A true spirit filled believer no longer commits sin. One who commits sin is one who is still in darkness, and have not received the spirit of Christ. 1 JOHN; 3;8; He that committed sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. We that have the spirit of Christ in us are not of the devil, even though we sin. The unholy that walk in darkness are the ones that commit sin, because they are dedicated, and committed to sin. It is what they love to do. ROMANS;7; 14; For we know that the law is spiritual; but I am carnal, sold under sin,.15; For that which I do I allow not;( meaning the sin in me ,I no longer allow to control me.) , but what I hate, that do I.(meaning I hate what I am in this sinful flesh, and without the Holy spirit, I would continue to do.) 16'; If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.(meaning, without the spirit of Christ in me, I would not do the things of God,and would not want to do them., but now that the spirit of Christ is in me, I do those things that are righteous. 17; Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me..(You see, sin still dwells in the believer) .18; For I know that in me, that is in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing. ; for to will is present with me(meaning, my human will is still present with me as a true believer). but how to perform that which is good I find not(meaning, I cannot perform righteousness in the flesh, but only in the spirit.). 19; For the good that I would I do not; but the evil which I would not, that I do.(meaning, that the good I should do, I do not do it, because I still walk in darkness. , and the evil I should not do, I do it anyway.) 20; Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.(meaning, if now I do the things I should not, It is the sin in the flesh, and not my spirit man.,and there is now no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus., since he have condemed sin in our bodies.) 21; I find then a law, that when I would do good, evil is present with me. . 22; For I delight in the law of God after the inward man.(meaning, the spiritual man, the real me.) 23;;But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind,and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.24; O wretched man that I am ! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25; I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord, So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. (So, you see, we are not saved from sin,because it will always exist in our flesh , but instead ,we are saved from the condemnation that sin leads us to, and that is eternal death. Blessed be the reader of these words.