True Born Again Christians Have Eternal Security

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Well, technically you are correct. My future sins have not been committed yet so they cannot be forgiven right NOW. But when my future sins are committed, I will ask God to forgive me and He will.

Good thing you won't be in my predicament needing God's forgiveness since you are sinless. =( Lucky you.
 
Well, technically you are correct. My future sins have not been committed yet so they cannot be forgiven right NOW. But when my future sins are committed, I will ask God to forgive me and He will.

Good thing you won't be in my predicament needing God's forgiveness since you are sinless. =( Lucky you.
The problem is if you are declaring to me right now you will sin in the future then you are not repentant, and God only forgive those who have repented
 
The problem is if you are declaring to me right now you will sin in the future then you are not repentant, and God only forgive those who have repented

You know, what kind of delusional scope of the Christian life you have. I am not trying to be mean, but it is bordering on bizarre and incomprehensible to me that you are actually professing that you are in fact are SINLESS, without sin and will continue to be for the rest of your life. That to me is delusion from satan. You are brimming with pride, a false sense of it may I add.
 
You know, what kind of delusional scope of the Christian life you have. I am not trying to be mean, but it is bordering on bizarre and incomprehensible to me that you are actually professing that you are in fact are SINLESS, without sin and will continue to be for the rest of your life. That to me is delusion from satan. You are brimming with pride, a false sense of it may I add.
You are right loving Jesus enough to obey Him...how prideful of me.


Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
 
When was the last time you lied or flattered someone even though you didn't mean it, or accidentally swear in your mind, or gossiped? When was the last time you thought a bad thought towards someone? These are all sins. Are you actually claiming you are without fault in each of these areas in your life all the time and will continue to be for the rest of your life?

A simple yes or no, please.
 
When was the last time you lied or flattered someone even though you didn't mean it, or accidentally swear in your mind, or gossiped? When was the last time you thought a bad thought towards someone? These are all sins. Are you actually claiming you are without fault in each of these areas in your life all the time and will continue to be for the rest of your life?

A simple yes or no, please.
I haven't lied or flattered anyone since I can remember, nor can I remember the last time a swear word went through my head (although that is temptation, not sin). I thought something bad about someone today, but I immediately brought that thought into obedience to Christ.

As far as never sinning again that is my plan, it is my goal, and I believe by the grace of God I can accomplish it.

Ephesians 3
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.


However IF I sin I have an advocate. You problem is you say WHEN you sin. This tells us all you have no intention on stopping therefore as I said you are not repentant and must choose to repent before you can be forgiven
 
"I thought something bad about someone today, but I immediately brought that thought into obedience to Christ." Sinless

"For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, [SUP]22 [/SUP]coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. [SUP]23 [/SUP]All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” Mark 7:21-23

Interesting how Jesus actually starts this passage about sins with EVIL THOUGHTS.

Sounds to me Sinless, that you committed a sin today. It's ok, because Jesus can forgive you if you repent and ask him to forgive your sin! We all sin, and I think you have just admitted as much.

Our salvation is dependent on the work of Christ, and never on our own sinless perfection. The reason it is not dependent on our works, is because we live in this body of flesh, and sooner or later it will trip us us, including "bad thoughts." I am so thankful that my salvation is based on the cross of Calvary. I do try and obey God in every way, and to follow him with all my heart. But I think God would rather hear my confession of unrighteousness than the pride of the Pharisee who thought he was sinless and did everything right.

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: [SUP]10 [/SUP]“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. [SUP]11 [/SUP]The Pharisee,standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. [SUP]12 [/SUP]I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ [SUP]13 [/SUP]But the tax collector, standing far off,would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ [SUP]14 [/SUP]I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” Luke 18:9-14

 
  • Like
Reactions: Radius
I haven't lied or flattered anyone since I can remember, nor can I remember the last time a swear word went through my head (although that is temptation, not sin). I thought something bad about someone today, but I immediately brought that thought into obedience to Christ.

As far as never sinning again that is my plan, it is my goal, and I believe by the grace of God I can accomplish it.

Ephesians 3
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.


However IF I sin I have an advocate. You problem is you say WHEN you sin. This tells us all you have no intention on stopping therefore as I said you are not repentant and must choose to repent before you can be forgiven

You thought something bad about someone. That is sin. YOU SINNED. And you WILL (not IF) continue to sin until the day you die. You are just like me -- a wretched sinner even if you commit it just once in God's eyes. Accept it.

