Trump defends the cops who shoved that 75 year old man down to the pavement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Not saying it's right, but at least it helps to understand how this escalated.

Police operate on a protocol known as totality of circumstances. They were already there in a large group, wearing riot gear, because they were expecting civil unrest.

If someone walks up in their personal space, start saving their hands around their weapons, they're liable to have force used on them.

I don't like that he got hurt, but he made a poor judgement call. It would have been better to approach them at a safe distance and just say what he needed to say.
I punched a guy in the face at the grocery store yesterday.
He shouldn't have approached me like that

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I wonder what story the cops would have spun about George Floyd's death had there not been video to show what really happened.

I am not a fan of all the surveillance and yet those who abuse their power need to be held accountable. Video footage helps.
There are two sides to everything even if you see what's going on sometimes we don't know 100% what are we looking at. Restraining him was necessary, because in his condition, if he were not restrained, he would have died faster. And you can also see on video that he drops a bag with drugs out of his hand when he's sat down. What the public is generally not told, is that he was in a deadly delirium from mixing meth and fentanyl. I don't think they paid enough attention to his condition though, or gave enough medical assistance, I was appalled that they would not check his pulse.

I believe the cops were negligent and had a hand in his death at least. That being said, why are we not hearing this:

Minneapolis Disaster: Fentanyl, Methamphetamine & Excited Delirium
Michael Baden Did Not Perform Autopsy But You Are Being Told He Did
George Floyd Autopsy Shows No Trauma

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
There are two sides to everything even if you see what's going on sometimes we don't know 100% what are we looking at. Restraining him was necessary, because in his condition, if he were not restrained, he would have died faster. And you can also see on video that he drops a bag with drugs out of his hand when he's sat down. What the public is generally not told, is that he was in a deadly delirium from mixing meth and fentanyl. I don't think they paid enough attention to his condition though, or gave enough medical assistance, I was appalled that they would not check his pulse.

I believe the cops were negligent and had a hand in his death at least. That being said, why are we not hearing this:

Minneapolis Disaster: Fentanyl, Methamphetamine & Excited Delirium
Michael Baden Did Not Perform Autopsy But You Are Being Told He Did
George Floyd Autopsy Shows No Trauma
Have you seen the Candace Owens video where she exposes Floyds police/arrest record ? He's a criminal, not a hero ..

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Have you seen the Candace Owens video where she exposes Floyds police/arrest record ? He's a criminal, not a hero ..
I am aware. They are trying to make him into Jesus, you hear things like "everywhere he went crowds of people followed him"... He had something like 9 arrests, a very long criminal history, he abandoned his 5yr old son, and he beat up a pregnant woman to rob her, pointing a gun into her belly... I understand the family, the family is hurt and for them he will always be an angel, that's to be expected for them to be biased, but why is everyone going along and why is the death of David Dorn and other black people who were murdered by rioters ignored.
Just because Floyd was a criminal doesn't mean he deserved less justice, justice is the same for all. But it is really annoying how they worship him (yet ignore more deserving black individuals), and how the protests killed and harmed so many people, a lot more than the police.

L

lenna

I found the way he was laid out in an open casket and revered 'by all' to be disturbing. He should have been in the ground days ago, instead it is as though he is laid out in state.

As for Trump, he has survived many lies about him so far and I pray that continues. The other choice is the devil's agenda and if someone thinks Trump is this or that, have a chat with God about it.

As for me, I am thankful Clinton didn't win.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I found the way he was laid out in an open casket and revered 'by all' to be disturbing. He should have been in the ground days ago, instead it is as though he is laid out in state.

As for Trump, he has survived many lies about him so far and I pray that continues. The other choice is the devil's agenda and if someone thinks Trump is this or that, have a chat with God about it.

As for me, I am thankful Clinton didn't win.
Satan would probably be a better president than Trump

L

lenna

I don't for one minute believe that half or more of the good folks 'protesting' are actually there for Mr Floyd.

Kindly note that does not mean I approve of his death or condone the police who are out of line. My biggest question in all of it, is how could an officer have 18 complaints against him and continue to operate with apparent immunity.

There is more to this story that meets the eye and waaaaaay too much emotionalism and lack of people interested in the actual story.

L

lenna

Satan would probably be a better president than Trump
You would do yourself a favor not to talk that way. Jesus defeated satan and if you are a Christian, you would do well not to joke about the devil. The devil loves that and you hurt yourself to speak of that spirit that way.

