Trapped

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 24, 2020
I feel trapped by sin.. like every time I say I’ll change the way I do things I go right back to the way I was before! Sometimes I think I’d be better off just dying without the chance to sin again.. all I have is God and all I want is God, but yet even when trying my hardest I can’t please him.. it’s like I’m mediocre in everything I do, and then even God I can’t do good enough for. I thought if I just focused my mind instead Of on stopping sin but loving God something would change, and it did I do love God but Jesus says if you love me you will obey me, so what am I supposed to do? I know I love him that’s off the table but the love that Jesus is talking about the kind of love he had for us to deny himself everyday even to the point of death... I don’t want to just “love” him I want all of me to be consumed by love for him... just thinking about it, about that kind of love Overwhelms me my heart aches I just... I just want to truly and fully love God, and there are distractions, and so many other things and variables my mind conjures up.. but what good is living if I don’t die daily?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
@AllyFaithful
The guy who wrote most of the New Testament, Paul, understood this.

Romans 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

While he was botherd by his sin, he didn't focus on it. Whats the point of grace if you spend more time dwelling on guilt? God gave grace for a reason and to hang on to the things He covered and forgave is a much bigger problem than any sin you're committing.
The Bible teaches to think on good and pure things. You're not doing that, you're focusing on guilt and condemnation. Despite the Bible teaching you are no longer under such things.
So the real problem here is not these sins, but your lack of understanding about God, grace and salvation.

Mar 24, 2020
@AllyFaithful
The guy who wrote most of the New Testament, Paul, understood this.

Romans 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

While he was botherd by his sin, he didn't focus on it. Whats the point of grace if you spend more time dwelling on guilt? God gave grace for a reason and to hang on to the things He covered and forgave is a much bigger problem than any sin you're committing.
The Bible teaches to think on good and pure things. You're not doing that, you're focusing on guilt and condemnation. Despite the Bible teaching you are no longer under such things.
So the real problem here is not these sins, but your lack of understanding about God, grace and salvation.
Thank you for this! You’ve really given me a new perspective to consider!