TROLLS ARE SICK PEOPLE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

Hard to believe you're the same guy who started this thread in Family Forum.

All you did was shame people who disagreed with you. You even shamed people who agreed with you.
I love you Lynn and not just because you're a Philly gal like me. :eek: But I don't see where Eromonnis is shaming anyone in that thread. In fact, I misunderstood him at first too because of so many new people coming in with guns blazing who just start mowing folks down with judgment & condemnation. So my attitude was wrong at the get go & I misjudged him.

I now understand what Eromonnis was trying to share in that thread. He was trying to get us to think about our views of unconditional love.

To tell you the truth, I sometimes take you wrong, Sis Lynn. I have to check my own attitude when I read some of your posts because you pull no punches. But the love of God and His Truth shine through your heart of compassion, so I’m learning to see the complete you in Christ. :)

Feb 5, 2017
You can never do it publicly. If you talk to ANY person personally rather than publicly you will find they are different. Public speaking makes everyone speak differently, since it is said with a public context. People who speak vocally in public, again, speak differently than if it is one to one.

I have tried to befriend them on the whole.
When I have done this on threads at times I have been torn apart.

D

Depleted

I went to the thread to find out whether you meant he was shaming people in general, or whether it was something you took personally.

a) Don't hold a grudge
b) Don't slander people
c) Yes it is slander
Yeah, you see what you want to see.

I don't shame because I don't care what people think of me. Learned long ago no one thinks of me all that much to worry about it, and even in those rare moments they do? So what?

No, actually, I couldn't believe how many people were wrong just because he said so. Me? Kind of expect people to disagree with me.

Oh, and No it wasn't slander.
1. It was written, therefore...
2. I just found it funny that somehow shaming people was the definition of a troll from someone who has no problem shaming people.
3. I'm more inclined to believe Bill's definition of troll. Really bored with this whole "slander" crap people pull out simply because they think it boosts up a non-point. (It can't be liable or slander, because I said it was hard for me to believe. Exactly why is that anything to do about him, or you?)

You're kind of that guy who has an opinion on everything, but the opinion has nothing to do with the conversation. (Also not slander or libel, because I told what I thought, because I'm expressing what I think.)

D

Depleted

Thanks for shaming me.
LOL Was that you trying to shame me?

Yeah. Sorry, we're both way too old to buy it. You could not shame me for the same reason I could not shame you.

We know what we mean when we say/write what we mean. Haaving said what we meant, we had no shame in saying it. We still don't.

You can tell if someone has shame over what they said. They come back and say they were sorry. Never happened. Won't happen, for either one of us, because we weren't/aren't ashamed.

And no one but no one can make someone else have an emotion without that person wanting the emotion.

You don't want shame. I don't want shame. Therefore neither one of us can "make" the other one have shame.

You don't look as the victim. That's good. You're no victim.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I don't know what the big deal about shame is..... it's pretty effective at keeping me out of trouble.

Feb 28, 2016
discernment is the 'KEY', and many here have it on some level, but it is a daily process
that comes as we mature and desire to serve our Maker, but many times are reluctant to use it,
as perhaps wanting to 'fit-in' or maybe putting that 'old ego first - no one can 'shame another' if they are a
true child of Christ, for shame comes from within when we are doing wrong -
and no one can 'blame another' for their own feelings', the way that they respond or take words in,
is something that all of us must own'...
it's called 'maturity and taking responsibility for your own feelings and actions'...

this does seem to be a problem for many, it's like a 'carry-over' from childhood'...
perhaps from reading to many un-savory books and looking for anyway that one can
to justify themselves, other than what our Saviour has spoken to us through His Holy Words...

this 'new-age' garbage has taken it toll, as many of us can see!!!

Last edited:

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Not all trolls are bad, for example some can be harmless and just do it for laughs. Those that like what you mentioned are horrible, this was a plot in 2016 season of South Park

N

NoNameMcgee

I don't know what the big deal about shame is..... it's pretty effective at keeping me out of trouble.
i had a troll i outed in front of a group chat...

he bombed the chat with graphic images... of men

then he took all my pictures on this app and used them to talk to women

then pmed people in the chat (he had been kicked)

with graphic pictures he got from these women using MY likeness...

i dont really get phased by words

but trolls to me are worse than someone with an attitude problem

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
I remember I used to belong to this religious facebook group and some of us decided to enter and raid this atheist teen dating facebook group. That was so fun, don't blame me I'm still young and sometimes mature :rolleyes:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Not all trolls are bad, for example some can be harmless and just do it for laughs. Those that like what you mentioned are horrible, this was a plot in 2016 season of South Park
The season that Kyle's dad was writing crap about everyone on the internet?

D

Depleted

But does it define "troll?"

I don't think so. The very act of trolling tends to stop people from dealing on an emotional base with anyone else. It's all calculating and self-centered.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
i had a troll i outed in front of a group chat...

he bombed the chat with graphic images... of men

then he took all my pictures on this app and used them to talk to women

then pmed people in the chat (he had been kicked)

with graphic pictures he got from these women using MY likeness...

i dont really get phased by words

but trolls to me are worse than someone with an attitude problem
Who was that douche bag? Some of that could be criminal in nature.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
But does it define "troll?"

I don't think so. The very act of trolling tends to stop people from dealing on an emotional base with anyone else. It's all calculating and self-centered.
I'm not sure what a troll is, other than the ones under a bridge.

N

NoNameMcgee

Who was that douche bag? Some of that could be criminal in nature.
he changed his screen name to "super sayian Jesus" to make fun of me because im Christian

he supposedly lives in the UK but i dunno

most of what he said were lies

J

joefizz

I don't get upset about this stuff. Trolls= 0 craps given.
Sometimes I get upset sometimes I get amused with some of the drivel or ridiculousness trolls bring especially the people that mistake this for a dating site I've added Winerose's method of greeting them then saying bye to my habits when they show up sometimes.

J

joefizz

Also on this subject I do feel I "wasted my time" on a few people I wasn't sure were trolls but you learn from mistakes lol.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Sometimes I get upset sometimes I get amused with some of the drivel or ridiculousness trolls bring especially the people that mistake this for a dating site I've added Winerose's method of greeting them then saying bye to my habits when they show up sometimes.
Hold on!!!! This isn't a dating site?