True story:‘Drag Queen Story Hour’ Sparking Protests in Southern U.S Cities

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
Obviously, you are forgiven IF you stop the sinning and if you experience remorse for the sin. We are in agreement.
I disagree on this: homosexuality is not a choice. Some believe it is also not a sin. The church is divided on this issue. I take no stand ... but I do take a stand on raising this particular sin to the point where it is the worst sin there is. I hear over and over again that all sin is the same and, yet, this sin, is absolutely hated and demonised like no other. I cannot deny what my eyes see and what my ears hear.

Hate has no place in Christianity. When I feel anger or hate, I repent because I know it is wrong and is, in itself a sin ... imho. I leave the judgment in God's hands. Let go and Let God. Only He can Judge.

J

Jennie-Mae

Hatred has so many forms. Whenever we hate we will rarely admit that we do. Instead of putting our full blown hatred on display, we disguise it. We find somebody to hate, a person, an action etc.

Gays are easy to pick on, cause deep down somewhere, we know they were born like that. There ain’t no chance whatsoever we gonna turn gay, so it’s totally safe bashing them. We ain’t never gonna be that kinda sinner.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Obviously, you are forgiven IF you stop the sinning and if you experience remorse for the sin. We are in agreement.
I disagree on this: homosexuality is not a choice. Some believe it is also not a sin. The church is divided on this issue. I take no stand ... but I do take a stand on raising this particular sin to the point where it is the worst sin there is. I hear over and over again that all sin is the same and, yet, this sin, is absolutely hated and demonised like no other. I cannot deny what my eyes see and what my ears hear.

Hate has no place in Christianity. When I feel anger or hate, I repent because I know it is wrong and is, in itself a sin ... imho. I leave the judgment in God's hands. Let go and Let God. Only He can Judge.
In the matter of sin it is all the same as regards eternal consequence if someone dies unrepentant.
Sin's however are not equal. Murder is more offensive a trespass against God's commands than say a starving homeless person stealing a pack of crackers from the free sides bin at a mini-markets self serve deli.
In matters of homosexuality in the OT it is called an abomination worthy of death. In the New it is an immoral sexual sin that will prohibit the homosexual entering the Kingdom. It in itself is a death just not that which was prosecuted under the OT laws. As in stoning to death.
I do not agree that homosexuality is not a choice. I spoke of two examples, one personal and one public, where two different women said they had made the choice to turn lesbian.

There is no so called "gay gene". So it cannot be said it is as innate as someone being born heterosexual. In fact, there is some documentation in clinical studies wherein homosexuals, male and female both, would share in their intimate early memory history when giving insight into their life. These studies were conducted to try and ascertain if homosexuality is nature or a choice.
More than one, as in many, men more so than women, shared they'd suffered abuse in their formative years. When their psyche was hard wiring to the nurture factors in their personal home environment.
For example, there were men that would share that as early as they could remember their mother was very domineering and their dad was passive. Even some would share that there was domestic abuse wherein the mother was the aggressor. And some even shared the mother abused them as well.

These type examples and far more and more varied, lead researchers in such studies to hypothesize that the nature or nurture question was a factor in the later sexual preference of their subjects.
And of course there are the medical studies that pertain to prenatal studies and the hormone link.
I don't believe we can categorically state we know what makes someone homosexual and what is not possible in that regard. Everybody is different just in and of themselves. For that reason I don't think homosexuals are an exception.

They deserve our prayers and compassion. However, they do not have entitlement to cause us to deviate from our faith filled understanding of how God see's them. He loves them. And yet, they are sinners committing to what he once said, a God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever, an abomination.
Standing devoid of opinion as to their destiny should they die condemned would I think be one attributed to the Christian. Who thought staying quiet at least about the topic of this particular sin was socially righteous.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Forgiveness is showing mercy for a WRONG perpetrated by the offender.

Jesus NEVER had sympathy for the sin commited by a sinner. Even the adulterous woman was given forgiveness NOT SYMPATHY. She was also told not to do that adulterous sin any longer.
Is Jesus a hater?
Mary of Magdala suffered and was cured of disease and seven demons possessing her. Luke 8:2. It is often thought the Magdalene was the woman caught in adultery in the scripture in John 8. However, it is not in the Bible that that woman was Mary Magdalene. Whereas her condition of possession and disease is described and attributed to her by name in Luke 8.

