T
toinena
Guest
Wednesday started bad. I noticed I had forgotten something crucial, and it really made me stressed. The whole long list of people who wanted to be a replacement home for my dog, backed out. Four of my students still have no trainee place. And I was just freaking out.
We gave the class free from lunch, in hope of some miracle that they would fine a job or a trainee place. My bloodpreassure was high up and I couldn't get peace. Did it have something to do with the friend that I was supposed to meet, that backed (or did I push? I guess so.) out? I prayed and searched the Lord and the BP went down and I was ready to leave. And yes. I was excited. I dropped the dog off at my mum's and went to the airport. Everthing went perfectly. The hotel was a dissapointment, though. I couldn't use the bathroom, and the other room smelled like cigarette smoke.
We took the train and buss to Paddington, and we went through the beautiful English Countryside to Cardiff, Wales.View attachment 175125
And we immediately fell in love with the place. The town had a huge pedestrian zone and the shopping possibilities were great. The history was present all over, and we just felt at home.
I went out alone to have a late dinner. It was a surprise. I haven't been able to enjoy my own company for many years, but now, I just enjoyed the food, the cider (boy, that was a mighty good cider!) and the live music. Yes. It is possible to be happy alone, and do things for myself. It was like stepping back 25 years, when I really enjoyed life and travelling all by myself. And it felt like I got a peice back of my old self.
View attachment 175114
The next day we went to see the castle. View attachment 175119
View attachment 175120View attachment 175121
Ending the day with afternoon tea at Pettigrew'sView attachment 175123
Saturday we went back to London and catching the early morning plane to Norway the next morning.
Sometimes I felt sad, though. I wish I could have a special someone to share memories like this with. One day.... perhaps.
But the trip was great. I gladly skip London and spending days in dreary Croydon anytime for Cardiff. I even got a free linguistic treat with the Welsh language. How could life possibly be better? (Well... yeah. But still)
We gave the class free from lunch, in hope of some miracle that they would fine a job or a trainee place. My bloodpreassure was high up and I couldn't get peace. Did it have something to do with the friend that I was supposed to meet, that backed (or did I push? I guess so.) out? I prayed and searched the Lord and the BP went down and I was ready to leave. And yes. I was excited. I dropped the dog off at my mum's and went to the airport. Everthing went perfectly. The hotel was a dissapointment, though. I couldn't use the bathroom, and the other room smelled like cigarette smoke.
We took the train and buss to Paddington, and we went through the beautiful English Countryside to Cardiff, Wales.View attachment 175125
And we immediately fell in love with the place. The town had a huge pedestrian zone and the shopping possibilities were great. The history was present all over, and we just felt at home.
I went out alone to have a late dinner. It was a surprise. I haven't been able to enjoy my own company for many years, but now, I just enjoyed the food, the cider (boy, that was a mighty good cider!) and the live music. Yes. It is possible to be happy alone, and do things for myself. It was like stepping back 25 years, when I really enjoyed life and travelling all by myself. And it felt like I got a peice back of my old self.
View attachment 175114
The next day we went to see the castle. View attachment 175119
View attachment 175120View attachment 175121
Ending the day with afternoon tea at Pettigrew'sView attachment 175123
Saturday we went back to London and catching the early morning plane to Norway the next morning.
Sometimes I felt sad, though. I wish I could have a special someone to share memories like this with. One day.... perhaps.
But the trip was great. I gladly skip London and spending days in dreary Croydon anytime for Cardiff. I even got a free linguistic treat with the Welsh language. How could life possibly be better? (Well... yeah. But still)