Trinity, lets make sense of it

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
This is Jehovah speaking in the Old Testament.
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (Isa 45:22-23 KJV)

This is Jehovah promised in the Old Testament.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isa 9:6 KJV)

This is Jehovah in fulfilment of prophesy here on earth.
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Php 2:10-11 KJV)

I'm happy to believe Jesus is the WORD made flesh. Or to put it simply, "Jesus is God in overalls."

bygrace

Dec 3, 2018
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (Isa 45:22-23 KJV)

This is Jehovah promised in the Old Testament.
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isa 9:6 KJV)

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Php 2:10-11 KJV)

I'm happy to believe Jesus is the WORD made flesh. Or to put it simply, "Jesus is God in overalls."
same God spoke in gen 1

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018

Hey.

This is how I believe it too.

What do you call yourself if i may ask? Whats this belief called? Is there a 'tag' on it? Anyone?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I never cease wondering how people think the FINITE mind can understand the INFINITE.
Scripture will not convince the antichrists and believers do not need convincing.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I am not oneness, nor am I trinity. I know Jesus is fully God. I know the heavenly Father is fully God. The Holy Spirit I do not believe is a separate personality. The Holy Spirit is what makes God what He/They are. I can't fathom with my finite mind the part of God that is everywhere. I can say it, I can believe it, but I can't fully explain it. That is omnipresence.

What about omniscience? How does God keep track of all that information? This is everything about everybody past present and future. What about omnipotence? Being able to keep all of the haphazard events of life to steadily work into your will regarding everything. We can create these words, but I defy anyone's ability to really understand these things. :cool:

prove-all

May 16, 2014
God and the Word, makeup God,
the Holy Spirit is [the Power of God]

The Holy Spirit is given to those who God wants.

blasphemes against the Holy Spirit: it is blaspheme associated with attributing
the works Jesus did using the Holy Spirit [the power of God] to that of demons.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The trinity symbol is a closed circuit,
to me this denies the fact God wants to make us
like Him, and not ashamed to call us His sons.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The trinity concept, over the last couple centuries,
experts say you have to believe it or you are not saved.

They also say you can go crazy trying to figure it out,
and man just have to believe it anyway.

But my God is not a God of confusion.

Oct 25, 2018
Your diagram doesn't cut it. You are separating the Holy Spirit from the Father and the son. The Father is the HS and the son is the HS. If you separate any of them they cease to become God.
Wrong my friend. They are One God, but three distinct persons. The Father is God, the Spirit is God, but the Spirit is not the Father, and vice versa. The Son is God, but He is not the Father or the Spirit.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
If the Holy Spirit was a person,
then Jesus would be called the Son of The Holy Spirit.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The Holy Spirit is not the Father so this fails.
35And the angel answered and said unto her, (The Holy Ghost) shall come upon thee,
and (the power of the Highest) shall overshadow thee: therefore also
that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called (the Son of God).

Again if it was a person, Jesus would be called the Son of the Holy Spirit.

Dec 28, 2016
What you are stating is not trinity doctrine, it is modalism. Trinity says God is three separate persons. I feel that simply using the term "person" we are missing real picture. Person means of a son. God isn't of any son. Our labels are not adequate to explain the complex character of God. We need to quit trying to label Him. There is a saying: "You label me, you limit me." :cool:
Person means "son?" Limitting the definition of "person" to a physical being is where and why you're mistaken.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, (by my great power)
and by my outstretched arm, (and have given it) (unto whom it seemed meet unto me).

bygrace

Dec 3, 2018
I am not oneness, nor am I trinity. I know Jesus is fully God. I know the heavenly Father is fully God. The Holy Spirit I do not believe is a separate personality. The Holy Spirit is what makes God what He/They are. I can't fathom with my finite mind the part of God that is everywhere. I can say it, I can believe it, but I can't fully explain it. That is omnipresence.

What about omniscience? How does God keep track of all that information? This is everything about everybody past present and future. What about omnipotence? Being able to keep all of the haphazard events of life to steadily work into your will regarding everything. We can create these words, but I defy anyone's ability to really understand these things. :cool:
you can call yourself whatever you like but the oneness doctrine does not hold to the Godhead nor the concept of the Trinity. also one accountable to what they have said. And the statement by I think PS is one of the oneness doctrines if you identify as one or not.