Just in the event someone may thing you're speaking of MM. Certainly you are right. Jesus forgave sins but he never once condoned the sinner sinning. Jesus does forgive. He told us to forgive 70 times 7. However, at the end of someones life their eternal future is determined by whether they were in grace or died in their sins.
Unfortunately, it is becoming an issue more and more in the church. The condoning of the sin of homosexuality. To the point, as previously noted, that the sexually active sinner homosexual is allowed to function as a member of a church office. Or they're "married" in the church, which is an enormous blasphemy.
I think a characteristic of that liberal indifference to this particular sin is that ideology that teaches, sure its a sin but we should just ignore that and we kind. As we kindly throw out the red carpet to eternal suffering.Because it just isn't right to keep bringing up the sin thing. Focus on the love.
Yes, love people. And yet, doesn't love tell someone when they're about to drive off a cliff and before the cliff is actually right in front of them?
Marginalizing redemption isn't a fault. Ignoring it is. And sadly we see that happening in the church too.

7seasrekeyed

well that is just so righteous sounding...too bad it is not true

God hates sin and condemns those who continue in sin and reject His Son, to hell. they will suffer the wrath of God

so while you are warming your toes by the fire and feeling all good about yourself, you offer the opposite of what God offers

how many cities did God destroy because of the murder, incest, rape, or adultery occurring within them?

how many cities did God destroy because of the homosexuality being practiced in them?

didn't you even bother to read Romans 1?

it doesn't matter what YOU think about sin or fairness or which sin is worse

it is what God says about those things that will come to pass

people have been excusing their sin since the garden

you tell God, then, that you do not want Romans 1 in the Bible and tell Him he should not have destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah

J

Jennie-Mae

well that is just so righteous sounding...too bad it is not true

God hates sin and condemns those who continue in sin and reject His Son, to hell. they will suffer the wrath of God

so while you are warming your toes by the fire and feeling all good about yourself, you offer the opposite of what God offers

how many cities did God destroy because of the murder, incest, rape, or adultery occurring within them?

how many cities did God destroy because of the homosexuality being practiced in them?

didn't you even bother to read Romans 1?

it doesn't matter what YOU think about sin or fairness or which sin is worse

it is what God says about those things that will come to pass

people have been excusing their sin since the garden

you tell God, then, that you do not want Romans 1 in the Bible and tell Him he should not have destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah
According to your analysis of the Bible a great number of places ought to be destroyed for the sinful behavior being displayed.

But they aren’t.

Is that telling you anything?

Maybe what is being described in the Old Testament not necessarily is to be taken literally on all levels?

We are all sinners, and we all keep on sinning. If you were right about your teachings we’re all en route to hell because none of us can stop sinning. But by the Grace of God we’re saved despite of that.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hatred has so many forms. Whenever we hate we will rarely admit that we do. Instead of putting our full blown hatred on display, we disguise it. We find somebody to hate, a person, an action etc.

Gays are easy to pick on, cause deep down somewhere, we know they were born like that. There ain’t no chance whatsoever we gonna turn gay, so it’s totally safe bashing them. We ain’t never gonna be that kinda sinner.

Honestly Jennie. I don't know what planet you are living on, but on Earth today, the vitriol, hatred, and bashing is done TO THE BELIEVERS by the homosexuals and their vast array of allies in EVERY sector of society INCLUDING some Christians, NOT by the believers.

Seriously, where have you been the past 20+ yrs? Where are you living today that the homosexual is the one persecuted rather than the God-fearing, Bible believing Christian? It's like you are stuck in how homosexuals were treated in the 1950s.

Watch this video from 6 yrs ago, and things have only gotten far worse with the homosexual haters:

Feb 28, 2016
not to worry, for Jesus Christ stands and sifts
for the times do shift into place...

7seasrekeyed

According to your analysis of the Bible a great number of places ought to be destroyed for the sinful behavior being displayed.

But they aren’t.

Is that telling you anything?

Maybe what is being described in the Old Testament not necessarily is to be taken literally on all levels?

We are all sinners, and we all keep on sinning. If you were right about your teachings we’re all en route to hell because none of us can stop sinning. But by the Grace of God we’re saved despite of that.

oh please

you have done nothing but dodge and deflect

Romans 1 is not the Old Testament

maybe you should actually crack a Bible before spinning your doctrine of self righteousness

we are not all sinners. you would know that also if you would actually consult a Bible

we are referred to as Saints in the NT but since you do not seem to realize that Romans 1 is in the New, I don't hold out much hope for your enlightenment :rolleyes:

I have not presented 'my teachings'

you, however, have presented your ignorance and its pretty stinking grim IMO

to top it off, you list yourself as a Christian living in Alabama...the Bible belt LOL!

