True or False - "Another Jesus"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Ok, you imply you think 10 commandmests are valid. Do as you say not as you do. Keep the sabbath or you willfully sin :eek:
Who said I do not?

Are you Assuming again?

E

eternally-gratefull

Well If you look at the majority of my posts I keep saying He is out ONLY Shepherd, His words will never pass, He is our example, He is our savior, yet others tell me His words are abolished post-resurrection. And yes Jesus also says heaven and earth will pas before the law does. But again my main thing is that He is the way.
No people are telling you you are not under the law anymore

If your a child of God (as you claim you are) the law has completed its task in your life. It is time for you to move on to what you need to help you grow as that child of God. You can look at the law to learn. But as far as what it can do for you in your daily living? It can do nothing. That was NEVER its purpose

God gave the law KNOWING those who were truely seeking him would see it, and use it as a guide to understand they have sinned and fall short of Gods standard (perfection) to Know God how desperate our situation is (only 1 man can enter the presense of God, and even then ONLY if he is cleansed, if he does one things wrong, he dies the moment he enters (which is why they had to tie a rope to him BEFORE) to Know although he was that far away from us, completely isolated and unapproachable He was also in the center Still in our sight. That he has provided a way (the lamb without blemish, the sacrifice of the innocent for the remmision and redemption of sin, The way to atonement, Which when Christ came "the lamb of God" Israel should have seen, and we should see, he is that Lamb, He is that redeemer, HE is that one who propitiates us, and tears down the barrier between God and man, that the veil is rent in two. and no more separates us, WE NOW can come to the throne room of Grace and receive his gift.

Sadly, the jews never figured that out, and it appears many who themselves Gods people in our churches have yet to figure that out either

Will you? Have you? If so. Why do you wan to go back? Move forward!

E

eternally-gratefull

??? I answered your question yesterday for umteenth time. You wonder why I don`t take you seriously? o_O
The usual response I have come to expect. Once again, No scripture. Non responsive.

E

eternally-gratefull

NP. YOU TYPE SO MUCH NONSENSE YOU CAN`T REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID ONE DAY TO NEXT.
The usual response I have come to expect. Once again, No scripture. Non responsive.

How old are you? no seriously, I really want to know

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019

How old are you? no seriously, I really want to know
Seriously? Oh I`m sorry you are so mature. Stuck your foot in mouth with 10 commandment remark now you are working hard at evading and now falsely accuse me of no scripture. No I don`t think so. I post up plenty of scripture.

E

eternally-gratefull

Seriously? Oh I`m sorry you are so mature. Stuck your foot in mouth with 10 commandment remark now you are working hard at evading and now falsely accuse me of no scripture. No I don`t think so. I post up plenty of scripture.
Once again, The usual response

I gave up expecting an adult response from you awhile ago. You can not even answer this, (not that I expected you to)

I do not know what your purpose is here, But it seems all you wish to do is play games.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
Once again, The usual response

I gave up expecting an adult response from you awhile ago. You can not even answer this, (not that I expected you to)

I do not know what your purpose is here, But it seems all you wish to do is play games.
Run like the wind from your own remark.

E

eternally-gratefull

Run like the wind from your own remark.
this is what the 6th post you have made to me today? (then we have the post from last night which I first responded to) I have lost count.

All of them have been attack, Innuendo, Nothing scriptural. to be quite frank in my view Childish.

I do not run from any remarks, I have proven when I make a mistake I own up to them. Something this chatroom has yet to witness from you.

If you do not wish to talk about scripture or doctrine, once again, Why are you here?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Acts 21: 25 should be read with

Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

and balance all verses with words of Jesus:

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

What's up with Moses' seat? Well in the synagogue is an actual chair made of stone and it is called Moses' seat. When one sits in the seat to read from the Torah (first five books of the Bible) that one may only read word for word that which was written. They may not make any comment or opinion while in the seat reading the Torah.

So the question becomes does what Jesus say apply to us today?
But isn't that the reason for the New Covenant, in Jesus' blood? Jesus was talking about the Old Covenant when He talked about Moses' seat. Our New Covenant, in His blood, doesn't require any Old Testament law, as it is all fulfilled in Jesus.

Also, how do you reconcile 1 Corinthians 7:18 - 20?

18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

Galatians also warns that physical circumcision can become uncircumcision (of the heart), if we hope to obtain credit from God for it.

Galatians 5:1 - 6

5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
If you do not wish to talk about scripture or doctrine, once again, Why are you here?
I posted several scriptures and answered regarding several scriptures today. I just haven`t gotton anything from you that would lead me to post scriptures. Post something even remotely interesting and I`ll answer it.

E

eternally-gratefull

I posted several scriptures and answered regarding several scriptures today. I just haven`t gotton anything from you that would lead me to post scriptures.
post 8 now.

How far will you go before you stop acting this way, and sit and really sit and want to discuss scripture with me?

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
post 8 now.

How far will you go before you stop acting this way, and sit and really sit and want to discuss scripture with me?
What does all this mean?

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

E

eternally-gratefull

What does all this mean?

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
My view is it is the false religious system, The system which Got its start in babylon. And when the languages was confounded was spread through the world. When babylon was destroyed, the main system became greek, then roman. And still today is the main form of religion all over the world.

Mar 28, 2016
What's up with Moses' seat? Well in the synagogue is an actual chair made of stone and it is called Moses' seat. When one sits in the seat to read from the Torah (first five books of the Bible) that one may only read word for word that which was written. They may not make any comment or opinion while in the seat reading the Torah.
So the question becomes does what Jesus say apply to us today?
I would offer Moses' seat is the seat of "face to face" in the knowledge of God, He speaks differently through men like Moses used like God working with Aaron his brother to represent two working as one

Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God Exodus 4:12-16

A picture of our high priest of the new order and manner Jesus as the Son of man and the father working to establish the government of God. A loving authority and a willing sumisiveness. the peace of God surpasses all understanding.

Exodus 33:11And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

To much of a burden for Moses or any man, his father in law Jethro a Midianite was considered pagan. He was given a revelation as prophecy . The seat was divided as other men would use the law of God to settle spiritual matters . Only God knows the hearts of all men . Moses yoked with Christ made the burden lighters . we rest in Him

The seat that the Pharisees made into a seat of the law of fathers the judgement of men seen. It took away the meaning of face to face, or faith to faith. . . . the unseen eternal to the same. And was made into literal face to face .no faith needed.

An example The idea of Apostolic succession putting the law of men above that which is written in order for them to lord it over another persons beliefs . The law of the fathers passed on the Catholic fathers.

RickStudies

Sep 10, 2019
My view is it is the false religious system, The system which Got its start in babylon. And when the languages was confounded was spread through the world. When babylon was destroyed, the main system became greek, then roman. And still today is the main form of religion all over the world.
Then you think all these countries with false churches in them get burned up in one day? Almost whole world burns in one day?

E

eternally-gratefull

Then you think all these countries with false churches in them get burned up in one day? Almost whole world burns in one day?

it says SHE Will be burned

not countries not sure how you came up with this..