Translation of tongue

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DieuMerci

Translation of Tongue

This is the translation of a tongue, spoken and translated, by the power of the Holy Spirit, at Solid Rock Family Church, on Wednesday, February 11, 2009. The tongue was spoken by a woman of the congregation, and the translation is by Pastor Joe Skiles.

I have made the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the earth, and the galaxies and everything that pertains unto them. I have given you breath, I have given you life, I have given you strength, I have given you warmth. I am you God who watches over you and monitors every area of your life. I haven't given you a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind, and in that look at My Word and declare by faith that I will never leave you nor will I ever forsake you. Let your confidence be in Me, for truly, I will make a way in your life. Whenever your enemy comes, whenever those who would try to destroy you, and strike you down come, My presence will surround you, and I will meet every need in your life, because, you are My child, and if you being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more will I give good things unto you because I love you with an everlasting love, and you are mine, because I am your Father.

S

Slepsog4

The Holy Spirit through Paul in 1 Cor. 14 spoke about tongues and prophecy in the assembly. He specifically said that the women are to learn in silence. This women disobeyed and the pastor participated it. I do not believe this came from God.

E

easygoing

I would not discredit this happening but would be careful in how it was interpreted only reason would be what is said in 1 cor. 2 For he who speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not to men, but to god; for no man understands what he says; however through the spirit he speaks mysteries.

N

NazariteNation

The Holy Spirit through Paul in 1 Cor. 14 spoke about tongues and prophecy in the assembly. He specifically said that the women are to learn in silence. This women disobeyed and the pastor participated it. I do not believe this came from God.
I feel as though if you have never operated in the gift of speaking in / interpretation of tongues then you have absolutely no authority what so ever to even comment on the issue. To do so is like a blind man who has been unable to see since birth trying to teach someone how to drive by simply reading the car's owners manual in brail.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
"The spirit of the prophets is subject to the prophets." This means the "prophets" can control their prophesying (e.g., when and where they do it and if they do it) -- which kinda implies that they can also (wrongly) choose to not control it. Prophesying can be done out of order -- even real prophecy (why else would Paul have to limit and restrict them in this chapter?). Likewise I suppose tongues spoken out in the church meeting by a woman, could possibly be real, even though it's out of order.

"It is improper for a women to speak in the church"... "Let the women keep silent in the churches" :D

Thank you for speaking that rarely spoken verse Slepsog :D

Feb 27, 2007
I absolutely do not like this male domination view. however,... it is written like it or not.

U

Unbound

I believe this particular passage, ( 1 Cor. 14:26-39), has more to do with avoiding disorder and confusion in services. It is not saying a woman isn’t allowed to talk, but rather they also are to restrain themselves from random, incoherent outbursts and that it is the husband’s responsibility to guide the wife in proper order in services. In looking at all the cross references given for those particular verse (verse 34), all the references are addressing the woman being under the authority of her husband. Also, the words “to speak” in verse 34 are translated from the Greek word “lalein” ( from “lalew”Srong’s # 2980) - “to talk at random” (Key Word Study Bible, Rev. Edition 1991 - Lexical aides p.1732). My conclusion is that this is addressing the husband’s responsibility to ensure their wives are not disruptive to the services and the wife’s responsibility to accept the husband’s direction. The main principle being addressed here is maintaining order in services without confusion or chaos. The issue is not who is or is not allowed to speak. The issue is those who do speak must be in harmony with the service, not bringing disruption or disorder. I would also like to point out that verse 31 says, “For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged ”.
In this instance reported by DieuMerci, I see no indication of error here. The tongue was confirmed by the pastor who gave interpretation, and the message was received. This was a specific message for this congregation and it is not the place of those for whom the message was not directed to judge or confirm its authenticity. It is for those to whom it was given to judge.
In reading this message, it appears this congregation is about to face an attack from the enemy of some type. The Lord is warning them it is coming and is assuring them He will bring them through it. This should be obvious what is happening. Instead of finding direction and encouragement, DieuMerci has been met with erroneous judgment by those who have no understanding. We need to be praying for this congregation’s strength and safety. We should not be telling them to discount this word because it is from God.
On another related note, there are 7 women in the Bible who were considered prophets. Should we discount their message because they are women?? Below in the list of these female prophets.
Female Prophets
Sarah
Gen 11:29 - 23:20
Miriam
Ex. 15:20-21; Num. 12:1-12:15, 20:1
Deborah
Judges 4:1 - 5:31
Hannah
I Sam 1:1 - 2:21
Abigail
I Sam 25:1 - 25:42
Huldah
II Kings 22:14-20
Esther
Esther

DieuMerci, I hope the Spirit’s message was fully understood, because it was meant to bring strength and courage through the coming days. FEAR NOT, He will bring your church through. Whatever this brings, do not let seeds of doubt to be sown, for you are Christ’s and NOTHING can snatch you from His hand.
You will be in my prayers.

Jan 31, 2009
Ok now that most of you paraphase a certain verse. let's look at what it really says
1co 14:34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
notice the obedience part here
Paul also said in the very same chapter
1co 14:39Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

are we to say, I mean don't woman make a sound when they sing so they have to be silent and they can't even sing in the church , or are we saying that women can't give testimonies in Church, or God forbid if they give Him praise in the Churches. come onnnnnnn ! we know this can't be Ps 67:3Let the people praise thee, O God; LET ALL the people praise thee.

well any how I am not going to go into every verse that deals with this but remind you of Anna

Lu 2:36And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;Lu 2:37And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.Lu 2:38And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

note two things here Anna never left the temple but she Spake of Jesus to all that looked for redemption, hope this has been a help and here is one more this one I'll throw in for free, though

Ac 2:17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Sons and Daughters shall prophesy, haven't you ever thought it strange that the ones that say that preachers and prophets are the same thing in todays times yet in the last days the daughters aren't allow to speak thus sayeth man? I think we might have a misunderstanding of scriptures here you all keep digging, we might all come together with His Word and By His Word , Before He comes back

R

Raeshelle

AMEN AND AMEN Thaddaeus!!!

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Very simple... in the context of speaking prophecies and speaking in tongues (and other public speaking in the church) the last thing Paul says is that it's improper for a woman to speak in the church. No one said they can't sing along, say amen with the congregation, give congregational responses, whisper to their neighbor, etc. The context is speaking to the entire church -- what is proper and orderly. And by the way, how many of the men in your church ever speak to the whole church? (Probably less than 1%.) So, given that 99% of the men in your church don't even have the privilege/opportunity to speak, why is it so offensive to say that the women can't speak? (i.e., the speakers for the Sunday morning church service/meeting should be men.......... let the men lead and teach, amen.) Anyway............. :)

Didn't mean to change the focus of the original thread, but just responding to Slepsog4 :D

Jan 8, 2009
The Translation of Tongue is certainly nothing against the bible this is certainly from God. Thanks for that Dieu it is a nice encouraging Word.

T

Timeless

This is a word of encouragement. I see and hear nothing in it that is contrary to scripture.

B

become_the_generation

ok so the whole women being silent needs to be known that that is brought up because at the time people in the church were going crazy. women sat on opposite sides or a different part of the church than the men. so thats why they wer supposed to be silent and wait to ask their husbands...cuz they would have had to shout across the room. and next. seriosly...a guy puts something that God speaks on here and people attack it? comon! people...this is a christian community. lets show some love...to a person that is only putting a Word of God on here. read joel where it talks about that people are gonna have dreams and vissions and the outpourning of the Holy Spirit in the last days. those days are here. lets not attack each other...but build each other up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.