to the care of her husband.
For years I really struggled with Genesis 3:16, especially "thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee," but one day in church I learned to see it as not just Eve's curse but also Adam's. Even though God was directing the curse at Eve explicitly, I believe it's actually a curse for both equally. As a woman I always struggled with what seemed like an "unfair" curse directed at Eve ("he shall rule over thee"), but I think this whole thread shows how it goes both ways. God is just as much cursing husbands because he is foretelling that wives will also want to control them. Whenever I hear men complaining about "nagging wives," I chuckle a little bit because I realize they are living the other side of the curse. As a woman it just feels like a little consolation because we've endured our share of the curse many times over in history... basically every woman who was married to a brutal and unjust unhusband since the fall of man. Basically, that little line is foretelling the struggle that all husbands and wives will face with each other as long as God sees fit to have us on His earth. We have to strive constantly to have loving marriages where we are truly one flesh, but this curse means that it will always be a problem we have to confront.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
For years I really struggled with Genesis 3:16, especially "thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee," but one day in church I learned to see it as not just Eve's curse but also Adam's. Even though God was directing the curse at Eve explicitly, I believe it's actually a curse for both equally. As a woman I always struggled with what seemed like an "unfair" curse directed at Eve ("he shall rule over thee"), but I think this whole thread shows how it goes both ways. God is just as much cursing husbands because he is foretelling that wives will also want to control them. Whenever I hear men complaining about "nagging wives," I chuckle a little bit because I realize they are living the other side of the curse. As a woman it just feels like a little consolation because we've endured our share of the curse many times over in history... basically every woman who was married to a brutal and unjust unhusband since the fall of man. Basically, that little line is foretelling the struggle that all husbands and wives will face with each other as long as God sees fit to have us on His earth. We have to strive constantly to have loving marriages where we are truly one flesh, but this curse means that it will always be a problem we have to confront.
I liked your summation.

I understand that this was the curse because of two issues (and, btw, God did not curse them; He was merely proclaiming what would now occur because of their transgressions). The first issue was the deception of woman and the rebellion of man; the second was the change of their perspective concerning their own lives. Before the fall they were spirits like their Father. Yet they were clothed in flesh: so they were not naked: their clothing was their flesh. After the fall they identified with the desires of their flesh: therefore they saw themselves as fleshly bodies needing covering. Not only that: as fleshly bodies with certain carnal (meaning "fleshly") desires.

Woman learned she would not be cared for by her husband and, if she messed up, the man would speak against her with the words of the accuser in his own defense. Man became so self-absorbed he was willing to cut off his own flesh for the sake of self-preservation. These were the most deranged expressions of the soul. So, the woman, seeking to protect herself, would always look for ways to usurp her husband's rule and man, seeking to be independent, would always degrade the woman to a lesser being. In this arrangement, with the soul ruling the desires of the man and woman, there was no possible way to host the intent of God to demonstrate the standards of His kingdom: the man is to give his own life up for the woman as she submits to the rule of the man. We were to see an organic body within the relationship between man and woman where there is one head (man) and the parts of the body following the head (woman). These are not equal expressions. Equality is something the soul desires. They are unique expressions of equal glorious value showing the love of Christ for His church: one cannot exist without the other.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
The whole Chris Rock/ Will-Jada Smith thing was a preplanned Hollywood stunt, brought on to bring awareness to a failing show and a disease that had a new medicine being introduced at the same time. It wasn't toxic anything, more than Hollywood.

As for toxic femininity or toxic masculinity, eh there are toxic Christians, and toxic non-Christians, toxic Jewish people, toxic Muslims and toxic Hindus I am sure. The point is, it's not being feminine or masculine that makes one toxic, it's deeper than that one aspect of a person's life. It's a toxic heart.

Why is Jada so toxic? Because she needs Jesus. Why is Will so angry? Because he needs Jesus. Why is Chris Rock so mean spirited in his jokes? Because he needs Jesus. Why is there marital strife, pride, anger, theft, murder, immorality and a host of other issues? Because we all need more Jesus. This is a fallen world, and there will be no true justice until we see Jesus, so questioning these things is useless unless it brings us all closer to keeping our focus on Jesus. Life isn't about our happiness. Life is about trying to become the person Jesus wants. We are supposed to die to ourselves, because we were created to be used by Him, not to be comfortable or satisfied by the world.

Eh but that's just my opinion.
Pretty good opinion... Jesus is definitely the answer..

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Example: Pastor called saying Hey Becky how about coming to Bible Study Tonight? Reply: Today is Valentines day are you sure you are going to have Bible Study. .....Yes we are in the Book of Mark !. Great ! But pastor i know how things are are you sure? YES

Well you guessed it there was no Bible Study,,, The pastors wife and friends had other ideas... I have no objections to what they did it was cute and fun. Lots of young married couples in the church they had a Newly Wed Game. But it was not Bible Study I felt bad for the Johnathan he had no authority.

Mar 25, 2020
I think feminism is necessary. In a masculine world, if women hadn't fought for their rights they'd still be knitting at home and doing the dishes, taking care of the kids.

But spousal control like that is not cool. Sticks and stones. Words for words. Chris Rock was very cool to take it that way. I feel sorry for him. It was wrong from the start to finish to assault a man for the sake of your woman.

I'm saying this because someone spoke against feminism in the comments above. I'm no woman. But I've seen my mother suffer because of societal structure and how women can be forced to stay at home and look after the kids in a marriage. It's very hard for women who belong to such a society. Feminism is absolutely necessary without which people will suffer 100%. Not just the women. But children too. Because they see their mother suffer.

What happened in that stage was a man being afraid of his wife. Like as if such an incident could end his marriage to his wife. That's sad and unfortunate. It's not often that someone's personal life becomes so public. But it could happen to anyone. Because marriage means 2 people. It's not 1 person. And I don't want to sit in judgement over what happened. But to beat a man who didn't lay a finger on you is wrong. Will would not have done that if it was Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier or even Mike Tyson who was making the jokes instead of Chris.

It's just poor character. Chris may not have meant it to be that way. Not a word from that man after that. Nothing. He's a comedian making the jokes. Jada eyeballing Will and Will walking like a robot. It's sad. It just shows how mean women can be in a marriage. The same as men who are heartless in a marriage also. It's just how some people are. It's what people shouldn't be. Because God didn't intend us for that.

I personally don't like people who think they can do whatever they want and think that, that is right.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in the olden days if anyone on stage was perfoming badly, they just threw rotten tomatoes at them

I recall one time the Queen visited nz and some digruntled people threw rotten eggs at her.
She just changed her outfit.