True Love

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Braveheartgal

Member
Jun 25, 2012
101
7
18
1 Corinthians 13 (paraphrased and abridged)

"Love: always protects, trusts, hopes, and perseveres. LOVE NEVER FAILS."

today when I looked at this verse, especially the last part that says love never fails, I found myself thinking: "that means when you love someone, (if you really do love them), no matter what they do or say you love them. For example, it doesn't say: "I love you as long as you're always nice to me and as long as you do things that I like." I have to remind myself that everyday. what's really great is that God doesn't have to remind Himself because He loves us unconditionally all the time.... no matter what we do, no matter what we say, how great is that?!!! say to that person "I choose to love you today."
love is an action word, and it is not merely the presence of emotional feelings. you may have emotional feelings for someone, but not truly love them spoken as by your actions. this is exactly what Jesus did for us on the cross. They spat on him and beat him and mocked him, He said "I love you", and He showed it by His actions. He chose to love us despite what we did to Him. That is true love.
 

Attachments

  • Isa. 49.jpg
    Isa. 49.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 191