Tragedy at night club in Bucharest (Romania)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
On last Friday (30 october) between 300 and 500 people went to a rock concert in Bucharest club "Collective". The band only played three songs after which a deadly fire erupted due to fireworks that were included in the band's performance. It took less than 4 seconds for the fire to extend on the ceiling and the crowd ran towards the ONE and ONLY exit available. A dozen of persons died and around 200 hundred persons suffered from severe injuries.

Please pray for them!

[video=youtube;8ZZcqTCQHFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZcqTCQHFM[/video]

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
My God, those screams...

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
As a weird irony, the first song the Romanian band played is called "The way we die".

S

sydlit

Father in heaven, please hold closely those affected by this tragedy in Bucharest, Lord, please comfort the families with the reassurance of the reality of your resurrection. And please bless and calm our friend and sister guesswho with your saving grace in Jesus name. Amen.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I heard the president is resigning because he felt he didn't make the fire code strong enough. Imagine the leader of a country taking responsibility for the evils in his country!

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
I heard the president is resigning because he felt he didn't make the fire code strong enough. Imagine the leader of a country taking responsibility for the evils in his country!
It was the prime-minister that resigned because thousand of Romanians took the street and asked that the government be changed.

I agree that we have an irresponsible government that doesn't care for the people, but I personally believe it is not them who are direct responsible for the fire at the club. First of all, the owners of the place should be asked some questions. Why were there only two exits and one blocked? I mean, why would you have a door that is blocked? Why did the band had to have fireworks in a closed space with the ceiling and pillars covered with anti-phonic sponge. That's why the fire spread so fast. And people said that the ceiling (the sponge on the ceiling) felt on people's heads. That's just horrible!

Now, all Romania is grieving and angry.

S

sydlit

It was the prime-minister that resigned because thousand of Romanians took the street and asked that the government be changed.

I agree that we have an irresponsible government that doesn't care for the people, but I personally believe it is not them who are direct responsible for the fire at the club. First of all, the owners of the place should be asked some questions. Why were there only two exits and one blocked? I mean, why would you have a door that is blocked? Why did the band had to have fireworks in a closed space with the ceiling and pillars covered with anti-phonic sponge. That's why the fire spread so fast. And people said that the ceiling (the sponge on the ceiling) felt on people's heads. That's just horrible!

Now, all Romania is grieving and angry.
They should be, and I am with them. There are so many tragedies in life that seem unavoidable, but when they happen from careless neglect or irresponsibility, it's very troubling. My prayers go with them, in hopes this never happens again.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
“Show me, Lord, my life’s end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Everyone is but a breath,
even those who seem secure.[b]

6 “Surely everyone goes around like a mere phantom;
in vain they rush about, heaping up wealth
without knowing whose it will finally be.

7 “But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.

S

sydlit

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:
for thou art the God of my salvation;
on thee do I wait all the day.
Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies
and thy lovingkindnesses;
for they have been ever of old .
Remember not the sins of my youth,
nor my trangressions:
according to thy mercy remember thou me
for thy goodness sake, O Lord. +[Ps.25:5-7]+

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2014
Pray for whom? The ones who chose to attend the club who are now dead? Can you or I change that tragedy? Are you asking us to pray for the family members and/or friends of the diseased? I think we should pray for their salvation, because, down the road, each of them will face their destiny too, just like their friends just did. The important thing is that we share JESUS with them... and since we can't physically do that over the miles, we could pray that GOD will open the doors for someone else to share JESUS with them..so that when they are in a car accident, fire, or a nursing home, when their time on earth is UP...they can run into the arms of JESUS because someone cared enough to share JESUS with them. Those that did share JESUS with them just may be the way that GOD listened to your personal prayer and answered it.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
Pray that God have mercy both on the ones that died as well as on the survivors and on the families.

We can't change this tragedy, we can only feel grief that such a stupid and avoidable thing happened...

I do hope that this is a wake-up call for Romania (and not only Romania) to turn to God. We are nothing without God.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
OK.

So the situation in Romania is the following: people took the streets after the tragedy at the club, they didn't directly blame the government for the accident but the fire at the club started another "fire" in Romanian's hearts. A fire that has to do with corruption and incompetence of politicians in this country. A fire and anger that is related, unfortunately, also with the Eastern Orthodox Romanian Church. Romanian people don't see in the orthodox priests their representatives, they perceive them as pharisees that preach humility while driving expensive cars and living in expensive houses and just asking always for money.

People on the streets threw stones at an orthodox church and yelled: we want hospitals, not cathedrals (because a very expensive cathedral is being in construction in Bucharest). They also scream that the priests are thieves, and they also want that the Patriarch of Romania also quit his "job". First the prime-minister, now they ask for the Patriarch. That's the first time in Romania's history that people ask this thing!!!

It is really a revolution going on there (I am in Mexico, right now) and I hope that God will bless Romania and Romanians. I can't say I am happy that people are anti-church, quite on the contrary, but this tension between the church and people has been going on for some time and now it exploded. People aren't against God, they are against corruption.

I hope the wind of change will bring a good wind.

S

sydlit

My prayers are with the ppl of Romania, hoping, too, that the Holy Spirit will work in the hearts of those corrupting the Word of God, and cause them to turn to Jesus for forgiveness and reconciliation. Also praying for those who's hearts are seeking peace and joy through Jesus will be kept from further persecution and that freedom to worship in Spirit and Truth will win out. Praying also for the families and friends of the victims of the tragedy, that no root of bitterness springs up, but that the love of Christ Jesus our Lord will lift them to higher ground. Father, may your hand of blessing be upon the ppl of Romania at this time. And Father, please bless GuessWho with your peace and love in her heart, and thank you, Lord, for her concern for this situation, and for keeping us informed and asking for prayer as well. Please let the joy of the Lord be her/our strength in Jesus' name. Amen.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
Thank you everyone for your prayers and concern.

God bless you all!

K

kaylagrl

Pray that God have mercy both on the ones that died as well as on the survivors and on the families.

We can't change this tragedy, we can only feel grief that such a stupid and avoidable thing happened...

I do hope that this is a wake-up call for Romania (and not only Romania) to turn to God. We are nothing without God.

There is no mercy once you are dead.Its too late then for prayers. Certainly we can pray for the loved ones though.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
It's not only about mercy, but about love, too. We, eastern orthodox christians, express our love for the ones that died, too, through prayers.

One of the main critic at the address of the Romanian Eastern Orthodox Church was that priests have not come to say a prayer at the place of the tragedy.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
Once the person die, she does not cease to be a person, a creature of God.

God doesn't forbid you to pray and hope for those that died.

This is another problem of us, christians. We are too formal. We can't do anything that comes from the heart unless it is commanded in the Bible or by Tradition. I am sure that God will not be upset with me saying a prayer for those that died.