J

Jennie-Mae

oh please

you have done nothing but dodge and deflect

Romans 1 is not the Old Testament

maybe you should actually crack a Bible before spinning your doctrine of self righteousness

we are not all sinners. you would know that also if you would actually consult a Bible

we are referred to as Saints in the NT but since you do not seem to realize that Romans 1 is in the New, I don't hold out much hope for your enlightenment :rolleyes:

I have not presented 'my teachings'

you, however, have presented your ignorance and its pretty stinking grim IMO

to top it off, you list yourself as a Christian living in Alabama...the Bible belt LOL!
Well, Ma’am, gotta hand it to you, when it comes to mud slinging I can’t offer you no competition.

Oh, and by the way, we want the panhandle back😂.

J

Jennie-Mae

Honestly Jennie. I don't know what planet you are living on, but on Earth today, the vitriol, hatred, and bashing is done TO THE BELIEVERS by the homosexuals and their vast array of allies in EVERY sector of society INCLUDING some Christians, NOT by the believers.

Seriously, where have you been the past 20+ yrs? Where are you living today that the homosexual is the one persecuted rather than the God-fearing, Bible believing Christian? It's like you are stuck in how homosexuals were treated in the 1950s.

Watch this video from 6 yrs ago, and things have only gotten far worse with the homosexual haters:

This is not only about gays, but also about racism on the rise in society in general.

How do we treat people?

Nobody’s gonna convince me to accept some ridiculous conspiracy theory saying that small groups of people, be it Native Americans, blacks, gays etc are the ones making the calls in our society.

All the above mentioned groups are best described as decimated in society over decades and centuries.

Have your interpretation of the good Lord, ridicule people not believing the same you people do, it doesn’t matter.

This grim and vengeful God, fuming with fire and brimstone, throwing sulfur left and right is not the God of the Holy Bible no matter how many quotations taken out of context to underline the cherry picking some of y’all is advocating.

Now you people are getting allies. We are allowing millions of Muslims to our society, they share many of your values, are you down with that?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
This is not only about gays, but also about racism on the rise in society in general.

How do we treat people?

Nobody’s gonna convince me to accept some ridiculous conspiracy theory saying that small groups of people, be it Native Americans, blacks, gays etc are the ones making the calls in our society.

All the above mentioned groups are best described as decimated in society over decades and centuries.

Have your interpretation of the good Lord, ridicule people not believing the same you people do, it doesn’t matter.

This grim and vengeful God, fuming with fire and brimstone, throwing sulfur left and right is not the God of the Holy Bible no matter how many quotations taken out of context to underline the cherry picking some of y’all is advocating.

Now you people are getting allies. We are allowing millions of Muslims to our society, they share many of your values, are you down with that?
What the heck are you talking about? Its almost as if you're having a stroke. Completely disjointed and non sensical.

This entire post has zero relevance to my post, or the thread in general.

J

Jennie-Mae

What the heck are you talking about? Its almost as if you're having a stroke. Completely disjointed and non sensical.

This entire post has zero relevance to my post, or the thread in general.
Neither had yours. I’m answering in the same fashion you did. You may want to reread your own post.

7seasrekeyed

Well, Ma’am, gotta hand it to you, when it comes to mud slinging I can’t offer you no competition.

Oh, and by the way, we want the panhandle back😂.

never any reference to what God actually says

and you thought Romans is in the Old Testament

you are not convincing of anything but a lack of desire to acknowledge God's word and what you mistakenly believe is a response that needs any consideration

you obviously have no desire to correct your errors that become your personal litmus test for truth

you simply illustrate the problems with so many that refer to themselves as Christian in this world, but are oblivious to what His word says

7seasrekeyed

How do we treat people?

no it is about trans genders flaunting their sin before impressionable children

when I read the type of posts you and those who agree with you create, I understand why evil has been able to make the inroads that it has

I'm not calling you evil...I am saying you have allowed evil to influence you

I hope you wake up

U

UnderGrace

How do we treat people?

but also about racism on the rise in society in general.
How do we treat people?
How do people treat Christians? They are a constantly vilified or ridiculed in the media.

In general racism has declined since the 1960's so I disagree we are anywhere near those levels presently.

Muslims and their Sharia law does not share any Christian values by any stretch of the imagination.

