Travel bug

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont know if its more singles go travelling than marrieds as I think its equal opportunity in that if someone has the means, and the desire, they will travel anyway.

But what about you, before quarantine, did you travel much, and after, will you continue travelling?

Do you like travelling?
Or do you enjoy staying put?

what is your favourite means of travel? Or least favourite.

For me its just plain old walking. Ok I could run...but then you miss on so many things while running and when I see runners I wonder if they really are just running away from someone (or something). Or why are they in such a hurry.

Driving a car isnt my most favourite thing to do neither is being a passenger. I dont like too much traffic, so living in a city is not ideal for me.
Flying is kind of exciting but I couldnt really be a pilot. And I do not enjoy landing where your airs pop.
One thing I would like to try is donkey ride. I think it would be safer than horseriding.
there are others that I havent mentioned but just want to start a conversation on travel.

Some people I know are always here there and everywhere that I lose track. They go in campervans, they go sailing or bike riding or running marathons or skiing or mountain climbing and diving. But I often wonder are they really keen to see new places or they just dont like being home? Or maybe they just have...the travel bug.

T

TheIndianGirl

I dont know if its more singles go travelling than marrieds as I think its equal opportunity in that if someone has the means, and the desire, they will travel anyway.

But what about you, before quarantine, did you travel much, and after, will you continue travelling?

Do you like travelling?

For me its just plain old walking. Ok I could run...but then you miss on so many things while running and when I see runners I wonder if they really are just running away from someone (or something). Or why are they in such a hurry.

Driving a car isnt my most favourite thing to do neither is being a passenger. I dont like too much traffic, so living in a city is not ideal for me.
Flying is kind of exciting but I couldnt really be a pilot. And I do not enjoy landing where your airs pop.
One thing I would like to try is donkey ride. I think it would be safer than horseriding.
there are others that I havent mentioned but just want to start a conversation on travel.

Some people I know are always here there and everywhere that I lose track. They go in campervans, they go sailing or bike riding or running marathons or skiing or mountain climbing and diving. But I often wonder are they really keen to see new places or they just dont like being home? Or maybe they just have...the travel bug.
Yes, I enjoy travel. I studied abroad in Belgium for a semester during college and also interned in Belgium for 10 months after college, during this time I visited a lot of Europe. Fortunately my work has some travel abroad; I go abroad for about one to two weeks every 8 months, and I am allowed to take several personal days after. I like work travel even though it is stressful (sometimes nearly pulling all-nighters) but I get to experience local food, see local customs, etc. My last trip was to Guatemala in February. I also have family abroad but I do not visit them that often.

I like trips in the U.S. but it is hard without a car/not driving. I am now uncomfortable driving since I have not driven in a long-time; I've been in DC/DC area since college and we don't need a car here. For example, I would like to go to the beach which is 4 hours away but it is not possible without a car. So, sometimes I do feel "trapped" in the city.

Whenever I am, I love walking. My church is two miles away, and during nice weather I walk back home.

I have taken train rides, and I enjoy that too. I like airports and flying.

I don't have too much experience in camping, horseback riding, etc. Have never been in a boat (aside from a ferry).

I usually end up traveling alone (my personal days after work trips; while living in Belgium my trips to other cities), aside from a few extended trips with my mom visiting family. However, I haven't take a solo trip technically speaking in five years, when I went to UK for two weeks. I find solo travel relaxing but it can also be slightly lonely around dinner time. Solo travel also allows for a lot of introspection, so I may have a wide array of emotions during a trip, so sometimes I may feel "on top of the world" or a feeling of "I'm free!" and other times but less often I may feel "empty." But usually, being immersed/learning about local culture takes up a lot of time.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I went solo on a cruise ship once and did enjoy it once I got over sea sickness but not sure I would do it again! At dinner you just ask to join a table so you get assigned some dinner companions which is fun as I agree dining alone is not a good experience.
Although I am quite ok going to a cafe alone or lunch as you are free to mingle or be alone if you wish.

You do need to keep your wits about you if travelling solo particuarly if you female.

My job at the moment does not involve much travel at all. I think the most I could travel would be for work conference depending on genorisity of my employer.
living in the city can be a bit stifling if you arent able to escape for a few days every year.

unlike many well off people who just happen to have holiday homes or relatives in far flung places with guest accomodation I cant just rock up and stay...it takes a bit of logistics and organising which is the part I dont really like too much as sometimes once im travelling it easy to just go with the flow. But then thats why travel guides and bus tours etc do all that 'fixing' for you. But you do need to pay extra for that.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I love traveling and just started traveling later in my adult life. I typically always travel with someone, unless I meeting someone in a particular spot.

One of the things that I’m most looking forward to, should the world return to some normalcy again is traveling to see my friend in TN and then I’m thinking my next stop will be Montana.

I love seeing the world that Lord created.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im on a comittee to organise travel for my garden club this year. It's usually just a weekend away but it takes some organising for a busload of mostly ladies.

Another trip I am hoping WILL happen this year is taking school children to the big library in town. we plan to go by train. both times I planned it and both times we couldnt go...one because of a fire in town last year and the other cos of virus. ?!

I like to experience new places Ive never been to before. I think its an adventure but I am not as adventurous as some people, like I dont go diving or full on mountain climbing...I prefer armchair travel for those kinds of pursuits. Im reading about Kelly Tarlton at the moment who was and adventurous diver and made many expeditions diving shipwrecks. He got the treasure too! But I am only going as far as his underwater world aquarium, although on the weekend when I wanted to go with mum we were turned away at the door. It was full.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
just coming back to my old thread haha people dont respond as they might still be stuck in quarantine well GOOD because two people BROKE their quarantine coming from england to nz to go to a dying relative and they tested positive for the virus and now everyone has gone nuts going WHAT THE?! now 320 people they have been into contact with have to be tested, ai

Travel bug for sure.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
they only did 6 days quarantine, you are meant to stay put for 14 days.
14 days people!!! thats two weeks holiday in a hotel and no you cant go out. Sorry. You travelled from half way round the world bringing God knows what in your bodies. People have been skyping and facetimeine even funerals so I really dont have that much sympathy for people that break quarantine.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok someone dies in nz and the relatives want to come over for the funeral except, oh we are in level 1 which means 14 days strict quarantine for anyone coming in overseas so WHY EVEN COME. Please stay where you are and do the facetime skype thing.

I have no idea WHY our border control is so lax that everyone that enters the country isnt even tested for covid either before or after they arrive.

how is it for everyone else???

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020

Do you like travelling?

:LOL: I have been out the country once in that for to France for a day.
I would love to go to america, but it seems very costly and there is all sorts of problems, like becoming lost because the country is massive. Money is the least of problems when travelling.
I would like to go to america, should i come back in Jesus reign then i will spend a lot of time travelling and really let my hair down.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
America is massive its actually two continents depends if you like to go north or south. South is closer (to me) but not speaking spanish mean North might be easier as more people speak english.

Money does help in travel situations only because it can buy you comfort.

I think in heaven I would like to meet all the people I ever conversed with online, as they come from all over the world and Im not able to meet them physically on earth.