Far too often people forget they are supposed to believe in Christ and what He stands for when they write in these forums.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
y
I am aware. They are trying to make him into Jesus, you hear things like "everywhere he went crowds of people followed him"... He had something like 9 arrests, a very long criminal history, he abandoned his 5yr old son, and he beat up a pregnant woman to rob her, pointing a gun into her belly... I understand the family, the family is hurt and for them he will always be an angel, that's to be expected for them to be biased, but why is everyone going along and why is the death of David Dorn and other black people who were murdered by rioters ignored.
Just because Floyd was a criminal doesn't mean he deserved less justice, justice is the same for all. But it is really annoying how they worship him (yet ignore more deserving black individuals), and how the protests killed and harmed so many people, a lot more than the police.
Yes, and the woman who he and 4 others ''home invaded'' at gunpoint along with all the repeated drug charges tells me he should have still been in prison , to save his own life .. He was asking for death sooner or later and the cop didn't kill him by murder ..

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I think he WAS a very bad criminal.

But unless I’m mistaken, he appeared to be on somewhat a decent path, and I think he was a genuine believer. At least in the past 5 years.
I understand he tried to pass a phoney bill, but we all stumble as Christians.

But you are absolutely right about the black police officer. He should be held up with honor, not Mr Floyd.

L

lenna

y

Yes, and the woman who he and 4 others ''home invaded'' at gunpoint along with all the repeated drug charges tells me he should have still been in prison , to save his own life .. He was asking for death sooner or later and the cop didn't kill him by murder ..
He is simply being used for a bigger agenda. Notice there is no marching around for the black man, in his 70's and retired from the force, when he was gunned down while protecting a pawn shop.

Also, please note that they have now arrested 2 black men for that murder.

If people cannot see this and continue to protect a criminal while ignoring the injustice of killing the black man by 2 black men while supposedly protesting Floyd's death by arrest, it illustrates what I said previously about an agenda.

The deception is getting worse and worse.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I don't for one minute believe that half or more of the good folks 'protesting' are actually there for Mr Floyd.

Kindly note that does not mean I approve of his death or condone the police who are out of line. My biggest question in all of it, is how could an officer have 18 complaints against him and continue to operate with apparent immunity.

There is more to this story that meets the eye and waaaaaay too much emotionalism and lack of people interested in the actual story.
Very true. People just want that black and white situation (pun not intended), where only one side is 100% guilty and another is 100% innocent and just shifting blame.

Well that's not how things work in life... The dude overdosing with drugs was in the wrong, brought himself to the situation, and he paid with his life. The cop was also in the wrong, was negligent if not outright brutal, and he will pay also with his life, albeit in a different way, when proper punishment is determined.

E

EleventhHour

Trump is a complete idiot..
He struggles to hold the bible correctly that is for sure..

Reminded me of the scene in The Lion King..... when Rafiki holds up Simba.... except Simba at least was right side up. :)

sei_35765482-693a.jpg

bojack

Dec 16, 2019

But unless I’m mistaken, he appeared to be on somewhat a decent path, and I think he was a genuine believer. At least in the past 5 years.

But you are absolutely right about the black police officer. He should be held up with honor, not Mr Floyd.
The law is the same for criminals, Christian or not, right ?

E

EleventhHour

Very true. People just want that black and white situation (pun not intended), where only one side is 100% guilty and another is 100% innocent and just shifting blame.

Well that's not how things work in life... The dude overdosing with drugs was in the wrong, brought himself to the situation, and he paid with his life. The cop was also in the wrong, was negligent if not outright brutal, and he will pay also with his life, albeit in a different way, when proper punishment is determined.
These are not equivalent.

No one should die while under arrest no matter what they have done.... I believe we are still under the rule of law.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014

He seemingly stayed out of trouble during that period, he wasn't getting arrested. But if you look up, when he was arrested, he was on a deadly mix of fentanyl and meth which had him in delirium. And you can see on camera when a cop sits him down next to a wall, he drops a bag of drugs behind his back as well. I suppose he might have stayed clean for a while, but when arrested it was a bad relapse into drug habits, which killed him, or helped kill him. Sadly, he ruined his chance. He also resisted, walking the policemen around and not wanting to enter into the car (are people even watching the same video when they say he didn't resist?), which didn't help. Not to say the officers did him justice in treating him, I believe they were negligent at least. Look at the links I posted a few posts earlier.