True Confessions from a Preacher's X-Wife

  • Thread starter Thread starter QuietCaptiveFreed
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Q

QuietCaptiveFreed

Guest
Tonight I am writing my first blog entry. I have to say its harder than it looks. I do not write because I feel I have anything that important to say or because I am spiritually "moved" to enlighten and guide. But rather I am writing as a recovering idiot. Yes, you heard correctly. Many years ago I fell into the trap of marrying a man who I believed was Godly because, well...he told me he was. He was going to be a preacher. His father was a preacher. His grandfather was a preacher. He seemed safe. And I needed safe. But I soon learned after our wedding I was living with an arrogant and self-righteous man. After years of his psychological abuse I was finally freed. His unfaithfulness got the better of him. He got careless. And rather than repent he tried to emotionally blackmail me into keeping his secret. Tonight I don't want to share the details of my story. Not yet anyway. But I want to you to know that if you are a recovering idiot like myself that you are not alone. One of the things that blows my mind about God is His ability to overrule our stupid, stupid, stupid decisions. It doesn't' mean we don't face consequences. Sometimes consequences that are lifelong. But His promise to work all things for our good is a seriously powerful promise. I am evidence of that promise. I hope that in the days ahead I will be an encouragement to you. That you will perhaps see that you are a treasure and not a mistake. That you are chosen and not abandoned. There is a purpose in your pain and God is in control. Hang in there. God adores you.
 
Jesus is a fresh new beginning in each day we live, which is forever, where there is an inner peace & great freedom in such a fullness where nothing that is not of Him has a right to claim or cling to us. He is the rain that refreshes our whole being, that gives new life in beauty from ashes. I'll meditate on His great great love for us and knitt my heart with His heart letting Him lead me, as He is our strength, our keeper, our shield, our foundation, the restorer of our all. :)