And how did you get from what I said that I have no intention on stopping sin? If you must know, I have stopped drinking, smoking cigarettes, swearing, viewing porn etc, etc. Really Mr. sinless, you have to stop the accusations.

And I see you are already back pedaling on your past statement of being without sin. Now you only sin sometimes but quickly bring it into obedience. It doesn't matter how long you brought that thought into obedience, you sinned, the fact you sinned remains. Therefore, quit judging people and worry about your perfection (that you will never attain).

I am not saying that working towards perfection is not good idea. It IS!!! I just believe it is an impossible task to go days, weeks, years without committing a single sin. And please do not interpret the fact that I admit I sin that I somehow or another enjoy it and wallow in it. I hate my sin, God knows that I repent when do sin. I am a saved sinner.
 
"I thought something bad about someone today, but I immediately brought that thought into obedience to Christ." Sinless

"For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, [SUP]22 [/SUP]coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. [SUP]23 [/SUP]All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” Mark 7:21-23

Interesting how Jesus actually starts this passage about sins with EVIL THOUGHTS.

Sounds to me Sinless, that you committed a sin today. It's ok, because Jesus can forgive you if you repent and ask him to forgive your sin! We all sin, and I think you have just admitted as much.

Our salvation is dependent on the work of Christ, and never on our own sinless perfection. The reason it is not dependent on our works, is because we live in this body of flesh, and sooner or later it will trip us us, including "bad thoughts." I am so thankful that my salvation is based on the cross of Calvary. I do try and obey God in every way, and to follow him with all my heart. But I think God would rather hear my confession of unrighteousness than the pride of the Pharisee who thought he was sinless and did everything right.

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: [SUP]10 [/SUP]“Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. [SUP]11 [/SUP]The Pharisee,standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. [SUP]12 [/SUP]I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ [SUP]13 [/SUP]But the tax collector, standing far off,would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ [SUP]14 [/SUP]I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” Luke 18:9-14


Amen sister. Amen!
 
"I thought something bad about someone today, but I immediately brought that thought into obedience to Christ." Sinless

"For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts,

Haha, I didn't say it was evil. I certainly didn't want to kill the man, I just thought what he did was rude.

You people are wild

You love your sin so much you cant imagine someone loving Jesus
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Radius
And how did you get from what I said that I have no intention on stopping sin?
You said WHEN you sin, that tells me and anyone with any common sense that you have no intention of quitting
 
Originally Posted by Radius
And I see you are already back pedaling on your past statement of being without sin. Now you only sin sometimes but quickly bring it into obedience.
Temptation is not sin
 
I am not saying that working towards perfection is not good idea. It IS!!! I just believe it is an impossible task
No one who believe it is impossible to do anything thing whatever that might be tries to do it, they know it is impossible.
I just believe it is an impossible task to go days, weeks, years without committing a single sin.
That is exactly why you cant stop sinning, because you believe it to be impossible
And please do not interpret the fact that I admit I sin that I somehow or another enjoy it and wallow in it. I hate my sin, God knows that I repent when do sin.
If you hated your sin, you would do it anymore
I am a saved sinner.
There is no such creature
 
Sinless, I do not think you understand how the human nature works. did you know every second we sin? even without meaning to or even knowing? without even meaning to we judge someone by how the look, sound or think. every single thought of lust every bit of bride in us is a sin. honestly just the fact you call yourself sinless is a sin. The devil thinks quite highly of himself as well.
 
Sinless, I do not think you understand how the human nature works. did you know every second we sin? even without meaning to or even knowing? without even meaning to we judge someone by how the look, sound or think. every single thought of lust every bit of bride in us is a sin. honestly just the fact you call yourself sinless is a sin. The devil thinks quite highly of himself as well.
My old man is dead, I have put on Christ. I am no longer driven by the lust of the flesh, but am walking in the Spirit empowered by grace to not sin.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
 
You said WHEN you sin, that tells me and anyone with any common sense that you have no intention of quitting

No, rather it means I am realistic about my human plight in this body in relation to sin. It is realism. Sin is unavoidable all times, every year until your die.
 
No, rather it means I am realistic about my human plight in this body in relation to sin. It is realism. Sin is unavoidable all times, every year until your die.
If you insist that will definitely sin then that means you have no intention of stopping. Common sense tells me that
 
It is realism. Sin is unavoidable all times, every year until your die.
Sin is most certainly not unavoidable.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.