J

Jennie-Mae

never any reference to what God actually says

and you thought Romans is in the Old Testament

you are not convincing of anything but a lack of desire to acknowledge God's word and what you mistakenly believe is a response that needs any consideration

you obviously have no desire to correct your errors that become your personal litmus test for truth

you simply illustrate the problems with so many that refer to themselves as Christian in this world, but are oblivious to what His word says
I know you disagree with me about many things, but I haven’t said that Romans is in the Old Testament. That’s just something you’re saying to ridicule me. Which you’re quite good at.

The mindset you are advocating is pushing people away from God. It’s mostly about wrath, not focusing on the love Jesus shows us.

Jesus is our savior, and he don’t want us to stay in our sins. That goes for the gays as well. How are you being a disciple of God? How are you telling people the good news?

We have to make gay people see that what they’re doing is not in accordance to Scripture, but not by quoting Bible verses in a way making us look like we’re pitching a fit.

Instead of using prayer, we’re acting like morons every time somebody’s saying “gay” to us. You are proving my point in every response you are writing. You’re like a mother going off the handle every time your kids are misbehaving. Ain’t gonna help one bit. Sit down with them, ask them, understand them and mildly correct them until they get it.

You are quoting Bible verses to establish a situation where you can be bragging about your Bible knowledge, just like the Pharisees. You even had to put what you considered to be my poor Bible knowledge on full display in another thread just to ridicule me, again.

You may have read the Bible over and over again, but I’m not convinced that you are getting the message.

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018

You question Jennie-Mae's sanity and mine? I see ... if you disagree with me/her/anyone., they are then living on another planet and have it wrong.

No. My fried. You have this one wrong. Homosexuals ARE discriminated against; they are only 2% of the population whilst we are 98%. They want civil rights and to get those rights, they fight back ... so would i!
there are many right-wing Christian organizations who put alot of money into propagandizing hate and lies against gay people (see Politico and Hate Watch).

It is a common tactic for the hater to hind behind lies and to make up propaganda to demonise those whom they hate. We did it to minority groups like Jews (dirty, money-grubbing) and blacks (I cant even begin to go into the kinds of things that have been said about that group ... we had them as slaves! We said their blood was tainted and dangerous, we had separte bathrooms, schools and churches! for them).

It IS hate. Jenny-Mae named it perfectly and honestly. You may be in denial .. but most of us are not.

You have made an idol of the Bible, as well ... this is a seperate issue, but you continually use it ... often wrongly ... to attack. It is a tool not a weapon, my friend.
People are not wrong because they disagree with YOU. You, who believe in once saved, always saved .. which is a very questionable doctrine. Are you one of the elect? A Calvinist?

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
What the heck are you talking about?
Its almost as if you're having a stroke. Completely disjointed and non sensical.

Well, Penn Ed, you words speak for themselves. When you tried, unsucessfully, to attack me, my character, and intelligence, I was pretty sure this was your modus operandi. How sad.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
You question Jennie-Mae's sanity and mine? I see ... if you disagree with me/her/anyone., they are then living on another planet and have it wrong.

No. My fried. You have this one wrong. Homosexuals ARE discriminated against; they are only 2% of the population whilst we are 98%. They want civil rights and to get those rights, they fight back ... so would i!
there are many right-wing Christian organizations who put alot of money into propagandizing hate and lies against gay people (see Politico and Hate Watch).

It is a common tactic for the hater to hind behind lies and to make up propaganda to demonise those whom they hate. We did it to minority groups like Jews (dirty, money-grubbing) and blacks (I cant even begin to go into the kinds of things that have been said about that group ... we had them as slaves! We said their blood was tainted and dangerous, we had separte bathrooms, schools and churches! for them).

It IS hate. Jenny-Mae named it perfectly and honestly. You may be in denial .. but most of us are not.

You have made an idol of the Bible, as well ... this is a seperate issue, but you continually use it ... often wrongly ... to attack. It is a tool not a weapon, my friend.
People are not wrong because they disagree with YOU. You, who believe in once saved, always saved .. which is a very questionable doctrine. Are you one of the elect? A Calvinist?
back in the 80's , the gay community said " just recognize us as a legit part society ". o.k.

then, it was " do not discriminate against us, and give us legal partnership " o.k.

then it was " legalize gay marriage " and " make anything said about us in any way HATESPEACH " o.k.

now, it is " recognize transgender as legit " and " their are 57 fluid genders " o.k.

soon, and it is already happening around the fringes of the gay society, pedifile acceptance.

so, no, the gays have gotten everything they have asked for.