E
eternally-gratefull
Guest
[/B][/COLOR]I may have misunderstood what he was saying.
But he said "They are not saved because they are in the church but are in the church because they are saved."
The part I underlined I disagree wtih. One is saved because he is in the church, in the body of Christ.
He is saying. One does not get saved by being a part of the church. He is part of the church BECAUSE he has BEEN SAVED.
Being "in the church" and "saved" are equivalent terms. As I read and understood his statement above, he seems to be trying to make them NOT equivalent. He is saying that one is first saved, then AFTER he is saved he then is placed in the church.
I do not think that is what he was saying
Here is the reason I am suspecting he is doing this separation between being "in the church" and being "saved":
Paul wrote his Ephesian letter to the church at Ephesus wherein Paul says that church was sealed, Eph 1:13. Yet some years later the church at Ephesus had fallen, left their first love and if they did not obey the command to repent their candlestick (church) would be removed (Rev 2) proving that salvation is conditonal and can be lost. So he is trying to disassociate salvation from being in the church to just the individual to avoid dealing with the church at Ephesus falling.
1. It does not prove salvation is conditional.
2. A candlestick is given to a church, NOT individuals.
3. People can be saved, and show no light. because they are not doing what God wants them. Also called a dead church. I have seen and been a part of many of them. But I KNOW the people in it were saved, they just missed out on so much of what God wanted to give them, and do with them
But one who has fallen away can be "re-save":
According to hebrews 6, They could not be resaved if they actually lost salvation. There is no second chance.
James 5:19,20 "Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."
Again read heb 6. Scripture can not contradict. I think the context of what james spoke of is sanctification. not justification There is a huge difference between the two.
